[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning to Denver?!?!

ridinthewake

:lol:

Tebow moving to TE? Just like Brandon Jacobs was going to do when he was drafted.

Tebow has a total of 2 years' NFL experience at QB - one with no offseason training, and has a college and NFL track record that shows he can be a far superior passer to what he showed in McCoy's ridiculous O for the first 3 quarters of games last season. This isn't to say Tebow will be a great QB, but rather that the jury ought to be out for anyone with any rational football intellect, and to think he'd be great at the NFL level by quitting playing QB completely and then changing to a position to my knowledge he's never played in his life is awfully farfetched.

So you would rather have him sit on the bench or be traded?

I really don't care overly much either way .If DEN intends to keep Tebow, then they had better get involved in developing him as a passer. If Elway/Xanders/Fox think he can't develop his passing sufficiently then they need to trade him (or should have traded him already) for whatever they can get and then get a young QB who has skills more to their liking. But right now this fence straddling is only going to set the team back long term no matter which way they go. I'd be very comfortable if they traded Tebow for a 3rd rounder and then brought Flynn in as a FA to play QB.

Personally I think going after Manning is a mistake. DEN isn't close enough to winning a SB right now, and won't be for another 3 years at least provided they have good draft/FA sessions in that time. By that time, Manning's career is likely over. DEN doesn't have an O-line that will be able to keep Manning healthy right now, IMO, and there are still pieces missing on both sides of the ball. A few of those pieces could get put in place with the money they'd spend on Manning and then the team can grow with a younger QB who grows with them. And while they're courting Manning, some of those FA pieces are flying off the board and going elsewhere - which only hurts the team more, Manning or no Manning.

As far as trading Tebow - given his intangibles and his 4th quarter performances to date - he was the 12th highest rated QB in the NFL in the 4th quarter last season when McCoy was forced to abandon his 1930s offense and actually try to move the ball to win games, and that was despite being demoted to 3rd string status and the lack of work that entails during the preseason and the beginning of the season - I think there is some very real untapped potential that can be developed. His intangibles are obvious to even casual football fans - Tebow finds a way to win and is a great leader. I hate to think DEN would trade him for a 3rd round pick, start again with another young QB, and then have Tebow develop into a very good starting QB for a decade or more - but I could live with that risk if DEN picked up a young guy with some very solid potential to take his spot.

If they did trade him, I'd understand. Fox is far from an unconventional thinker, and I could see where he'd want to play it safe. Elway was dealt a busted hand and it appears that he is intent on making a flambouyant splash. But DEN already has had one QB who was roundly panned as a passer in his first couple of years after a great college career, and that turned out pretty well for them in the long run when they didn't give up on him early on. But if they intend to move forward without committing to Tebow, they need to do it ASAP and stop waffling on it - and then be prepared for the consequences if Tebow develops into a quality starter somewhere else.

Edited by Bronco Billy

BB do you think the broncos over they next, say, 3 years are a better team with Manning or Tebow at the helm?

I don't have a good answer for that. Tebow may never be better than he was last season. But I do have some real concerns about a 36 yr old QB who had to sit an entire season after 3 neck operations, and reportedly does not have his arm strength back - especially with Franklin at OT and Walton/Beadles in the middle of the line. Those guys are pretty good run blockers, but all leave a lot to be desired as pass blockers - especially if they have a fragile immobile QB behind them. I could definitely envision a 2012 season where Manning is laying immobilized on the field and then has to be carted off by midseason - ending his career, and then being forced to turn to... to what, exactly? I sure as hell don't see a Lombardi trophy coming here in the next 2 years even with a Manning who is on top of his game.

I think the risk taking on Manning is too great given where DEN is right now, and what the cost is going to be. It seems to me that will have a poor return, maybe disasterous.

I think the risk taking on Manning is too great given where DEN is right now, and what the cost is going to be. It seems to me that will have a poor return, maybe disasterous.

As a Charger fan, I'm ok with that.

:woot:

The Manning idocy has hit an all-time high. NFL Network is running a live feed from a helicopter following the white van that is transporting the Broncos execs to pick up Manning from the airport. I thought I was watching re-runs of the OJ car chase. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The Manning idocy has hit an all-time high. NFL Network is running a live feed from a helicopter following the white van that is transporting the Broncos execs to pick up Manning from the airport. I thought I was watching re-runs of the OJ car chase. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I thought the exact same thing.

ETA: SportsCenter is doing it as well.

Edited by tazinib1

Rearrange the words and you got that.

This is NEWS for God's sake! Any word on the tire size on the van?

Edited by Bronco Billy

While I'm not convinced he's going to make his decision today - Tennessee is still (from what I understand) just as much the favorites as Denver. Arizona is about to be out of it in about 2 hours..

The thing Denver has done that's baffled me is they've thrown ALL their eggs in one basket. They have more than enough cap room to sign pieces for Manning while he's still making his decision. They pssy-footed around and let Reggie Wayne re-sign with the Colts. They let Eddie Royal walk. They missed out on Vincent Jackson and Robert Meachem.. While talented, they're going to need a little more than Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker to threaten opposing defenses..

Looks like Kolb will be getting that roster bonus at the end of today after all.

Honestly, If I'm the Cardinals I would cut ties with Kolb regardless of Manning's final destination. They need to ride with Skelton and look for a new QB in the draft or FA in future years. I think it's clear that Kolb is NOT the answer. Hopefully for Cardinal fans, the owners realize this as well.

Honestly, If I'm the Cardinals I would cut ties with Kolb regardless of Manning's final destination. They need to ride with Skelton and look for a new QB in the draft or FA in future years. I think it's clear that Kolb is NOT the answer. Hopefully for Cardinal fans, the owners realize this as well.

I never understood that move by the Cards to begin with. Kolb never proved a thing and they treated him like, well, Manning when they signed him.