[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Left Guard vs Right Guard

Footballjoe

Pro Football Focus?

I think the problem here is you consistently refer to them as THE authority on all NFL statistics. So much so that now you're no longer even crediting them when you say things like "Waters is rated as the best pass blocking G in the NFL." That may or may not be a statistical fact, but you're basing that statement on their opinion of how they score a game." I don't think anybody is bothered by the fact that you think their game analysis is tops in the business, but when you quote what they say as statistical fact then folks here that know better are always going to call you on it.

I think the problem here is you consistently refer to them as THE authority on all NFL statistics. So much so that now you're no longer even crediting them when you say things like "Waters is rated as the best pass blocking G in the NFL." That may or may not be a statistical fact, but you're basing that statement on their opinion of how they score a game." I don't think anybody is bothered by the fact that you think their game analysis is tops in the business, but when you quote what they say as statistical fact then folks here that know better are always going to call you on it.

add that to my last post too :wacko:

I was. And yes, I agree with you, Nicks is the superior pass blocker.

For what its worth, Waters is rated as the best pass blocking G in the NFL.

I'm a bit confused here as well... Nicks is a superior pass blocker to Evan Mathis, but Waters is rated as the best pass blocking guard in the NFL? Didn't you say in another thread that Mathis was the best overall FA guard?

I'll just say that, like any site that ranks players take it with a grain of salt. They have some good info but some info (like any site that ranks players regardless of position) I question. For example, I have no idea how they could come up with Evan Mathis as the best G in the NFL. Whatever metric they are using that resulted in that ranking is flawed IMO. And judging by your top 30 FA list that you devised with their help.... Derek Landri? Really? A street free agent that the Eagles cut twice this year? He11, I'll even spot you the kickers since I feel they are under-rated in real football. You would know, you suffered through Nate Kaeding's choking fits

Yes they are good but unlike DMD they are not infallible. :wacko:

The PFF references make you sound like "one time at band camp" LOL

I'll deal you Sheppard when you stop offering $hit and start drunk-trading again :tup:

The metric they use, I believe, is total snaps in accordance with balancing out the pass block rating run block rating and screen block rating along with Sacks allowed, QB Hits allowed and QB pressures allowed. Mathis has a cumulative 20.4 run blocking rating....14 points better than the next guy in line. It's so overwhelmingly superior its not even funny. Now when it comes to pass blocking, Mathis barely ranks in the top 10 with a 10.6 behind guys like Waters and Nicks. But when you average them out and take into account that Mathis allowed ZERO sacks, 1 of only 10 G's with over 1k+ snaps to do so, then it becomes clear. The worst offender of any G to allow QB pressures was Zane Beetles of the Broncos with a whopping 32. Mathis allowed 12. Maybe the system doesn't take into account the intangibles, but from a statistical standpoint, I'm not sure what the argument is here.

At any rate. I've beat that dead horse enough.

And the drunk trading days are over I'm afraid my friend. I'm on day 7 of sobriety and I don't plan on stopping the wagon anytime soon.

Edited by tazinib1

I can see your point. So I guess I'll just stay away from responding to any future threads when it concerns who is ranked what. As it is now assumed I base all my answers on 1 site. I do have my own opinions and if nobody can discern those by now, then whats the point of me responding to anything? What I will do, is strip down to my god given gift and run through every thread butt naked. Hows that.

Edited by tazinib1

I'll just say that, like any site that ranks players take it with a grain of salt. They have some good info but some info (like any site that ranks players regardless of position) I question. For example, I have no idea how they could come up with Evan Mathis as the best G in the NFL. Whatever metric they are using that resulted in that ranking is flawed IMO. And judging by your top 30 FA list that you devised with their help.... Derek Landri? Really? A street free agent that the Eagles cut twice this year? He11, I'll even spot you the kickers since I feel they are under-rated in real football. You would know, you suffered through Nate Kaeding's choking fits

Yes they are good but unlike DMD they are not infallible. :wacko:

The PFF references make you sound like "one time at band camp" LOL

I'll deal you Sheppard when you stop offering $hit and start drunk-trading again :tup:

Just to be fair, Landri does not crack the top 50 in PFF's rankings as a FA. I would also add that I don't believe Mathis has allowed any sacks in 3 seasons now. He should get a pretty big contract this year. Age is a minor concern.

Edited by Ice1

Just to be fair, Landri does not crack the top 50 in PFF's rankings as a FA. I would also add that I don't believe Mathis has allowed any sacks in 3 seasons now. He should get a pretty big contract this year. Age is a minor concern.

Thank you. I did not get my FA rankings from any 1 site in particular, I did, however, back up those picks with stats from PFF, The Huddle and a few other sources I use to evaluate players. Rather, It was a cumulative listing from information gathered from numerous sources and my own feelings, thoughts about certain players. Of course, nobody else has the balls to put out a list of their own so it is what it is. The one thing that I'm going to miss this season is watching game clips of the incoming rookies as I will be working till mid May. Having a friend that works for NFL Films is a very cool thing :wacko:

Out of all of players I submitted, Landri was the one I took a gamble on based on his reserve roll. Just goes to show you how good the IDP players on this board are to point it out. Give him a snap count comparable to the leaders and he projects as a top 10 DT in QB hits, QB pressures and solo stops. He would be middle of the road in Sacks, Tackles and BP's but his QB pressure is what teams will be looking at. I expect him to re-sign with the Eagles anyway. So it really doesn't matter at this point.

I can see your point. So I guess I'll just stay away from responding to any future threads when it concerns who is ranked what. As it is now assumed I base all my answers on 1 site. I do have my own opinions and if nobody can discern those by now, then whats the point of me responding to anything? What I will do, is strip down to my god given gift and run through every thread butt naked. Hows that.

You're missing the point completely.