[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You don't like Tebow?

Bronco Billy

Tebow detractors ought to thoroughly enjoy this article:

Silver's GQ article on Tebow

and some select quotes from {former} Bronco and Tebow teammate Brady Quinn:

Brady Quinn (backup QB, Denver Broncos): Early in the season, there was a game when Kyle [Orton] got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just 'cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice.

Quinn: The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown.

Quinn: We've had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply.

Quinn: If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with what Quinn is saying. I think people are way too touchy when it comes to Tebow.

+1

1st quote: he was the #2 QB

2nd quote: hard to disagree with that description

3rd quote: I think most would agree

4th quote: Well, that is how he feels about it...I am sure there are others that feel like Tebow was "flaunting" it too.

+1

1st quote: he was the #2 QB

2nd quote: hard to disagree with that description

3rd quote: I think most would agree

4th quote: Well, that is how he feels about it...I am sure there are others that feel like Tebow was "flaunting" it too.

Count me in that group. He is far from humble, he's in your face.

So who won the poll on when the first Tebow thread of the 2013 season would get started?

And when did GQ become a source for sports stories?

Quinn: If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me.

These statements by Quinn are not in the least bit humble, in fact they reek of jealousy, poor sportsmanship and simply being a bad teammate. Tebow will be around the league for at least a little while longer. I personally think he has a long career ahead of him. I can't say the same about Quinn.

Definitely saw him during the play-offs look up from his pose to look around to see if the pose was there long enough. It wasn't when he was done with his mini-prayer. Too fake for me.

These statements by Quinn are not in the least bit humble, in fact they reek of jealousy, poor sportsmanship and simply being a bad teammate. Tebow will be around the league for at least a little while longer. I personally think he has a long career ahead of him. I can't say the same about Quinn.

Then again, you don't know what was taken out of context, which Brady Quinn is saying the writer did. You've got to keep in mind that most writers/reporters are no longer tied to being credible reporters. In this TMZ media world that we live in, most writers care more about drama, or creating drama to get their name out to as many people.

I think it's bad writing, and Quinn's comments were taken out of context.

If Tebow is going to wear his faith on his sleeve, there's nothing wrong with that, but he has to understand that it's gonna put some people off. I mean, some of the press conferences with changing the subject about the game and interjecting God into everything are taking it way too far, and it definitely comes across at times as him pushing his beliefs on people with the public Tebowing too.

He seems to believe that his real place in the NFL is to convert people to his beliefs, and some guys would prefer that he just keeps it off the field, prays with them, and goes about his job humbly, rather than make a spectacle out of it. Don't ask, don't tell, don't care when it comes to the field.

No one should have to apologize because they think he's over the top with it. That's not anti-christian or jealous, that's not wanting to feel like someone is pushing their personal beliefs on you (and yes, I agree with PON that every statement is in response to a question, so we don't even know the context either).

He seems to believe that his real place in the NFL is to convert people to his beliefs, and some guys would prefer that he just keeps it off the field, prays with them, and goes about his job humbly, rather than make a spectacle out of it. Don't ask, don't tell, don't care when it comes to the field.

Honestly, I don't think he's helping with his crusade. I think more often than not, he's turning people off by constantly cramming it down everyone's throats.

Tebow seems like a good dude.

He wins, stands up for his faith, seems to treat people well. What a terrible thing.

:tup:

He wins despite sucking, is out-spoken about religion in a time when being religious isn't "cool" and doesn't get in bar fights and have baby mamas.

Not what we (society) want from our new role-models :wacko:

Warner: To me, it's a biblical story. That's what the Bible's full of: ordinary guys who are able to accomplish extraordinary things, not by their own strength and might but by God's hands coming with them. And I think it's very similar to my story and what people took from me going from a grocery-store clerk to a Super Bowl champion. Often we want to focus on the individual and the great things he's done, kind of like Tim Tebow, and rightfully so. But the thing you always notice in the Bible is that the result of those things is other people believing. That's what I take away from this: Tim is an ordinary guy who by football standards might be considered ordinary but is doing some extraordinary things. I've seen a team and commentators and analysts and fans come to believe. And it doesn't always have to be believing in Jesus and believing in faith. They're believing in the fact that regardless of our limitations, we can still accomplish great things.

He was a two-time national champion at the NCAA level, a three-time All-American, who also won the Heisman Trophy, AND was a 1st Round draft pick. This isn't some developmentally challenged kid who was the team's water boy or something Kurt Warner. Quit insulting yourself, Tebow, and everyone else who watches him, by portraying him as anything short of an elite athlete with expectations to perform.

I see that there are many people who miss discussing Tebow and were just waiting for another thread on him.

Play football, thank God when you do well. Stop all the praying on the field, joking about "God had a hand in that one" when something goes your way. He doesn't seem genuine to me.

I'm not anti Christian or anti relegion. I don't want players to all be rapists, druggies and murderers. I appreciate regular guys like the Browns Joe Thomas who got blasted for not showing up to the draft because he went fishing with his dad instead. He doesn't care for the limelight or attention, just wants to play football and help his team.

Tebow (IMHO) on the other hand craves the attention and seeks it out. He's all about getting his word out, that being Christian is ok, wearing your religion on your sleeve is good, and playing football at a high level just gives him the exposure he wants (he's a football playing evangelist).

Count me in that group. He is far from humble, he's in your face.

So who won the poll on when the first Tebow thread of the 2013 season would get started?

And when did GQ become a source for sports stories?

If I'm not mistaken Silver actually writes for Yahoo Sports and this isn't the first time that he has been accused by players that he was too liberal with his "interpretation" of their interview. Silver & Jason Cole, honestly, I can't imagine why any player would ever grant either of them an interview.