[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think my beer drinking days are over

loaf

I've severely cut down and now...this.

As soon as I finish my first beer, my sinuses plug up. I must be allergic to either the gluten or hops or...I've looked it up online and many folks suffer the same fate as me. The sinuses stay plugged throughout the day and night and even regular strength sudafed doesn't help. I wake up in the morning with a tongue as dry as leather. Sometimes, the stuffiness will last an entire week.

My one buddy says to take zyrtec before drinking as he does but I'm not sure if that will help with the rest of the week. I don't want to keep taking allergy medicine all week long because of 3 beers. Which is how many I had last night. My first of February. And here I am, breathing through my mouth and all plugged up.

Anyone have this problem? What do you do?

I've never been so disappointed with myself.

I've severely cut down and now...this.

As soon as I finish my first beer, my sinuses plug up. I must be allergic to either the gluten or hops or...I've looked it up online and many folks suffer the same fate as me. The sinuses stay plugged throughout the day and night and even regular strength sudafed doesn't help. I wake up in the morning with a tongue as dry as leather. Sometimes, the stuffiness will last an entire week.

My one buddy says to take zyrtec before drinking as he does but I'm not sure if that will help with the rest of the week. I don't want to keep taking allergy medicine all week long because of 3 beers. Which is how many I had last night. My first of February. And here I am, breathing through my mouth and all plugged up.

I've never been so disappointed with myself.

Have you tried any of the gluten free beers to see if there is a difference? Do you drink 1 pint of H2O per beer? Do you smoke or go to smoky bars?

I have not had this problem, but I will say that the worlds of wine, whiskey and brandy/cognac/armagnac are worth diving into if you find this to be true. There are plenty of taste treats in that band.

I know it's not the same, but still very enjoyable in their own ways.

I have not tried the gluten free beers yet. I heard the dogfish head one was terrible. I'm not sure it is the gluten since I eat the 800 million other things gluten is in...

I do smoke but I've ruled that out as a cause. I smoke a cig or two a day and nothing. One beer and poof.

We are not allowed to smoke indoors in OH anymore.

NA beer? What's the point?

Agree on trying other boozes. I get sick of beer after awhile and do it anyway, stuff is just too filling. Wine is great as there are so many kinds and diff subtle tastes they bring etc. Also the healthiest of alcohols. Can't do the hard stuff much but it has it's place and again so much variety.

Glad that aint contagious and hope I never get it though. Somehow a burger off the grill and glass of wine just isn't cuttin it for me.

Edited by BeeR

:wacko:

That truly sucks.

you ain't kiddin. I'll have plenty of zyrtec for my trip to Upper MI in April though :tup:

why would alcohol intolerance suddenly appear? I would think that I would have had this reaction all my life to beer if it is indeed the condition, no?

And no to the baby question, I'm just fat.

Sorry to hear loaf. I feel for ya, man.

I have had a battle with wine here lately, particularly reds. Even one glass of red I get the screaming sh!ts and a headache that lasts for 12 hours. And I love wines... Whites, If I have more than half a bottle my stomach cramps up and my head starts pounding. It is insane.

Allergies or intolerences as you call them definitely can spring up at any time with or without reason. So the past is definitely not an indicator. You haven't mentioned whether wine or booze causes any of the same problems (since the beer problem started).

Allergies or intolerences as you call them definitely can spring up at any time with or without reason. So the past is definitely not an indicator. You haven't mentioned whether wine or booze causes any of the same problems (since the beer problem started).

I don't drink either of the those so I couldn't tell. I'm going to have to make a trip to the Doctor's. I can't go the rest of my life like this.

I don't drink either of the those so I couldn't tell. I'm going to have to make a trip to the Doctor's. I can't go the rest of my life like this.

Well, trying some other form of alcohol would be my first step towards narrowing it down.

I am still sending you that gumballhead. :wacko:

I would hope so...really want to try it. I can have one before I get stuffed and can't taste anything.

I have a Dr appt on the 29th.

I will do a shot of my Rogue Distillery (the same that brew the beer) Whisky before then to see if hard stuff can be ruled out.

• 2 weeks later...

went to the Dr. yesterday and he did not do any diagnostics that I would have hoped for. He basically gave me the same nose spray cocktail recipe he gave my coworker. I didn't remember this until I got up to the front desk to make the followup appt and saw a stack of the recipes about 2 inches thick. Looks like his go to prescription.

We'll see what happens this weekend as I'll get a couple beers and test out this remedy.

I still haven't had any other alcohol to see if it happens there as well.

I still haven't had any other alcohol to see if it happens there as well.

Quit slacking off. Go get a bottle of jack and get after it!

Seriously though, hope you get some help. My allergies (while different than yours) are a beech and life sucks when they act up.

this nose spray is worth every penny! I forgot what normal breathing was.

I had two beers on Sunday and nothing! I also downed a zyrtec d beforehand.

Going to try it without the z-d this weekend.