[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laurent Robinson

Crazysight

Gabbert looked HORRIBLE last year, but really, I'd say the majority of Gabberts issues weren't his inbility, but the lack of ability of those gaurds and lack of any form of recieving core. Give him some tools and get that over priced TE to catch a dam ball and you might have a decent QB.

Gabbert looked HORRIBLE last year, but really, I'd say the majority of Gabberts issues weren't his inbility, but the lack of ability of those gaurds and lack of any form of recieving core. Give him some tools and get that over priced TE to catch a dam ball and you might have a decent QB.

I guess you didn't see those 10yd passes into the dirt. It doesn't matter if he had a non-exhistent WR core, he couldn't hit a pee-wee in the numbers.

What Gabbert really needs to do is steal the Cowardly Lions "Certificate of Courage" .

Edited by Ice1

I guess you didn't see those 10yd passes into the dirt. It doesn't matter if he had a non-exhistent WR core, he couldn't hit a pee-wee in the numbers.

Trust me when I would say "Ter ain't no way in hell I'd put him on my team" but I honestly like to see what he could do with some tools and some protection in the pocket.

Trust me when I would say "Ter ain't no way in hell I'd put him on my team" but I honestly like to see what he could do with some tools and some protection in the pocket.

He sees ghost. Even when protection was holding up he'd turtle up with a four foot cousin and wait for someone to break through. He's gimmick quarterback from a gimmick offense that landed on a team that's trying to run a pro offense.

Aren't a pee-wee's numbers really small?

:lol:

Point being they are short and he couldn't even get it to a pee wee player in the numbers. Its hard to do when your acting like a farmer and tilling the turf in front of your wideouts.

:lol:

Point being they are short and he couldn't even get it to a pee wee player in the numbers. Its hard to do when your acting like a farmer and tilling the turf in front of your wideouts.

He's the worst starting quarterback that I can remember seeing. Not a backup that's starting due to injury, but a guy that is looked at as a starter. All rookie QB's worth a damn show flashes, Little Blaine did not. Then again, I could be called a Gabbert basher from the start. I thought he sucked at this time last year when his draft hype train was starting to get going.

He's the worst starting quarterback that I can remember seeing. Not a backup that's starting due to injury, but a guy that is looked at as a starter. All rookie QB's worth a damn show flashes, Little Blaine did not. Then again, I could be called a Gabbert basher from the start. I thought he sucked at this time last year when his draft hype train was starting to get going.

Who kept telling us that Gabbart was a top 10 QB before the draft? And we all tried to tell him....

Ryan Leaf was worse. And for a longer time. I would certainly give him another shot before pulling the plug on the experiment.

Ryan Leaf was worse. And for a longer time. I would certainly give him another shot before pulling the plug on the experiment.

No, Ryan Leaf showed flashes in his rookie year. We're still waiting on Gabbert. I'm not saying cut him, but he's shown me nothing so far. If he gets into a competition for the starting job with Henne, and it's really a competition, Gabbert won't see the field.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Well, that sucks! He was a better WR than Austin last year. I really liked him in our system.

Does this mean that Tony Romo will have to start throwing regularly to Witten again? Robinson became Romo's bff and Witten became almost invisible in the Dallas offense.

You can't tell i was a frustrated Witten owner, can you? :lol:

From a dynasty perspective, I kind of like this for both Robinson and Mike Thomas - but only if Jax gets some much better QB play. Thomas was never meant to be a true #1 and disappeared last year. With coverage rolling to Robinson more I could see Thomas having more of a 2010 type year again. It'll be interesting to see if Robinson can stay healthy and overcome terrible QB play, really hoping Jacksonville is not planning on starting Gabbert all year though

Who kept telling us that Gabbart was a top 10 QB before the draft? And we all tried to tell him....

I wasn't around last year, so I have to ask who it was? I am curious now.

I wasn't around last year, so I have to ask who it was? I am curious now.

:thinking: I only remember polk saying something about him, but it was so over the top that I thought he was joking (something like, arm of Peyton but runs like a safety). Other than that, I don't remember who all was pro Gabbert. On paper he had the measurables and he did play well for Mizzou so I don't blame anybody for thinking he was a solid prospect.

As a MJD owner I watched 3-4 Jaguars games last year and Gabbert's horrible play was primarily based on...... well, him being HORRIBLE.

Edited by White lightning

No, Ryan Leaf showed flashes in his rookie year. We're still waiting on Gabbert. I'm not saying cut him, but he's shown me nothing so far. If he gets into a competition for the starting job with Henne, and it's really a competition, Gabbert won't see the field.

Flashes? Really? Lol. Leaf makes Gabbert look like Peyton Manning:

Leaf: 1289 yards, 2 TD's, 15 INT's, 39 QB rating.

Gabbert: 2214 yards, 12 TD's, 11 INT's, 65.4 QB rating.

Leaf's career QB rating is 50, threw 14TD's and 36 INT's in his career. So, uh, YES, Ryan Leaf was worse, the flashes you think you may have seen may have been from a local thunderstorm.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I think part of the sentiment towards gabbert is based on the fact that he plays for Jacksonville, a team that hasn't drafted/developed/had a good NFL quarterback in all its years of existence. It took forever for the organization to figure out that Leftwich and Garrard weren't the answer, something that any casual observer would have surely realized in no time. Still though I'm definitely downgrading Robinson on this news and will likely seek to trade him. If I'm wrong and he breaks out for a monster year behind improved play by Gabbert then I'm wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

Edited by Crazysight