[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Wayne re-signs with the Colts

tazinib1

So if all this talk is out there about Manning and Wayne are a package deal, does that mean Indy of all the places is the darkhorse and swoops in and brings Manning back in a "Just Kidding" move and resigns him????

... I know, wishful thinking!

already been slowing down and now a rook to throw it to him...meh

Wayne was still a low end #2 - high end #3 last year with Father Time and Sir Lance A Lot throwing to him. The rookie to old man premise is precisely what played out in a plethora of value for Steve Smith owners last year. Not that 80/1400/6 is realistic, but I see a ton of targets for Wayne coming from a guy who is supposed to be one of the most NFL ready rookie QBs in recent history. Top 15-20 performance for old man Wayne is in the realm of probability when other owners are drafting breakout guys with a higher ceiling. Granted, Smith isn't your run to the mill aging veteran and Newton had a historic rookie season. I still wonder what kind of career numbers Smith could have ended up with if a good 3 seasons of his prime career weren't hampered by horrendous QB play.

Kinda throws a wrench in the whole Manning/Wayne dual signing. Seeing how Miami has the worst WR core of any team in the Manning sweepstakes, Reggie not being in the mix kind of takes them out of the picture IMO.

+1

As a wayne owner...I am very saddened by this news....time to try to trade em. Probably be useless for the remainder of his useful career. lol

That was probably true no matter where he signed. Well "useless" might be a little harsh but his big stat days are long gone. Also glad Luck at least has 2 legit WRs now, though they have zero depth.

Still, that 2d round pick better be OL unless the gap in talent between that and another position is huge IMO.

Edited by BeeR

They're still not exactly swimming in talent. Luck will have his share of "wolves." But it's early - I wonder how this new GM views FAs, generally? Polian was notorious for avoiding it for the most part.

Free Agents were released by their former teams for a reason... Edited by Shorttynaz