[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins/Rams deal for 1.2

keggerz

It's a hell of a lot for the Redskins to give up, but I think we can all agree the Redskins are desperate for a franchise qb. If they hadn't stepped up with this offer, the Browns probably would have pulled off a trade for the pick.

And the Rams made out like bandits.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

It's a lot to pay, but not really that surprising, IMO. San Diego paid nearly that much to move up ONE spot in 1998, to draft Ryan Leaf. If I'm not mistaken, the Chargers gave up the first pick in the 2nd round (#33 overall), their 1999 1st rounder (which was a top-ten pick), and a pro-bowl return guy in Eric Metcalf... just to move up from #3 to #2. So, depending on what you consider Metcalf's value to have been (he was on the backside of his career at that point, so I understand he was probably worth less than a future 1st), they are very similar trades, actually.

No matter what RG3 does, he can't be any worse than Leaf. But, yeah, great deal for the Rams, for sure.

The Rams, assuming they're 100% sold on Bradford, gain a CHIPS AHOY!l0ad (in terms of picks), and essentially give up nothing.

Meanwhile, the Vikings are wishing they had not beaten Washington, in Week 16, last season.

Wow. Shanahan has not been very good at developing young QBs since he's become a HC, and he's certainly misjudged more than his share of QBs he's drafted in that time.

strange criticism. I can think of cutler and griese. cutler was a first rounder who shanahan was developing nicely, he was a pro-bowl QB their last season together. griese was a third rounder who never really set the world on fire, but he was serviceable for a number of years -- a better career than most 3rd round QBs for sure. who else am I missing? beck, who he pulled off the scrap heap? and then of course there's that guy who wore #7 who he had a pretty major hand in developing.

strange criticism. I can think of cutler and griese. cutler was a first rounder who shanahan was developing nicely, he was a pro-bowl QB their last season together. griese was a third rounder who never really set the world on fire, but he was serviceable for a number of years -- a better career than most 3rd round QBs for sure. who else am I missing? beck, who he pulled off the scrap heap? and then of course there's that guy who wore #7 who he had a pretty major hand in developing.

Was jake Plummer under shanny?

Cutler was arguably the only exception, and there are some who would say the jury is still out on him (I would not number myself among that group). Not sure how anyone would consider Griese a long term solution as a NFL QB. Shanahan wasn't a HC when he had his role in Elway's development. Do you consider Beck starting material as a QB? And this is a track record over 18 seasons as a HC

So where does the strange part fit in?

Edited by Bronco Billy