[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson

Savage Beatings

If jackson leaves, does Brown become the #1 WR? I don't have alot of faith in Floyd to physically handle that job.

If jackson leaves, does Brown become the #1 WR? I don't have alot of faith in Floyd to physically handle that job.

Brown would be the favorite to start opposite Floyd, but I'm pretty sure if we lose Jackson A.J. will bring in a free-agent WR (or two) to spur competition at that position.

Brown would be the favorite to start opposite Floyd, but I'm pretty sure if we lose Jackson A.J. will bring in a free-agent WR (or two) to spur competition at that position.

You give AJ too much credit. Like signing a loser, broken, injury riddles DB last year. yeah....thats AJ at his finest.

AJ thinks hes too smart and he does it his own way. I could see him signing Meachem as a more affordable option. Instead he should not let all the best players on his team walk away year after year. I think V Jax will end up in Chicago or Washington.

most of the nfl teams could be a contender in the afc west. he has squandered great opportunities. he is great at evaluating talent in the draft, but terrible in identifying the important pieces of his team that he should keep.

The AJ Smith hate is always funny to me. Is he the best GM? No, is he the worst? Hell no. San Diego is a contender for the west year in and year out.

Good god you obviously don't follow the Chargers. And the AJ Smith hate is real...you know how he got the job right? His status as a Buffalo guru is also overblown. Dude is a overhyped blowhard that has a power trip. I'll trade you AJ Smith for a $1

Edited by tazinib1

I know the Redskins need a stud WR really bad but I hope its not VJax. I don't like him. I know he can go off aat times but he also disappears as well. Not saying 29 is old but I would rather have younger guys. I also remember a long suspension a few years ago.

I know the Redskins need a stud WR really bad but I hope its not VJax. I don't like him. I know he can go off aat times but he also disappears as well. Not saying 29 is old but I would rather have younger guys. I also remember a long suspension a few years ago.

When does he disappear?

Good god you obviously don't follow the Chargers. And the AJ Smith hate is real...you know how he got the job right? His status as a Buffalo guru is also overblown. Dude is a overhyped blowhard that has a power trip. I'll trade you AJ Smith for a $1

I can't believe Eli didn't want to play for him.

;)

I agree that he goes to WAS.

Edited by BeeR

Well he is a guy that had only 60 receptions with 1,106yds. Not bad if you ask me. Imagine 20 more receptions? yeah....stud

Well if he goes to WASH maybe I will grow to like him. I could be giving him a bad rap but just seems like he is a headcase to me. I could be wrong.

The AJ Smith hate is always funny to me. Is he the best GM? No, is he the worst? Hell no. San Diego is a contender for the west year in and year out.

I totally agree!

This is the guy they call The Lord of No (Superbowl) Rings, right?

I'd let VJax walk, he's an overpaid deap threat. He burns bad secondaries and gets shut down by good ones. And considering the Chargers oline can't give Rivers the time to throw deep, might as well put that money elsewhere, like their average at best defense.

Well he is a guy that had only 60 receptions with 1,106yds. Not bad if you ask me. Imagine 20 more receptions? yeah....stud

The point is you can't imagine. You're talking about just handing a guy a 33% boost in performance. Imagining anyone with X more touches changes their classification. Antonio Brown with 20 more catches is a #1 WR. AJ Green with 20 more catches make him a top 5 candidate. Laurent Robinson would have finished as the #2 WR in PPG if you extrapolate his numbers over 20 more catches. But he didn't get those extra 20 catches and that's because he doesn't run good enough routes or have Rivers' trust enough to try to squeeze it into smaller windows.

Sure he did nicely with those 60 catches, but if you measure a pure Fantasy Points Per Reception then Eric Decker, Laurent Robinson, Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd, and Robert Meachem (I can continue) all put up very similar performances - none of those guys can legitimately be called Stud yet.

He's a nice #2 and I agree with you that anyone overdrafting him can only blame themselves but he can't be put into the Fitz/Calvin/Jennings category, not by a mile.

About every other week according to his stats. His best year was 2009 with 68 rec / 1167 yds / 9 tds.

Other than that, he's averaged 1,1k yards and 8.5 TD's since 2008.

Well there you go.

Per a league source via CBS, he's on his way to being a Buc:

Report: Bucs to land Jackson

Vincent Jackson, WR SD

News: The Chicago Sun-Times reports that the Bears, Bucs and Redskins are thought to be the most aggressive bidders for two-time Pro Bowl receiver Vincent Jackson. But according to a league source, the Bucs have the inside track to land Jackson, with the Bears among the serious suitors who might come up short.

Analysis: The Bears and Redskins will certainly present great offers to Jackson, and he could also return to the Chargers. Of the four teams in the mix, we'd rank them this way based on the best scenario for his Fantasy value: San Diego, Chicago, Washington and Tampa Bay with the quarterback situation the biggest factor.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Jackson's biggest problem is his catch rate. Some of that could be due to his QB and route tree. In the San Diego system his best target year was around 115. That is not a huge number so I can see why the Chargers do not want to overpay to keep him.

Edited by Ice1

The point is you can't imagine. You're talking about just handing a guy a 33% boost in performance. Imagining anyone with X more touches changes their classification. Antonio Brown with 20 more catches is a #1 WR. AJ Green with 20 more catches make him a top 5 candidate. Laurent Robinson would have finished as the #2 WR in PPG if you extrapolate his numbers over 20 more catches. But he didn't get those extra 20 catches and that's because he doesn't run good enough routes or have Rivers' trust enough to try to squeeze it into smaller windows.

Sure he did nicely with those 60 catches, but if you measure a pure Fantasy Points Per Reception then Eric Decker, Laurent Robinson, Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd, and Robert Meachem (I can continue) all put up very similar performances - none of those guys can legitimately be called Stud yet.

He's a nice #2 and I agree with you that anyone overdrafting him can only blame themselves but he can't be put into the Fitz/Calvin/Jennings category, not by a mile.

Not to mention that if you add another 20 recs to VJax total his 18.4 ypc number would surely go down, as he'd have to run more short and intermediate routes to get those extra 20 recs.