[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry, J-E-T-S fans

Bronco Billy

Per Rotoworld:

Jets signed QB Mark Sanchez to three-year, $40.5 million extension through 2016.

It's an apology extension. The Jets put out feelers for Peyton Manning, and they were quickly rebuffed. This is Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson's way of saying sorry. On the bright side, the extension should lower Sanchez's salary cap number in 2012, giving the Jets room to operate in free agency. The downside is much worse, of course, especially if Sanchez continues his regression. At the very best, he's plateaued since entering the league. The extension will make the Jets a much less enticing landing spot for free agent quarterbacks that want a legitimate chance to start. Sanchez won't be "competing" for his job anymore.

Looks like the Jets still aren't willing to admit that Sanchez is not a guy who can take this team to its ultimate goal of winning a SB. Instead, they stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that Sanchez' obvious shortcomings could very well be the difference between them and a trip to the SB. Now Jets' fans are stuck with him for another 3 years, which means they'll likely languish behind the Pats again, and maybe behind what appears to be aggressive ownership in MIA, and have to be satisfied with playing second fiddle in an AFC that is just begging for a dominant team to emerge.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I actually don't think the problem is with his charisma or leadership abilities or even running abilities. The problem is his decision making primarily. Giving him an extension blows my mind. His play doesn't merit it. God, The Jest are a mess. Yes, I said The Jest, bc they can't be serious, can they?

And what does it say about Peyton Manning when the Jets' official statement is that they took a look at Manning and decided they were better off with Sanchez?

I think it says they made their pitch to Manning, got turned down flat because he is far to smart to join that circus, and they are trying to put the best face on things now having been turned down.

It's like getting turned down by the hot chick and then declaring that you knew all along she was a bitch that you would have nothing to do with.

I think it says they made their pitch to Manning, got turned down flat because he is far to smart to join that circus, and they are trying to put the best face on things now having been turned down.

It's like getting turned down by the hot chick and then declaring that you knew all along she was a bitch that you would have nothing to do with.

That doesn't preclude that she very well could be a bitch.

While it would have been fantastic grist for the mill, I don't know why anyone ever really thought Peyton Manning would have wanted to come to NY anyhow. It's in no way, shape or form a fit for him. And it's bad for the Manning brand to have them both in one metro area.

I don't hate or dislike Sanchez, but evertime I see him play, I just get a feeling that he shouldn't be a quarterback in the NFL. If The Jets gets to the SB with Sanchez, then maybe Motormouth is the best coach in the league after all.

Sanchez put up 32 tds in his third year, with maybe the worst oc in recent memory. He most certainly does not suck. He's 25, and has flashed.

At first I thought you must have meant 23 TDs but you're right. Shockingly, he actually did have 32 total TDs (26 pass 6 rushing). Wow, I'm still shocked he put up that many TDs this season. It's not easy to have 30+ total TDs in a season.

At first I thought you must have meant 23 TDs but you're right. Shockingly, he actually did have 32 total TDs (26 pass 6 rushing). Wow, I'm still shocked he put up that many TDs this season. It's not easy to have 30+ total TDs in a season.

He also had 26 turnovers.

He also had 26 turnovers.

And he's 25 years old, on a team with a horrible OC, terrible WR's, and an average running game. I'm not saying he's elite, but he's far from garbage. The hate on this guy is blind. I don't get how Sanchez is viewed as horrible, but everyone considers Matt Ryan a great up and coming QB... Even though he's done less with a far better offense.

And he's 25 years old, on a team with a horrible OC, terrible WR's, and an average running game. I'm not saying he's elite, but he's far from garbage. The hate on this guy is blind. I don't get how Sanchez is viewed as horrible, but everyone considers Matt Ryan a great up and coming QB... Even though he's done less with a far better offense.

they both suck...but Ryan sucks a little less. 95 tds t0 46 INT vs 54 TDS to 51 INT...Sanchez is definitely the worse QB. Ryan is surely overrated.

Horrible OC? Thats funny...considering he was forced to turn the playbook into a pass happy offense because of Sanchez. How horrible was he when they were a run dominant team when Mr.High Ole Mighty was the QB?

Yeah....same OC. Was he horrible then?

Face it, Sanchez is not a good QB. Hell I'd take Tebow over Sanchez.