[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flynn a Seahawk

keggerz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely believe in the kid. I find it strange that Miami did not want him enough to just get it done. I understand why some are reading that tea leaf as Philbin having reservations. It does seem a natural conclusion.

Except I'm suspicious how much input Philbin has in the situation. Miami seems like a trainwreck right now with their inability to lure "names" to the organization.

I like it, as it is likely that he is better than Jackson and we got him for a good price. But I don't love it. IMO it hinders us from having a chance at an elite QB in the next 2-3 years. This is the guy Carroll is hitching his wagon to. If it doesn't work, Carroll is gone.

Flynn doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. The way he talks, the way he walks, the way he looks. We got rid of Touchdown Jesus and brought in Cheddar Bob. Flynn just looks like a dork. With the exception of the Mannings, name me another elite QB in the last 30 years that looked like a dork. He walks like Charlie Whitehurst. He isn't that well spoken. He just doesn't smell like an elite QB.

Given the options the Seahawks have had recently, I'll take it. They had to gamble on a QB sooner or later (should have happened about five years ago). To me, for the past few months, it has come down to Flynn vs. Jackson vs. Tannehill. I think this was the best decision they could have made. Schneider knows him well, so that should be a good sign. But Philbin didn't get him, and to me that is a very bad sign. I just wish the guy didn't look like such a dork. Don't know how else to say it. Great deal money wise, but if he doesn't work out, it is going to cost us our coach.

I like it, as it is likely that he is better than Jackson and we got him for a good price. But I don't love it. IMO it hinders us from having a chance at an elite QB in the next 2-3 years. This is the guy Carroll is hitching his wagon to. If it doesn't work, Carroll is gone.

Flynn doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. The way he talks, the way he walks, the way he looks. We got rid of Touchdown Jesus and brought in Cheddar Bob. Flynn just looks like a dork. With the exception of the Mannings, name me another elite QB in the last 30 years that looked like a dork. He walks like Charlie Whitehurst. He isn't that well spoken. He just doesn't smell like an elite QB.

Given the options the Seahawks have had recently, I'll take it. They had to gamble on a QB sooner or later (should have happened about five years ago). To me, for the past few months, it has come down to Flynn vs. Jackson vs. Tannehill. I think this was the best decision they could have made. Schneider knows him well, so that should be a good sign. But Philbin didn't get him, and to me that is a very bad sign. I just wish the guy didn't look like such a dork. Don't know how else to say it. Great deal money wise, but if he doesn't work out, it is going to cost us our coach.

Are you serious? So how a QB looks is now somehow important? They need to be super models, like Matt Mr Hollywood Leinart?

The rest makes some sense, but when you start throwing out "he looks like a dork" you post sounds pretty silly.

Don't know how else to say it. Great deal money wise, but if he doesn't work out, it is going to cost us our coach.

Inaction on getting a QB that doesn't hinder the team's opportunity to get better is going to cost us our coach.

I'm not caught up in Flynnsanity, but I like that we got the top guy out there (who wanted to play here) and aren't going to miss out on a bunch of $$$. I don't know if not going with his Philbin says what it says about what his OC thought of him, or if it was more indicative of Miami's front office disarray. Given the many misses the Dolphins have had of late, I'm siding with the latter as the reason he spurned the Dolphins.

There's also a GB exec who is now Seattle's GM, and Flynn spoke strongly of what he thought of Schneider in his interviews yesterday.

This is a great signing for Carroll and Schneider. We get a guy with upside and a proven grasp of the west coast system. The Hawks know what Tarvaris is and it isn't great. The $$ paid out is easily manageable if he doesn't pan out, and they can still draft a QB to develop if they feel they need to. I don't see any downside here.

Are you serious? So how a QB looks is now somehow important? They need to be super models, like Matt Mr Hollywood Leinart?

The rest makes some sense, but when you start throwing out "he looks like a dork" you post sounds pretty silly.

It was just a theory I had, and going back through the history of elite QB's, it holds water. It may have something to do with the fact that better looking guys automatically have confidence. Elite QB's have a certain swagger and an uber-confidence about them, at least 90+% of them. Flynn just doesn't carry himself that same way. That's all I'm saying. There just haven't been a long history of dorky guys that end up being elite QB's.

Except I'm suspicious how much input Philbin has in the situation. Miami seems like a trainwreck right now with their inability to lure "names" to the organization.

Stephen Ross is the worst owner in the NFL. He's meddlesome, not unlike Al Davis was or Jerry Jones is now, but Davis and Jones are respected by players and other front office types. Ross seems to me like he's a joke to everyone. From front office types, to coaches, to players. Miami has been used like a pawn by free agent coaches and players for how many years straight now? I think Cleveland might be in a better position right now than Miami is. What an absolute trainwreck.

From Stephen Ross' Wikipedia entry:

He is the founder, chairman and CEO of The Related Companies, L.P., a global real estate development firm. Related is best known for developing the Time Warner Center, where Ross lives and works as well as blowing up the Miami Dolphins franchise with a series of bizarre off the field distractions (Orange Carpet, Club Liv, Jimmy Buffett), failed coaching changes, public relations lies (see prior statement) and other management miscues which have turned the NFL's formerly winningest franchise into the laughing stock of the league, unable to attract even washed up veteran superstars or unproven younger talent.

From Stephen Ross' Wikipedia entry:

He is the founder, chairman and CEO of The Related Companies, L.P., a global real estate development firm. Related is best known for developing the Time Warner Center, where Ross lives and works as well as blowing up the Miami Dolphins franchise with a series of bizarre off the field distractions (Orange Carpet, Club Liv, Jimmy Buffett), failed coaching changes, public relations lies (see prior statement) and other management miscues which have turned the NFL's formerly winningest franchise into the laughing stock of the league, unable to attract even washed up veteran superstars or unproven younger talent.

:rofl:

Gotta love wikipedia. While it often has good information, there's really nothing to prevent people from posting their own beliefs/opinions instead of facts. (NFL's former winningest franchise? I suppose its possible, but I don't usually think of the Dolphins that way.)

This is the guy Carroll is hitching his wagon to. If it doesn't work, Carroll is gone.

This sounds a bit over-dramatic to me. I think there are higher hopes for him than TJ, evidenced by the back end of the contract, but Flynn's guaranteed monies are very similar to TJ. If Flynn pulls a Whitehurst he might be cut next year. If Seattle regresses next year, Carroll's undoing could be more accurately attributed to never having a QB to hitch his wagon to.