[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins/Rams deal for 1.2

keggerz

I first heard about this trade while listening to the radio. It was announced that the Rams gave up their pick and would receive the Redskins first and second round draft picks this year. I thought to myself, "meh, I had hoped they might have been able to do better." Then the announcer continued with "The Rams will also get the Redskins first round pick in 2013 and 2014. The deal cannot be officially announced until tomorrow." And I thought to myself that tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.

So, for the Rams their infusion of talent this year will be #6, #34 & #38, the remainder of the draft where they pick early each round, and a return to health from a pretty serious rash of injuries.

With their division having grown stronger last year this will not be enough to get to the playoffs this year. If they can set their sights squarely on 2 and more years out and stick to a plan they are certainly headed in the right direction. That may mean, however, looking toward the veteran side of their roster, thinking about who will not be around in 2 years or more, and getting value for them now. Does this mean Jackson gets offered up to a R.B. needy superbowl contender like say the Patriots for some future consideration. I know if I were the Rams GM I would think about that. What about moving him to the Jets? The consideration need not be this year. I would even think about splitting the consideration between 2013 & 2014.

if I were them I'd consider using some of those future-firsts to move back into this draft. future picks are a luxury item, something strong teams use to stay strong and leverage a yearly low draft slot into players they want to target. rams seem to be desperate for talent everywhere, so I'm thinking they want to cash whatever draft assets they have sooner rather than later. they did a great job so far, turning their good fortune sitting on this year's 2 pick into a nice haul. now let's see what they can do with it.

The quoted post clearly demonstrates why drugs are not legal.

I am taking a break off my pipe to respond. I was saying that if RGiii goes to Wash. he could very well end up being a bust like Schuler was.Granted we are talking about 2 different coaches. As stated earlier Shanny is not known for developing QB's. I hope I have done my part for the legalization of drugs.

I am taking a break off my pipe to respond. I was saying that if RGiii goes to Wash. he could very well end up being a bust like Schuler was.Granted we are talking about 2 different coaches. As stated earlier Shanny is not known for developing QB's. I hope I have done my part for the legalization of drugs.

I thought he did rather well with Cutler, no? How many other QBs did he groom and fail on?

Interesting that Cutler got mentioned here because he came up in discussion about this trade with me and my friends but for another reason entirely. That, Washington paid far more for a QB who's never played a snap and not named Luck than Chicago paid for a kid who had already shown he can compete at this level. it amazes me how much these guys get fired up over potential.

And, listen, I actually am reasonably high in RGIII. IMO, I think he's going to be good. But I also know that doesn't mean dick until he's played a snap. He's still an absolute question mark until he gets out on the field with pro players and makes it happen.

It seems like the teams who draft well do so because they attack with numbers. They get more picks, so they get more chances. You don't hear about the swings and misses because it doesn't matter so much when he's one of the 4 guys you got to take in the 1st two rounds.

As a Niners fan, I am not at all happy that the Rams are going to get two extra players, likely in the first half of the 1st round, in the next two seasons.

He's gonna be there best QB in 20 years. Not sure if you can dismiss that. High price? Sure...I won't debate that. But lets not forget they desperately need tackles for pass protection. The guys they have in there now are nose breathers designed for the running game and couldn't pass block if their lives depended on it.

Um, actually, pretty easily. Watch:

How the hell do you know?

There you go.

Interesting that Cutler got mentioned here because he came up in discussion about this trade with me and my friends but for another reason entirely. That, Washington paid far more for a QB who's never played a snap and not named Luck than Chicago paid for a kid who had already shown he can compete at this level. it amazes me how much these guys get fired up over potential.

Good points here.

• 2 weeks later...