[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall to the Bears

tazinib1

Agreed on both!

As a Bear fan, however, I do think this is a good move for the Bears. Obviously Marshall's best years were with Cutler and both players are just hitting their prime :tup:

Oh, I'm sure you're excited. You should be, you've finally got a real receiver to pair with Cutler. Honestly, I could see him blowing up for 1300-10 Tds or having a total meltdown and fracturing the team. I think it'll either work out great or be a disaster. The NFC North has become potentially the best division in the NFL.

Oh, I'm sure you're excited. You should be, you've finally got a real receiver to pair with Cutler. Honestly, I could see him blowing up for 1300-10 Tds or having a total meltdown and fracturing the team. I think it'll either work out great or be a disaster. The NFC North has become potentially the best division in the NFL.

This is pretty much how i see it, and i'm still uneasy about why the Bears got Marshall for so cheap, but I'm hoping for the best.

This is not a shot, but a question... How do you feel about the O Line?

Utter chit. However you can fix it in a few ways and having a WR threat is one of those ways. They do now, however, need to use those first two picks on OL no queston.

And I really hope Johnny Knox is ok, but am dubious on that one.

Brandon Marshall is not Calvin Johnson.

He doesn't need to be, PON...3 100 catch seasons against better divisional defenses than he will face now, two of those seasons with Cutler. He's guaranteed 100 catches right off the bat. 20 more catches against those defenses is not out of the question. Chicago has a better threat out of the backfield in Forte than he had in Denver also.

Call me crazy, but I see Marshall an early pick for top 7 WR. The drops, more than his antics, are the one thing that can keep him out of that lofty ranking.

Edited by The Wolf

This is not a shot, but a question... How do you feel about the O Line?

I think it could obviously get better but I'm a believer in Tice - at least as an O-line coach. Carimi will be back healthy this year and we should now focus on nothing but O-line and defense in the draft. I'm hoping we use our 1st round on a lineman.

Call me crazy, but I see Marshall an early pick for top 7 WR. The drops, more than his antics, are the one thing that can keep him out of that lofty ranking.

Crazy.

Calvin, Welker, Harvin, Fitzgerald, Nicks, Jennings, Roddy, Andre Johnson, Britt, AJ, Julio...

In reality, saying he's a top 7 isn't a reach as he was 10 in ppr scoring systems. I've never been a Marshall fan, but his talent is undeniable.

I heard that Miami is no longer in the running for Matt Flynn (this reported from Denver sports radio, on Boston sports radio), that would bolster the Manning talk I would think.

I've heard the opposite and that they are indeed pursuing Flynn and will soon present a contract offer.

In a Mike Tice offense? No chance.

I love it when you talk without thinking: the Vikes averaged 4th-5th in passing for the first four (out of five) years he was HC.

So clearly, passing is a second thought with him, and Marshall is merely in the pack with Hester, Knox and Bennett and won't be their standout. :lol:

Well, it is a good deal for the Bears, but marshall to me has always been a possesion type WR who scores 4-6 times a year. In six seasons he averages about 6 TDs per year. He has only gotten to double digits once (10) and his next high is 7. 90 catches is the floor for him, but if you need TDs, Marshall is a #3 WR at best. I would never target him in the first couple of rounds.