[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

I have selected for the Bengals again as mattk53 hasn't been logged on in about 10 days. For the purposes of this mock, the Bengals made out like bandits getting the best overall guard and a Top CB in Jenkins with this last pick. They'll grab a RB at some point and have sured up several weaknesses.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need meets value here - Reiff is best player on the board at this point and we have definite need. Another pick made that fills a hole created during FA. I like Reiff here but would have much rather filled this need with Eric Winston and been able to draft another position.

With the 22nd pick in the draft, the Falcons select Riley Reiff, OT Iowa.... What, you didn't think we were serious when we said we'd give you our 2012 pick too, did you Cleveland?

I would be happy to return this pick to you for Julio Jones. I even picked the guy you wanted for you.

With the 24th pick the Steelers select - OG, Cordy Glenn, Georgia. Glenn will more than likely start at one of the guard spots for the Steelers but could also play RT. He played along the line at Georgia. He's a massive mauler with tremendous strength and long arms, who shows good feet blocking on the move to keep up with pass protections.

With the 24th pick the Steelers select - OG, Cordy Glenn, Georgia. Glenn will more than likely start at one of the guard spots for the Steelers but could also play RT. He played along the line at Georgia. He's a massive mauler with tremendous strength and long arms, who shows good feet blocking on the move to keep up with pass protections.

I am really hoping he falls to the NYG in the real draft. He is my #1 choice for the NYG. I am sure it's wishful thinking but he is the kind of o-lineman the NYG need. I really like the pick for PIT too.

Need meets value here - Reiff is best player on the board at this point and we have definite need. Another pick made that fills a hole created during FA. I like Reiff here but would have much rather filled this need with Eric Winston and been able to draft another position.

This will be the Chiefs actual pick this year.

With the 25th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select - DT, Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.

WR Stephen Hill might be an intriguing pick, but the Broncos need to stop the run first. Jerel Worthy can help them do that.

With the 25th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select - DT, Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.

WR Stephen Hill might be an intriguing pick, but the Broncos need to stop the run first. Jerel Worthy can help them do that.

Glad to see my spartan's getting some love

With the 27th overall pick, the New England Patriots select - LB, Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

So many needs for this defense that I don't even know where I or Belichick should start. Hightower is a decent pass rusher and maybe even more important he can play multiple positions on and off the line, which Belichick likes in a player, and which was shown to be important last season with all the injuries.

With the 27th overall pick, the New England Patriots select - LB, Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

So many needs for this defense that I don't even know where I or Belichick should start. Hightower is a decent pass rusher and maybe even more important he can play multiple positions on and off the line, which Belichick likes in a player, and which was shown to be important last season with all the injuries.

Was hoping he fell to Baltimore, he'd be great in that defense and with the veteran mentorship

With the 28th overall pick, the Green Bay Packers select

Devon Still, DT/DE Penn state

The Packers pass rush was very poor last year, and they got gashed aginst the run a LOT. The team needs a DE/DT anchor to play the "3" to complement Raji and Pickett. In Still, they get a 300 pound bruiser that is surprisingly quick and powerful rushing the passer. This pick fits TTs best player available concept and happens to fit a need. Still's pass rushing combined with Raji and Mathews should improve the pass rush in 2012

Signing Jeff Saturday drastically changed this pick in the last few days . . .

Inhiding has been PMd about selecting for the 49ers.

Sorry about having a life and a young son.

And well you should be. :) Actually I assumed you just mixed up the selection and commentary threads. Didn't see a point in just putting who you picked, but whatever, just fn around.

Agree on the pick btw.

The 49ers could use some help across the O-line as they have been unhappy with their RT, RG and Center. Konz should be the answer at center as he's the best in this draft class at the position.

Papajohn is on the clock for the Pats.

With the top CBs surprisingly fast off the board, a lack of top safeties and two picks in the next round there is really no reason to reach for a CB or S at this point.

With Andre Branch the Patriots get another multi purpose pass rusher who can play in a 4-3 or 3-4 if they decide to switch back do that.

But when it all said and done Belichick probably trades both his first round picks.

I took Mike Adams (OT from OSU) for the NYG. The NYG usually go with the BPA and IMO you can argue that Adams is the BPA. The main knock on him was his poor bench press reps, but strength conditioning is one of the easier faults to fix. Most rookies go thru a major transition in the NFL and conditioning is one of the main differences between college and the NFL. I think the coaches will be confident they can improve his strength conditioning and make him into a good starting OT.