[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Franchise Tags are Here

Infinity

I can see CHI not paying Forte what he wants since they already offered him $30mil and he turned it down.

Forte reportedly turned down $15 million guaranteed in August.

So Forte did not accept a deal that was worth 15 mil guaranteed. My guess was a couple mil short but it seems like the offer was no where near 30 million. The fact that he is over 50% of the team's offense says something. Especially when you consider some of the other RB contracts over recent years.

McFadden's contract is worth 26 mil guaranteed

MJD 17.5 mil (from 3 or 4 years ago I think)

Brandon Jacobs made 13 mil guaranteed (4 year ending this year)

DeAngelo Williams 21 mil guaranteed

Michael Turner 15 mil

Reggie Bush's NO contract was 26 mil guaranteed

Sproles is around 14mil I believe

I don't know what exactly Forte is willing to settle for, but I don't blaim him for turning down 15 mil. Two years of franchise tag will actually pay him over 15 million and he'd still be 28 (should at least get one more contract after that). Granted that is all assuming he stays healthy but if I were him I'd have turned that down as well. He's a good all around player (average 1500 all around yards for 4 years now) and seems like a good locker room and off the field guy as well. Hopefully the Bears can make it work out.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't suggesting that he should've accepted or turned it down, but rather that (reportedly) he DID turn it down. I know it's a different GM, so the question is, how much was and is other decision makers involved and will they now increase the offer significantly?

If they don't increase it much, will Forte now accept or turn it down again?

What happens if they tag him and don't work out a new offer? Does he hold out?

From what I gathered from his quotes, that seems dependent on what signs he's getting from the team. He has seemingly taken the high road thus far, so I'm guessing he just plays for the year under the tagged contract and takes it out on the team by bolting as an UFA after that if he feels they're just dicking around.

That is the deal with franchised players, right? If they tag you and don't sign you, they can't tag you again? You're an UFA after that season?

The one player I see right off the bat that teams will surrender a 1st for if not tagged, is Mike Wallace. The Ravens and Patriots are 2 teams with low 1sts that will be all over Wallace if Pitt doesn't manage to get him signed. Sanders and Brown as the WR nucleus for Big Ben? He might just go on a raping spree if that pans out.

:wacko:

The one player I see right off the bat that teams will surrender a 1st for if not tagged, is Mike Wallace. The Ravens and Patriots are 2 teams with low 1sts that will be all over Wallace if Pitt doesn't manage to get him signed. Sanders and Brown as the WR nucleus for Big Ben? He might just go on a raping spree if that pans out.

Everything that I've read points to the Bengals going hard after Wallace. A ton of cap room, and you get your nucleus on offense tied up for a long time.

Green opposite Wallace would be nasty. That, and they'd be hurting a divisional opponent.

Everything that I've read points to the Bengals going hard after Wallace. A ton of cap room, and you get your nucleus on offense tied up for a long time.

Green opposite Wallace would be nasty. That, and they'd be hurting a divisional opponent.

I'm a life long Bengals fan. I would love to see this happen, but I will not hold my breath. The whole idea is very un-bengal like, or should I say out of character for Mike Brown. I would almost be surprised if NE doesn't do this though. It makes too much sense. It would allow NE to actually get someone great with all these picks they stockpile, at an area of need no less.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I'm a life long Bengals fan. I would love to see this happen, but I will not hold my breath. The whole idea is very un-bengal like, or should I say out of character for Mike Brown. I would almost be surprised if NE doesn't do this though. It makes too much sense. It would allow NE to actually get someone great with all these picks they stockpile, at an area of need no less.

Times are changing. Mike Brown traded Carson Palmer, and gave Chad Johnson his walking papers, then went out and had a heck of a draft.

Not so sure. Wes Welker was traded under a different CBA. The question is can you still do it under the new CBA. Come on Taz, try and keep up. I'm getting tired of having to catch you up with everyone else. :wacko:

Well here is the new CBA

I'm not in the mood to sift through it but I believe its in Article 10 somewhere . Somebody else can go over it....I'm having the urge to drink so its best time I get the hell out of dodge before I blow it.

Edited by tazinib1

I wasn't suggesting that he should've accepted or turned it down, but rather that (reportedly) he DID turn it down.

I guess my point was that he DID turn down a 14 to 15 million dollar deal, but he was NEVER really offered a 30 million dollar deal. We'll see what happens though. I have some optimism now that they've cleaned Angelo out of office. If the new GM screws up handling Forte (and Idonije) than it'll be a rough start.

I suppose. Seems my humor is getting a little edgy being off the sauce ..... :wacko:

I think the point some are trying ti make is that we should be able to have discussion about certain players and fantasy football without always bringing up their off field issues

- Big Ben and the alleged rape of women

- Mike Vick and dog fighting

- Ray Lewis and being involved in a murder

etc.

It just detracts from the conversation and gets people derailed into attacking or defending such statements.

I think the point some are trying ti make is that we should be able to have discussion about certain players and fantasy football without always bringing up their off field issues

- Big Ben and the alleged rape of women

- Mike Vick and dog fighting

- Ray Lewis and being involved in a murder

etc.

It just detracts from the conversation and gets people derailed into attacking or defending such statements.

Times are changing. Mike Brown traded Carson Palmer, and gave Chad Johnson his walking papers, then went out and had a heck of a draft.

Times are changing, but these are completely different situations than us signing Wallace to an offer sheet. Ocho's play had declined, and this lost year in NE confirms that. Palmer wasn't going to play another down in a Bengals uniform, so he would have been a complete idiot if he hadn't taken Oak's bounty of picks. Signing Wallace to a big contract would be very out of character for Mike Brown, let alone losing a 1st round pick to do so. Like I stated, I would love it, but I'm a realist.

You obviously did not click on the link. :wacko:

I'm not sure anybody knew there was a link, I had to go back and read your posts then I noticed holding the mouse over the emoticon that tthere was a link. When most people read a post and see one of those, they don't bother moving the mouse over them to see if there's a link. So you might want to use something like one of these

:tup:

click here

and then add your smiley face or whatever icon

Times are changing, but these are completely different situations than us signing Wallace to an offer sheet. Ocho's play had declined, and this lost year in NE confirms that. Palmer wasn't going to play another down in a Bengals uniform, so he would have been a complete idiot if he hadn't taken Oak's bounty of picks. Signing Wallace to a big contract would be very out of character for Mike Brown, let alone losing a 1st round pick to do so. Like I stated, I would love it, but I'm a realist.

Man . . . Bengals are almost 40 million UNDER the cap. I hope they sign Wallace . .

I'm not sure anybody knew there was a link, I had to go back and read your posts then I noticed holding the mouse over the emoticon that tthere was a link. When most people read a post and see one of those, they don't bother moving the mouse over them to see if there's a link. So you might want to use something like one of these

:tup:

click here

and then add your smiley face or whatever icon

Thanks new guy :wacko:

in case you missed it

:lol: