[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning to be released

DawgTalk

I never thought I'd see the day when Peyton would be wearing a different uniform. Boy, nothing lasts forever. :kicksrock:

:kicksrock:

Wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Luck has everything to do with it... I honestly think Manning will return and we will see him break the record for most comebacks in the 4th Q or OT. He will hand pick who he wants to play for and will play very well. Half the battle of a QB is football IQ, and he has all of that still. From a fantasy perspective, I will imagine a full 16 game top five QB performance.

Per my twitter. I really do think Manning will find a home in Arizona. Him and Whisenhunt are good friends and golf buddies. I rule out Miami b/c of the tough division and the cold outdoor games- via road games vs opponent foes. Manning and Wayne both will sign with Arizona as a package deal. Instant playoff team.

Per my twitter. I really do think Manning will find a home in Arizona. Him and Whisenhunt are good friends and golf buddies. I rule out Miami b/c of the tough division and the cold outdoor games- via road games vs opponent foes. Manning and Wayne both will sign with Arizona as a package deal. Instant playoff team.

I've felt since the beginning this made the most sense.

I am so sad. What Peyton has meant for this team, this city, and football in Indiana cannot be overstated. He not only erased images of the Colts as NFL laughingstocks, but was the reason they were playoff contenders. Not only did he bring two Super Bowls, he brought an NFL championship to Indianapolis. He built a new stadium, not by hand, but by being one of the hardest workers the NFL has ever seen. He is the reason there was a Super Bowl in Indianapolis in February. My only regret is that he left me wanting more. More playoff victories. More Super Bowl appearances. Whether the team that was built around him was to blame, or it was his tendency to come up short in the playoffs, that will be debated for many years after he is gone. I am sick to my stomach that the last image of him in a Colts uniform is walking off the field after losing to the Jets on a last second FG after dipCHIPS AHOY! Caldwell's timeout. I never thought Manning would wear another uniform. We have been spoiled for 13 years. And although I completely agree in my head that this is the right decision for the future of this franchise, it breaks my heart. Good luck Peyton. I will root for you wherever you land (unless its the Patriots), and I will root for you no matter what (unless you are playing the Colts). Good luck. And thank you so much.

Edited by CaptainHook

so if the Colts had won a couple more games and are drafting 3rd instead, he doesn't get cut right?

That's a very good question. But I think you're right. His contract would still have had to be reworked, but I think he still would be a Colt.

They say every Manning can be replaced

They say every distance is not near

So I remember every face

Of every man who put me here.

I see my light come shining

From the west unto the east

Any day now, any day now,

I shall be released.

They say every Manning needs protection

They say every Manning must fall

So I swear I see my reflection

Someplace so high above Colts football.

from the west unto the east

I shall be released.

Standing next to me in this lonely crowd

Is a Manning who swears he's not to blame

All day long I hear Irsay shout so loud

Tweeting out that he was framed.

from the west unto the east

I shall be released.

I kind of get the feeling that irsay has some sort of romantic feeling of "fate" toward luck....like he's the best QB prospect since peyton, and here is is dropped in their lap....and the whole "Luck"/horseshoe thing. he just strikes me as the kind of airhead who would read something into that, "gotta do it, it was meant to be".

I still say they'd have been better off selling this pick for a massive ransom and using it to quickly rebuild for another 3 year window around manning. time will tell though.

I've felt since the beginning this made the most sense.

I've been saying this since the beginning (made a post about it) and have gotten a lot of resistance. The only thing that stands in the way of Manning to the Cardinals are #1 - the Houston Texans - depends on how strong of players they want to be (he'll have the chance to keep the Colts out of the playoff's for the next few years - continuing to stick it to Irsay), and #2 - the Cardinal's lack of a quality left tackle. Manning will now more than ever need to rely heavily on some big ole fat body protecting his blind side.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I've been saying this since the beginning (made a post about it) and have gotten a lot of resistance. The only thing that stands in the way of Manning to the Cardinals are #1 - the Houston Texans - depends on how strong of players they want to be (he'll have the chance to keep the Colts out of the playoff's for the next few years - continuing to stick it to Irsay), and #2 - the Cardinal's lack of a quality left tackle. Manning will now more than ever need to rely heavily on some big ole fat body protecting his blind side.

Texans like Schaub. Recovery appears to be on track. Highly unlikely they go after Manning with his own health concerns.

I've been saying this since the beginning (made a post about it) and have gotten a lot of resistance.

I'm not sure who is giving you a lot of resistance about Manning landing in Arizona as its been the favorite media speculation since day one. I hope for your sake he ends up there though as you've probably made a few dozen posts reiterating the same thing. :lol: