[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis to the Chiefs

montster

As a browns homer I like the idea of Tate. However i just read that houston is saying they are not interested in trading Tate.

Per Rotoworld:

The Texans are not considering trading Ben Tate to the Browns, according to beat writer John McClain.

This rumor started gaining steam when the Browns refused to comment on it. The truth is that the Texans could never get equal value for Tate, even though he'll continue to back up Arian Foster. The 2010 second-round pick averaged 5.4 yards-per-carry last season, racking up 942 yards on just 175 carries.

I agree, I would think the Texans would want a 1st for him. They might give back a 3rd but there is no real incentive to trade him as he is a very productive player on a very strong team with title hopes.

meh. He had a great year and then turned into a head case. I do hope now that they draft Blackmon and not Richardson though.

Do you think they'll roll into 2012 season without much at RB other than Hardesty, Ogbonnaya and Jackson? Or are they doing to draft a RB later, or still acquire one through FA?

Do you think they'll roll into 2012 season without much at RB other than Hardesty, Ogbonnaya and Jackson? Or are they doing to draft a RB later, or still acquire one through FA?

IMO they will absolutely be picking up a RB through the draft or a FA.

PS- There are quite a few RBs available in FA still . . .

Do we take the 2nd best rb at 22? Is there one worthy of a first round pick after richardson?

The only FA rb i see as am option would be m bush, b jacobs, or tolbert. Am i missing anyone?

Edited by fpuma

This is considered a deeper RB draft. Just because they wait to the second or third round doesn't mean they cannot find a decent rookie starter.

meh. He had a great year and then turned into a head case. I do hope now that they draft Blackmon and not Richardson though.

I can't disagree more. Richardson is a special player you don't get second chances at - if you're Cleveland I think you take him. There are still some impact WR FA's available, and WR is a position you can get help at deeper in the draft as well. Don't get me wrong, I love Blackmon as well, but I take Richardson over him all day long. I like the RB depth in FA as well and wouldn't completely dismiss signing someone like Choice or Tolbert as a compliment, but you don't pass on a talent like this guy. I'm showing my nuthuggerism (teach me Taz) here but man I think this is the way they must go.

Plus, they have plenty of needs. QB might be one of their biggest.

If you're talking about Cleveland I'd disagree as we have more need at WR, RB, OL and many spots on the defense. Yes we need an upgrade at QB, McCoy doesn't appear to be the answer but unless that guy is a super stud those other areas need to be addressed first.

If you're talking about Cleveland I'd disagree as we have more need at WR, RB, OL and many spots on the defense. Yes we need an upgrade at QB, McCoy doesn't appear to be the answer but unless that guy is a super stud those other areas need to be addressed first.

Oh QB is their biggest need, there's just no real answer available now that's an exciting upgrade over McCoy. If they can't get Tannehill for a reasonable price trading up from #22 they may as well take the pasta approach and grab someone in the 2nd/3rd like Cousins or Foles and see if they can't develop.

If Cleveland wants excitement they'd consider trading for a player like Colin Kaepernick or Terrelle Pryor, both of whom have athleticism that is 100% comparable to Cam Newton, were pretty good in college and are currently gathering dust as they warm the pine on their respective teams. K has had the added benefit of getting to learn under Jim Harbaugh for a year. Considering that K was had for only a second round pick and Pryor for a third I would think a team could have either fairly cheaply, but trades don't seem to happen often in the NFL. I imagine the trading process in the NFL is slightly more challenging than a trade in myfantasyleague, but still the Browns definitely do need an upgrade at QB and I don't see any other way they could do it at this point. Colt simply isn't the answer at this point I don't think, even if you have other pieces in place.. Shoot if Tennessee gets Manning the door might even be open for a potential trade of Locker, although he certainly wouldn't be had so cheaply.

Edited by Crazysight

If Cleveland wants excitement they'd consider trading for a player like Colin Kaepernick or Terrelle Pryor, both of whom have athleticism that is 100% comparable to Cam Newton, were pretty good in college and are currently gathering dust as they warm the pine on their respective teams.

I'd include the rest, but everything else is moot after a comment like that.

• Like 1

I can't disagree more. Richardson is a special player you don't get second chances at - if you're Cleveland I think you take him. There are still some impact WR FA's available, and WR is a position you can get help at deeper in the draft as well. Don't get me wrong, I love Blackmon as well, but I take Richardson over him all day long. I like the RB depth in FA as well and wouldn't completely dismiss signing someone like Choice or Tolbert as a compliment, but you don't pass on a talent like this guy. I'm showing my nuthuggerism (teach me Taz) here but man I think this is the way they must go.

Blackmon and Richardson have some degree of "specialness" to them, but Richardson fills an immediate need and has some significant potential to be the kind of dominant RB that can delay the need to find a QB for a year or two. Greg Little is going to be a really fine WR, maybe as early as this season if Hasselbeck magically appears on the doorstep.

That said, Bush, Tolbert, and Benson are still out there, and would also be good fits.

I'd include the rest, but everything else is moot after a comment like that.

:clap:

Excitement, we don't need excitement like a franchise that cannot sell tickets. We just need to build a team that improves steadily with achievable goals along way. I think the fans in Cleveland would be thrilled to have a couple winning seasons in a row, and then contend for a playoff spot. We're not deluding ourselves into thinking we can suddenly go from sucking to competing for a SB.

Agree on your point about Blackmon and Richardson as well. I'd also point out its easier for a rookie RB to come in and perform. I also believe that Little can develop in a very good WR.

If Cleveland wants excitement they'd consider trading for a player like Colin Kaepernick or Terrelle Pryor, both of whom have athleticism that is 100% comparable to Cam Newton, were pretty good in college and are currently gathering dust as they warm the pine on their respective teams. K has had the added benefit of getting to learn under Jim Harbaugh for a year. Considering that K was had for only a second round pick and Pryor for a third I would think a team could have either fairly cheaply, but trades don't seem to happen often in the NFL. I imagine the trading process in the NFL is slightly more challenging than a trade in myfantasyleague, but still the Browns definitely do need an upgrade at QB and I don't see any other way they could do it at this point. Colt simply isn't the answer at this point I don't think, even if you have other pieces in place.. Shoot if Tennessee gets Manning the door might even be open for a potential trade of Locker, although he certainly wouldn't be had so cheaply.

Terrelle Pryor isn't comperable to Cam Newton. Neither is Kaepernick. Not even close actually. Cam Newton is Ben Roethlisberger with better wheels. Pryor is a poor mans Vince Young.

Terrelle Pryor isn't comperable to Cam Newton. Neither is Kaepernick. Not even close actually. Cam Newton is Ben Roethlisberger with better wheels. Pryor is a poor mans dead broke like can't pay attention broke Vince Young.

Fixed it for you.

What I said was that athletically they are both comparable to Cam Newton, which is 100% true. Don't believe me just compare their combine stats to Cam's. In fact Pryor is even faster than Cam, though not quite as fast as Michael Vick. I didn't say anything about them having as much game as Cam, however athletically speaking they are 100% comparable. http://www.nfldrafts...ear=2011= Cam 6'5 40 time 4.56, weight 248: http://old.post-gaze...id=steelers.xml Pryor: 6'5 233 40 time: 4.36, http://www.nfldrafts...ear=2011= Kaepernick 6'5 233 40 time: 4.53. Kaepernick also has outstanding arm strength to boot, and performed better than even Cam did velocity-wise: http://www.nflgridir...m-in-the-draft/ Pryor I believe has very good arm strength as well. His main concern throwing is with his fundamentals and mechanics, although he was good enough to lead Ohio State to a rose bowl win.

Of course you could say the same with Vince Young as well as he stands 6'5 and had 4.48 combine speed. I'm not saying either will end up being any better than Young (I'm not saying they won't be either, all that remains to be seen), although I suspect that at least Kaepernick will be a very good starting QB. He has no character issues to speak of (although in fairness to Pryor for all the heat he's taken anybody who's ever looked into it knows that Cam Newton's college record makes Pryor look like a choir boy), and has had the added benefit of playing for the guy who turned Alex Smith's career around and helped groom Andrew Luck. Athletically speaking however they both bring something to the table that Colt does not, and if nothing else would be exciting, which in and of itself is more than the Browns have had in a long, long time. And historically speaking, most QBs (and players, for that matter) who have come into the league with such attributes have had very good careers. Of those who haven't many simply pissed it all away (see Vince Young with his childish behavior and temper tantrums, or Matt Jones the junky).

Edited by Crazysight

As a Cleveland homer, i was reading an article about their RB situation. It stated that the Browns were happy with Hardesty, Ogbonnaya and Jackson. I personally like Ogbonnaya last year hopes he wins the starting job.

As a Cleveland homer, i was reading an article about their RB situation. It stated that the Browns were happy with Hardesty, Ogbonnaya and Jackson. I personally like Ogbonnaya last year hopes he wins the starting job.

I would bet the rest of the division agrees, he is way better than Richardson. :coffee:

I would bet the rest of the division agrees, he is way better than Richardson. :coffee:

When you have so many needs, do you just opt for the best player on the board? Granted, if they can get a solid running game, they might actually gets some good production out of McCoy. That if Little pulls his weight.

I would really love, above all else, to have Kalil than a skill player. I like building from the inside out.

Agreed, Joe Thomas is still their best draft pick since returning in 99. But for too many fans (even knowledgable folks who play fantasy football) he's not flashy enough. All I kept hearing from local fans for weeks was "RG3, we got to get him whatever it costs." Now that he isn't an option they'll focus on Blackmon and Richardon, more skill players.