[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The gutting of the Colts continues . . .

CaptainHook

Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, and Curtis Painter were all released today. The only one that surprises me was Dallas Clark. Reportedly, Dwight Freeney is being shopped via trade . . .

Holy crap.

They cut Painter??? :o

OK I give up, wth on Clark - yeah he's getting a little long in the tooth and was dinged up last year but would he have been that expensive to keep? And weren't they releasing Manning so they could re-sign these other guys? Who the hell will Luck throw to now, the peanut vendor?

Why resign Mathis then?? If you cut everyone else - why'd you keep him...????

Becasue Mathis can play the game.

The players they released are certainly replaceable at this point. Clark is one dimensional at 250 Lbs and will be 33 in the next few months. Brackett will be 32 in May and hasn't done anything since 2009, Addai has limited ability, will be 29 in May and hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2007. Anyone that saw Painter doesn't even have to ask. Melvin Bullitt started 26 games in 5 seasons. He is certainly not a game changer.

No way anone should fault them for these cuts. It is time as they are dead weight.

Edited by Ice1

Addai, Brackett, and Bullitt have proven they cannot stay healthy the last two years. Donald Brown out-performed Joseph Addai. Pat Angerer out-performed Gary Brackett. Curtis Painter sucks donkey balls. No major losses there. Waiving Clark just floors me. Who the hell is Luck gonna throw to? Wayne, Garcon, Tamme, and Gonzalez are free agents. Collie is the only receiver left! They must be planning on getting Garcon back . . . right???

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm all for rebuilding and starting from scratch. I'm old enough to remember the Colts pre-Manning (even several years before Harbaugh) when their playmakers were Jeff George, Eric Dickerson, Billy Brooks, and..... DEAN BIASUCCI! Back in the day, Bob and Tom had a song (to the tune of "Give us 3 steps") that went like: "Give us 3 points, give us 3 points Dean - cause we ain't gonna get no more!"

I don't want to see the Colts once again be the doormat year after year and be a 2nd bye week for other teams.. Hopefully this time around Grigson can work his unproven magic and get Luck some pieces early on to start to build a rapport with (a la Andy Dalton & AJ Green). Ugh.. Not looking forward to sitting though 2 or 3 rebuilding years..

Reportedly, Dwight Freeney is being shopped via trade . . .

They need the $19m salary cap room he'll cost. With dropping and releasing just about everyone who earns something, how messed up is the teams contract situation...

Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, and Curtis Painter were all released today. The only one that surprises me was Dallas Clark. Reportedly, Dwight Freeney is being shopped via trade . . .

Wow! Talk about cleaning house.

0-16?

I thought one of the rules in the new collective bargaining agreement was that a team must use a minimum % of their cap space each year? In other words, they can't just dump players to save a bunch of cap space for future years. They will have to pay salaries regardless. Am I wrong here?

They're also going to have insane amounts of cheap tickets in 2012!

I took my middle son last year to the last home game. We paid I think $15 for each of the tickets. I think $15 will buy a season pass this year.

They're also going to have insane amounts of cheap tickets in 2012!

Do you think Indy fans are that fair weather? They released a bunch of older players that helped them obtain the number 1 pick in the draft. Obviously Manning is a short term loss but once they made thier choice, releaseing a bunch of over the hill players makes sense to me.

They will get better, younger players than what they let go in the draft and FA.

No doubt they are rebuilding but I would think the fans would still support them in the process. The team definately got old all at once but they should be interesting to still watch with a young QB.

Do you think Indy fans are that fair weather? They released a bunch of older players that helped them obtain the number 1 pick in the draft. Obviously Manning is a short term loss but once they made thier choice, releaseing a bunch of over the hill players makes sense to me.

They will get better, younger players than what they let go in the draft and FA.

No doubt they are rebuilding but I would think the fans would still support them in the process. The team definately got old all at once but they should be interesting to still watch with a young QB.

I dont know the colts cap situation, but not sure it was necessary to cut all those vets to pay Luck especially with new rookie pay.