[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meanwhile....back in San Diego

tazinib1

AJ Smith continues to sit on his fat ass and do absolutely NOTHING. Oh wait...we've been doing alot...like CUTTING players and letting core skill players walk. You paying attention to your so called "GURU" Mr. Spanos? Huh???? Are you paying ATTENTION!!!!!!

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Edited by tazinib1

Well somone has to catch the ball so here's hoping my dynasty WR Vincent Brown steps into that role.

Chargers sign versatile OLB Jarrett Johnson to a 4yr deal. Not highly touted as a pass rusher, his force defense is tops in the league. I just hope they can still re-sign Antwan Barnes as they desperately need a pass rush.

Hard to feel bad for a cry baby like Rivers :rolleyes:

My teamname with him on it last year: Cry me a River(s)

Is Phillip RIvers a cry baby? I remember him playing with a completely busted knee in the playoffs after LT quit on the team, and he didn't complain once last season.

I have never thought of him as a cry baby. What am I missing?

He is a redneck though

Getting back on topic....

I think A.J. has made some good moves in free agency that filled definite needs. Robert Meachem was just the start. He resigned a very good center in Nick Hardwick and signed Jared Gaither to secure the left tackle position. Brandyn Dombrowski was also tendered which will likely have him returning at the tackle position. Smith signed fullback Le'Ron McClain, OLB Jarret Johnson, and back-up TE Kory Sperry.

He knows he's on the hot seat, so he's been doing his homework. Give him some credit.

He knows he's on the hot seat, so he's been doing his homework. Give him some credit.

Do I HAVE to?

Ok I'll be honest....he's done a lot more than I expected and I'm pleased with the signings. If Le'Ron McCoy can get back to being the dominant run blocking FB he was in Baltimore, then it paves the way for Mathews. We'll see how Meachem pans out in the vertical game. Love the Jarrett Johnson signing...finally a run stuffing OLB...we just need to re-sign our pass rusher Antwan Barnes 'cause JJ severly lacks in that department.

I still think we need to add to our WR core. There are a couple cheap WR's out there that would be nice signings.

Edited by tazinib1

Love it..we finally got a punt returner and he'll add some depth to the slot position.

Royal ran a punt back for a TD against the Bolts two years ago. I hated him then....love him now.

Royal ran a punt back for a TD against the Bolts two years ago. I hated him then....love him now.

I remember that. We now have 2 great return men in Goodman (KR 27.5 avg) and Royal (PR 15.7 avg). Special teams has been our Achilles heal for a couple years now.

Rivers insists that with a full offseason, Vincent Brown is going to please a lot of Charger Fans!

Just changing the DC and getting JJ should help big time on the D.

Without VJax and a crippled Gates, Rivers still led the #1 O two years ago. The key is keeping Rivers clean and giving him time.

I'm pretty excited so far!

Rivers insists that with a full offseason, Vincent Brown is going to please a lot of Charger Fans!

Without VJax and a crippled Gates, Rivers still led the #1 O two years ago. The key is keeping Rivers clean and giving him time.

All this is good but where is our safety? This is a VERY glaring need. Rodney Harrison was our last one really.

As a Rivers (and V Brown) owner I sure hope so. He was a major disappointment last year, but I don't think it was all on him or a sign that he cannot produce at a high level.

As a Rivers (and V Brown) owner I sure hope so. He was a major disappointment last year, but I don't think it was all on him or a sign that he cannot produce at a high level.

When quarterback Philip Rivers evaluates the 2012 corps, he said one aspect is overlooked.

"Vincent Brown is going to be a big part of this thing, too," Rivers said this week. "He's not so much in the news right now because he's already here. That's what's so funny. You always get excited about the new guys you sign. But we've got guys who are here who are going to be good, too.

"I think Vincent Brown, with an offseason, unlike last year, is going to be big ... We're going to have a good group out there at wide receiver."

I am having trouble with the new look site and using my kid's iPad. The above was from the San Diego Union.

All this is good but where is our safety? This is a VERY glaring need. Rodney Harrison was our last one really.

Is there a chance they move Jammer to safety and go with the three kids at db? I still think the biggest problem is pass rush.

What has killed the Chargers for three years in a row are injuries. There have been changes on the training staff to see if this helps as this problem has been sighted by sources outside of the organization as a significant issue, way beyond the norm over this time frame.