[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another Steeler cleared of any wrong doing

polksalet

another Steeler cleared of any wrong doing

DeKalb County Prosecutor Sonja N. Brown said Wednesday that Ward pleaded guilty to reckless driving and was given a year on probation. She says he also was fined $2,000 and must do 80 hours of community service. He also must undergo alcohol evaluation.

Are all Steeler fans illiterate?

Cutting a fairly common plea agreement to admit lesser guilt while agreeing to alcohol evaluations is not being cleared. It is admitting to most of the factual basis needed to prove DUI.

He got a break that many guilty folks get on their first time when they take responsibility for their act.

Cutting a fairly common plea agreement to admit lesser guilt while agreeing to alcohol evaluations is not being cleared. It is admitting to most of the factual basis needed to prove DUI.

He got a break that many guilty folks get on their first time when they take responsibility for their act.

Probably true, the big difference is he was arrested in July and didn't have to stand trial until 6-7 months later. That is because of his status, privilege given to celebrities and athletes, in part because they can afford the best attorneys.

Probably true, the big difference is he was arrested in July and didn't have to stand trial until 6-7 months later. That is because of his status, privilege given to celebrities and athletes, in part because they can afford the best attorneys.

Please....my boss's loser son was arrested in April of 2011 for armed robbery. The loser was able to postpone his hearing three times. The last postponement was because he did not want to spend Christmas in jail. He just had his hearing weeks ago(dude was told do not pass go ...go straight to jail. See you in five years). This has nothing whatsoever to do with being famous. Either the level of jealousy of the rich is at an all time high with some of you, or you are just ignorant.

Please....my boss's loser son was arrested in April of 2011 for armed robbery. The loser was able to postpone his hearing three times. The last postponement was because he did not want to spend Christmas in jail. He just had his hearing weeks ago(dude was told do not pass go ...go straight to jail. See you in five years). This has nothing whatsoever to do with being famous. Either the level of jealousy of the rich is at an all time high with some of you, or you are just ignorant.

If you say so, I have no personal experience with criminal trials. But I guess I presume that when you are charged with a crime and have to appear in court that "I have to work and cannot be there" isn't as good an excuse for your average joe as say it is for a big money celebrirty, athlete etc.

If you think people with money and power, who can afford the best attorneys don't get breaks that others get, you are delusional.

is your boss's business lucrative?

seems pertinent to discussion imo

only history i have with law is misdemeanor pot charge from ~10 years ago and the lawyer was like;

i can get you probation for this, but for this much more im 95% sure i can get you off

i dunno about happiness but you can sure buy anything else with money. to think other wise is just ignorant.

Edited by coordi88

And yet others beleive that his celebrity is a detriment because the prosecution can get attention and glory from making an example out of celebs.

I don't have any court experience in the state this occured in. I will say that the deal would be within normal parameters in Colorado for a first time offender and that the timeline raises no eyebrows either.

And yet others beleive that his celebrity is a detriment because the prosecution can get attention and glory from making an example out of celebs.

I don't have any court experience in the state this occured in. I will say that the deal would be within normal parameters in Colorado for a first time offender and that the timeline raises no eyebrows either.

Under normal circumstances and given your depth of expertise and experience in matters of this nature, this would be the final word on the subject.

QUOTE (caddyman @ 2/23/12 1:55pm)

If you say so, I have no personal experience with criminal trials. But I guess I presume that when you are charged with a crime and have to appear in court that "I have to work and cannot be there" isn't as good an excuse for your average joe as say it is for a big money celebrirty, athlete etc.

If you think people with money and power, who can afford the best attorneys don't get breaks that others get, you are delusional.

Steve, since you have no personal experience with criminal trials , you should not call anyone delusional in a discussion involving one. I usually think you have/make good points, but are dead wrong on this one. My younger brother got a DWI , and did not get convicted for many months later. I also am an insurance agent in NY and believe me I see peoples driving records on a daily basis, and you will almost never see a conviction for DWI/DUI any less then 6 mos from the actual occurance(unless it is not the first one) and believe me when I tell you these people have no money. So while I agree with your assumption that the rich gat all the breaks, this is not the example to use to prove your point.

Steve, since you have no personal experience with criminal trials , you should not call anyone delusional in a discussion involving one. I usually think you have/make good points, but are dead wrong on this one. My younger brother got a DWI , and did not get convicted for many months later. I also am an insurance agent in NY and believe me I see peoples driving records on a daily basis, and you will almost never see a conviction for DWI/DUI any less then 6 mos from the actual occurance(unless it is not the first one) and believe me when I tell you these people have no money. So while I agree with your assumption that the rich gat all the breaks, this is not the example to use to prove your point.

Fair enough, but I still stand by the belief that people of celebrity status with money get more than breaks than the average joe. I didn't realize that people charged with DWI rarely have to go to trial for 6 months (your experience).

Fair enough, but I still stand by the belief that people of celebrity status with money get more than breaks than the average joe. I didn't realize that people charged with DWI rarely have to go to trial for 6 months (your experience).

Dude...no one is saying that celebrities don't get more breaks than the average joe. Geez. Many people are just trying to explain to you that this situation is the same as many others. For some reason, you won't accept real life examples that point out this may not be a situation where because he was famous he caught a break. Yes, if you are the average Joe, the odds are against you. We all get that. Yes, the famous and the successful get more breaks. So what. That's life. Get over it...or do something about it.

Dude...no one is saying that celebrities don't get more breaks than the average joe. Geez. Many people are just trying to explain to you that this situation is the same as many others. For some reason, you won't accept real life examples that point out this may not be a situation where because he was famous he caught a break. Yes, if you are the average Joe, the odds are against you. We all get that. Yes, the famous and the successful get more breaks. So what. That's life. Get over it...or do something about it.

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I accept that according to people here with more experience that the average DUI arrest doesn't see court for 6 months.

Your prior post and some others on the topic implied that celebrities don't get special treatment, or may actually get harsher treatment.

Its no jealousy or hatred of the rich, just the reality that money, power and fame have their benefits. And one of them is special treatment in SOME court cases.

I'm over it DUDE :wacko: