[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

The 49ers select - OT/OG, Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State. Osemele played LT in ISU and at 6'5" 335 lbs, is a mammoth, powerful blocker with brute strength and a nasty attitude. He's as good as anyone in this draft class in a phone booth. He has long arms and even made strides, is his weakest area this past season, as a pass protector. As long as he keeps his weight in check and continues to get coached up as a pass protector, moving his feet better and not lunging at defenders, he'll be a great addition.

Just as I stated while selecting for the Steelers, this mock draft worked out perfectly for the 49ers. IMO, the 49ers' greatest needs, prior to free agency, were O-line, WR and CB. Since the 49ers sured up at WR, with the acquisitions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham and kept Carlos Rodgers at CB, that left O-line as the biggest area to address and the two picks made in this draft would fix things up nicely. I selected Peter Konz in the 1st round and he should be an immediate upgrade at center over Jonathan Goodwin, who was nothing more than a stopgap solution at the position. And now Osemele would be a great fit and possible upgrade over Chilo Rachal or Adam Snyder, who both played RG but struggled badly all last season. The 49ers also have Anthony Davis playing RT, and even though he's still young at 22 years old, patience is wearing thin after 2 atrocious season of production and so Osemele could also be plugged in there as well.

Edited by irish

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle has had a awesome mock draft getting the best ILB, Kuechley, and then being able to address DE with a mid-first round graded/projected pick in Chandler. Seattle has to address one final weakness.....

The New England Patriots select - CB, Trumaine Johnson, Montana

Given his ability to play both CB and SS Johnson is the type of player that Belichick likes, and the Patriots need. Since there isn't a lot of talent in this year's draft at the SS position and LaRon Landry choose the Jets, The Patriots goes for versatility and depth in the secondary instead of reaching for a "true" SS at this point.

St. Louis selects - CB, Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska.

The Rams need help all over but the secondary needs major help not only at upgrading starter positions but also filling depth. Dennard does exactly that as he could not only provide great depth at the CB spot but he could also crack the starting lineup. He's a thickly built, very physical corner who jams receivers at the line very well, will support against the run and has the quickness to shadow underneath and intermediate routes. It's the deep stuff that's more challenging, as he has some stiffness in his hips and gets into trouble with being overly physical.

Thompson is a BPA pick. This is a guy I have as the 3rd best DT behind Cox and Brockers. He's a mirror image of Lamarr Houston of the Raiders and he's a beast. He'll provide depth in rotation and an inside pass rush as a DT and can also line up as a DE in a 4-3. Not a need pick, but Thompson is too good to pass up in the 3rd.

The Cleveland Browns are looking for a trade partner to acquire another 3rd round pick. I have multiple picks in 4, 5, 6, and 7. Draft pick trade value chart can be found here but I'm not married to these values - contact me via PM for an offer.

The Cleveland Browns are looking for a trade partner to acquire another 3rd round pick. I have multiple picks in 4, 5, 6, and 7. Draft pick trade value chart can be found here but I'm not married to these values - contact me via PM for an offer.

Trades are just what this mock needs...

Let's just finish this thing out.

I'm happy that we got this far and we'll probably even finish out the 3rd round. Pretty nice! It has been brutal at times though and I have drafted for 1/4 of the teams. :lol:

I'm happy that we got this far and we'll probably even finish out the 3rd round. Pretty nice! It has been brutal at times though and I have drafted for 1/4 of the teams. :lol:

Yeah saw your earlier post, good to see we got farther than past efforts.

Did you PM WashD yet? He has been active the last two days but no pick yet.

Again, let me know if you want help with any of these picks, I work from home so can get a ton of picks done quickly.

The Skins select - CB, Brandon Boykin, Georgia. The Skins need help all over their D-line and secondary, Boykin not only helps with the secondary issue but will also play a role as a return man and may even be involved on offense as he was in college.

The Skins select - CB, Brandon Boykin, Georgia. The Skins need help all over their D-line and secondary, Boykin not only helps with the secondary issue but will also play a role as a return man and may even be involved on offense as he was in college.

Boykin will be great for a team who can use a jack-of-all trades, but I wouldn't count on him to be more than a solid nickel corner (though he could surprise. Dude is immensely talented in a lot of different ways).

Edited by delusions of granduer

The Miami Dolphins select . . .

OG/OT Brandon Washington, University of Miami

The Dolphins need to get better at OL, and Washington has played both OT and OG for Miami. The hometown product can provide strength inside at guard, or maybe even supplant Marc Colombo at right tackle.

Miami Dolphons select

TE Dwayne Allen . .Clemson

The Phins pick up some extra offensive help, Allen is the BA on their board, and they need an upgrade over Fasano. Philben likes having pass-catching TEs on his offense, and Allen can provide a nice upgrade on short and internediate routes, while Fasano can fill the role of blocking TE.

The Chiefs select - WR, Brian Quick, Appalachian State

The Seahawks select - WR, A. J. Jenkins, Illinois.