[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddle Mock NFL Draft...

irish

I know that DMD usually runs a draft contest for everyone to attempt guessing who the Top 10 or 15 picks in NFL Draft will be. However, for the past 3-4 years I've run a Mock Draft just for fun since this is a quiet time around the boards. We usually get at least 1 Huddler and sometimes a few Huddlers to draft for each of their respective teams and mock draft up to 2-3 rounds prior to the real draft beginning. I'd be happy to get at least 1 person for each team but if a group of Huddlers worked to draft for a specific team, they could discuss each pick (be it through PM or in the live chat room here-like the war room) just as real NFL teams would do in order to make their pick/s. No limit to the amount of Huddlers for each team and if we have trouble filling any team I know other Huddlers will volunteer to fill in or I could always make the pick for any unassigned team/s as a last resort.

Once we get at least 1 Huddle representative for each team I'll start 2 separate threads- 1 for the selections only and another for commentary.

Let's fill this up and get started. Step up and draft for your favorite squad.

Round 1

1. Indianapolis - CaptainHook
  2. Washington - from St. Louis - WashD
  3. Minnesota - CaP'N GRuNGe
  4. Cleveland - flemingd
  5. Tampa Bay - Jolly Rodgers
  6. St. Louis - from Washington - BeeR
  7. Jacksonville - Wpob
  8. Miami - bpWallace49
  9. Carolina - electricrelish
  10. Buffalo - Satelliteoflovegm
  11. Kansas City - BeeR
  12. Seattle - ajh2
  13. Arizona - Shorttynaz
  14. Dallas - Irish, ajh2
  15. Philadelphia - Zooty
  16. New York Jets - infinity
  17. Cincinnati - from Oakland - mattk53
  18. San Diego - Tazinib1
  19. Chicago - Wolverines Fan
  20. Tennessee - TitansFan
  21. Cincinnati - mattk53
  22. Cleveland - from Atlanta - flemingd
  23. Detroit - Wolverines Fan
  24. Pittsburgh - Irish
  25. Denver - Papajohn
  26. Houston - piratesownninjas
  27. New England - from New Orleans - Papajohn
  28. Green Bay - bpWallace49
  29. Baltimore - WashD
  30. San Francisco - inhiding
  31. New England - Papajohn
  32. New York Giants - RC94

Round 2

1. St. Louis - BeeR
  2. Indianapolis - CaptainHook
  4. Tampa Bay - Jolly Rodgers
  5. Cleveland - flemingd
  6. Jacksonville - Wpob
  7. St. Louis - from Washington - BeeR
  8. Carolina - electricrelish
  9. Buffalo - Satelliteoflovegm
  10. Miami - bpWallace49
  11. Seattle - ajh2
  12. Kansas City - BeeR
  13. Dallas - Irish, ajh2
  14. Philadelphia - Zooty
  15. New York Jets - infinity
  16. New England - from Oakland - Papajohn
  17. San Diego - Tazinib1
  18. Chicago - Wolverines Fan
  19. Philadelphia - from Arizona - Zooty
  21. Cincinnati - mattk53
  22. Detroit - Wolverines Fan
  23. Atlanta - Delusions of Granduer
  24. Pittsburgh - Irish
  25. Denver - Papajohn
  27. New Orleans - ajh2
  28. Green Bay - BpWallace49
  29. Baltimore - WashD

Round 3

1. Indianapolis - CaptainHook
  2. St. Louis - BeeR
  4. Cleveland - flemingd
  5. Tampa Bay - Jolly Rodgers
  6. Washington - WashD
  7. Jacksonville - Wpob
  8. Buffalo - Satelliteoflovegm
  9. Miami - bpWallace49
  10. Miami - from Chicago via Carolina - bpWallace49
  11. Kansas City - BeeR
  12. Seattle - ajh2
  13. Philadelphia - Zooty
  14. New York Jets - infinity
  15. Oakland
  16. San Diego - Tazinib1
  17. Chicago - Wolverines Fan
  18. Arizona - Shorttynaz
  19. Dallas - Irish, ajh2
  21. Cincinnati - mattk53
  22. Atlanta - Delusions of Granduer
  23. Detroit - Wolverines Fan
  24. Pittsburgh - Irish
  25. Denver - Papajohn
  27. New Orleans - ajh2
  28. Green Bay - BpWallace49
  29. Baltimore - WashD

Edited by irish

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added you guys above and myself for the Cowboys. As I've mentioned before, if anyone else wants to give their 2 cents for their homer team, they are welcome even if the team is spoken for. I've chatted with fellow Cowboy homers about our picks in past years.

Certainly a Colts fan, but for the sake of my hometown team (and the fact a bigger homer than me just picked our Colts), I'll take the Cardinals..

Just get it over with and admit it already.... your a bigger Cards fan than a colts :wink:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Just get it over with and admit it already.... your a bigger Cards fan than a colts :wink:

Dude, I was born and raised in Indiana. As my dad was born and raised in Chicago, I was actually brought up a Bears fan - until I went to my first game at the Hoosier dome when I was maybe 13 or 14 and saw Jeff George play. I then lost interest in the Bears and started willingly following the Colts. I moved here to AZ when I was 19 and while I've always been a Colts fan I started to follow the Cards. I watched the Jake Plummer experiment happen out here - then Jeff Blake, Shaun King, Josh McCown, the Warner. I watched this team grow. While they'll NEVER be my favorite team - even if Manning, Wayne, Clark, Addai - all of them - if they all came out here I'd certainly cheer for them, but the Colts would still be my favorite team - I'd cheer for the Colts if they made it to the SB against the Cardinals.

This room I'm sitting in in my house (office/man cave), I have 7 framed Colts pictures, 4 unframed posters, 2 blankets a road sign, a clock, 3 pennants and a flag - ALL Colts - ALL hanging on the walls. I have a Colts lamp, a bunch of figurines, a signed Peyton Manning Football in a display case, and a signed Peyton Manning helmet in a display case. And again in this room, I have a fire safe with over probably 200 graded Peyton Manning rookie cards I've collected over the years. I've had people come to my house for random stuff - carpet cleaning, cleaning crews, etc. I've had people ask me if I used to play for the Colts based on my size (I'm 6'5" 320lbs) and all the Colts stuff..

So - if you saw this room, you certainly would know the Colts ARE my favorite team. Not that this is the place for it - but why not.. A few years ago my wife bought an eliptical and hired someone to come to the house and put it together. This dude showed up, very polite and nice, started shooting the sh!t about football. I brought him back into this room to show him all my Colts stuff only to find out he's a Patriots fan. NO BS, this guy shook my hand and told me he's honored to meet someone so passionate about his favorite football team, but he declined to put the eliptical together - told me there's NO WAY he was going to help a Colts fan under any circumstances and he left!!!

Anyway - with that, I'll still draft for the Cardinals.. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

Dude, I was born and raised in Indiana. As my dad was born and raised in Chicago, I was actually brought up a Bears fan - until I went to my first game at the Hoosier dome when I was maybe 13 or 14 and saw Jeff George play. I then lost interest in the Bears and started willingly following the Colts. I moved here to AZ when I was 19 and while I've always been a Colts fan I started to follow the Cards. I watched the Jake Plummer experiment happen out here - then Jeff Blake, Shaun King, Josh McCown, the Warner. I watched this team grow. While they'll NEVER be my favorite team - even if Manning, Wayne, Clark, Addai - all of them - if they all came out here I'd certainly cheer for them, but the Colts would still be my favorite team - I'd cheer for the Colts if they made it to the SB against the Cardinals.

This room I'm sitting in in my house (office/man cave), I have 7 framed Colts pictures, 4 unframed posters, 2 blankets a road sign, a clock, 3 pennants and a flag - ALL Colts - ALL hanging on the walls. I have a Colts lamp, a bunch of figurines, a signed Peyton Manning Football in a display case, and a signed Peyton Manning helmet in a display case. And again in this room, I have a fire safe with over probably 200 graded Peyton Manning rookie cards I've collected over the years. I've had people come to my house for random stuff - carpet cleaning, cleaning crews, etc. I've had people ask me if I used to play for the Colts based on my size (I'm 6'5" 320lbs) and all the Colts stuff..

So - if you saw this room, you certainly would know the Colts ARE my favorite team. Not that this is the place for it - but why not.. A few years ago my wife bought an eliptical and hired someone to come to the house and put it together. This dude showed up, very polite and nice, started shooting the sh!t about football. I brought him back into this room to show him all my Colts stuff only to find out he's a Patriots fan. NO BS, this guy shook my hand and told me he's honored to meet someone so passionate about his favorite football team, but he declined to put the eliptical together - told me there's NO WAY he was going to help a Colts fan under any circumstances and he left!!!

Anyway - with that, I'll still draft for the Cardinals.. :)

:clap: Good story too about the Pats fan that's funny.... I was just messing with ya man :D

:clap: Good story too about the Pats fan that's funny.... I was just messing with ya man :D

Yeah I know. I was pissed that my wife was b!tch!ng that the guy left without putting her eliptical together, but was amused that the dude seriously left! I don't know if I would have gone to those extremes, but I guess I can't blame the guy for liking his team as much as I like mine..

you in for the 49ers?

All requests filled to this point. If there are any inaccuracies with teams in the wrong spots to pick for any round, let me know. Thx.

I'll take the Eagles

I will take the 49'ers. If someone else who has done it in the past wants it, then I will step aside

Both added. Even if someone else steps up, you can still add your 2 cents for the 9ers picks.