[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

Does anybody still in the draft appreciate comments in the thread from the guys who are no longer participating?

I for one do not.

You should find a hobby if it really bothers you that someone comments who doesn't have the time to research mock draft picks.

So this is what the first two rounds are going to feel like for Falcons fans... Can't wait :kicksrock:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should find a hobby if it really bothers you that someone comments who doesn't have the time to research mock draft picks.

So this is what the first two rounds are going to feel like for Falcons fans... Can't wait :kicksrock:

Then why join in the first place? That was my complain.

Sorry didn't realize this was a closed thread

You can't find the time to pick a player for The Eagles, but you can easily find the time to criticise the pick somebody else had to make in a hurry for a team they may og may not follow.

I had time 3 weeks ago when we started. I didn't realize it was a 2 pick per day limit.

Sorry for providing input into what the Eagles may do. I'll leave you back to your mock mock draft

You get easily offended. Probably due to sleep deprivation from your busy life.

How hard is it to find 5 minutes times the amount of picks you have (and it is not just you) and then be done with it, and then next year not join (if there is going to be one next year)?

It's not like it would require tremendous effort and time.

In real life each and everyone would do just do it and be done with it.

Do it while you take a dump. I wouldn't be surprised if that's when the majority of us do it :D

Sorry I didn't have time to pick again and obviously this has run off the tracks. IMO no way the Eagles go for a RB early. WR maybe, DB more likely

Sorry Zoot, did my best picking for them and realized they have more than one need but thought Martin was a solid choice considering the RBs hadn't been hit hard yet and he would fit what they do pretty well. They also don't have much depth currently.

I also want to say to those looking for the draft to move faster, that I can't force guys to make picks and have done all I can by PMing those on the clock. I have even stepped in and selecting for several teams when guys have gone missing.

I also want to say to those looking for the draft to move faster, that I can't force guys to make picks and have done all I can by PMing those on the clock. I have even stepped in and selecting for several teams when guys have gone missing.

Nah you're doing great, thanks for the effort of tracking it all. Only reason I dropped my /tap'ing was cause you noted you yourself were on the clock, then went MIA without picking so I was busting balls :lol:

You did more than you should have had to. It's the morons who signed up and then disappeared who effed it up. Oh well. Next time I suggest giving a max time (maybe 24 hrs?) so if people think they can't do that they won't sign up, or will at least give you some pre-picks in case they can't make it - and if not you can just pick for them as you had to anyway.

Review the draft after it is over. If anyone took more than a day to pic, they can;t participate next year.

Review the draft after it is over. If anyone took more than a day to pic, they can;t participate next year.

I agree that waiting a long time drags things out. However, it's hard to reject Huddlers wanting to take part especially if we can't fill this in the first place. Pardon me, I have to go select for the Jets now...

You did more than you should have had to. It's the morons who signed up and then disappeared who effed it up. Oh well. Next time I suggest giving a max time (maybe 24 hrs?) so if people think they can't do that they won't sign up, or will at least give you some pre-picks in case they can't make it - and if not you can just pick for them as you had to anyway.

Next time, let's do 5 rounds.

• Like 1

I agree that waiting a long time drags things out. However, it's hard to reject Huddlers wanting to take part especially if we can't fill this in the first place. Pardon me, I have to go select for the Jets now...

What all teams are you drafting for? I will pick a couple up for you.

Come on now that's a bit harsh. When this thing was forming there was no time limit or expectation announced. I too wish it went faster but can't really expect people to F5 all day in March/April. Next time we do a better job of clarifying how we wanna run it, getting a player or position list submitted by those guys that might have a busy day ahead of them.

Hell I'm up to schedule a turbo-mock next weekend if we can get a bunch of guys committed to spend a couple hours F5'ing.

Come on now that's a bit harsh. When this thing was forming there was no time limit or expectation announced. I too wish it went faster but can't really expect people to F5 all day in March/April. Next time we do a better job of clarifying how we wanna run it, getting a player or position list submitted by those guys that might have a busy day ahead of them.

Hell I'm up to schedule a turbo-mock next weekend if we can get a bunch of guys committed to spend a couple hours F5'ing.

I never took longer than 24 hours for my 2 picks, but in hindsight, I should have followed the selections only thread, so I would be e-mailed with every pick.

With the 48th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, New England Patriots selects CB, Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech

By not trading out of the frst round the Patriots have addressed their needs a the D-line, now they are going to fix the secondary.

Jayron Hosley is in my opinion the best CB left in the draft and is talented all around. He still needs to improve some aspects of his game, but it is nothing that solid coaching can't fix.

What all teams are you drafting for? I will pick a couple up for you.

I've picked for Dallas (mine), Cincy, Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Philly and had a pick lined up for the Jets. It's not a big deal as I've done this in the past. We'll see what happens moving forward.

:tup:

I will also pick for one more team if it is necessary.

OK, will let you know...

You should find a hobby......

Hey what is wrong with having Fantasy Football as a hobby.................................in the offseason...................nothing sad about that at all..................................... :bag:

Respectfully disagree. I think it was or should have been reasonable to expect those signing up to be able to check in at least once or twice during the day. They didn't have to be on constant watch. PS I'm not aiming that at anyone in particular or trying to get a dig in; trolling is for losers. But yeah as we've both said, there should be a time limit.

All that aside, anyone else not agreeing that Wilson is the 4th best RB?

Edited by BeeR

Respectfully disagree. I think it was or should have been reasonable to expect those signing up to be able to check in at least once or twice during the day. They didn't have to be on constant watch.

Fair enough. I just thought calling people out for time when no time expectation was set in advance was a bit much, that's all. Some leagues do actual fantasy drafts this way, with 12 or 24 hour limits on picks, so to think an NFL mock in April would mirror that isn't unreasonable IMO.

All that aside, anyone else not agreeing that Wilson is the 4th best RB?

Hell yeah, let's get back to football! Not sure if you think Wilson went early or late :) I saw Wilson play a couple of times but frankly I felt Ryan Williams, Kevin Jones, and Lee Suggs were all far better, so if you're wondering why so soon, I agree with ya!

After RIchardson I think RB's are all one big lump of average, no one in the 2-8 range stands out in any way. . One guy is speedy, one has good balance, another is a good receiver, but no one looks like the complete package at this point to me. I think the key will be finding a guy that has a partial set of skills that either (A) really fits what a team wants in a RB; (B) can get him some playing time while hopefully he learns/develops the rest. If I'm a GM I don't see any RB I would draft in the 1st and probably not 2nd based on other available talent on the draft list when I rank 1-64.

I agree Flemingd. Checking in once or twice a day is just reasonable. Unfortunately, we really do need a time limit of 24 hrs per pick to keep it moving.

On the RB for Philly, >shrugs> the RB pool after Richardson is mehh... nothing special, an not really an objectionable pick. Philly tends to make picks on need rather than value from time to time so it is in keeping that a pick that maybe a reach for other teams is not fot Philly. With all 2nd LBs gone, Philly would probably look elsewhere with the pick.