[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathon Stewart to Denver?

BearBroncos

Wrut wroe wraggy!

Jonathan Stewart - RB - Panthers

"Multiple team sources" tell the Charlotte Observer that Jonathan Stewart is "unlikely" to be traded despite the Panthers' addition of Mike Tolbert.

The Panthers will face a tough decision when Stewart enters 2013 free agency, but for now they're poised to keep him along with DeAngelo Williams and Tolbert. Tolbert will likely shoulder some of the load on passing downs, and cover kicks on special teams. Stewart and Williams will be the primary backs. The Panthers could consider cutting Williams and re-signing Stewart next offseason, although releasing DeAngelo would cause a roughly $5 million cap hit in 2013.

Wrut wroe wraggy!

"Multiple team sources" tell the Charlotte Observer that Jonathan Stewart is "unlikely" to be traded despite the Panthers' addition of Mike Tolbert.

The Panthers will face a tough decision when Stewart enters 2013 free agency, but for now they're poised to keep him along with DeAngelo Williams and Tolbert. Tolbert will likely shoulder some of the load on passing downs, and cover kicks on special teams. Stewart and Williams will be the primary backs. The Panthers could consider cutting Williams and re-signing Stewart next offseason, although releasing DeAngelo would cause a roughly $5 million cap hit in 2013.

Dude, what a clusterf**k

Wrut wroe wraggy!

Stupid. Just plain dumb IMO. Those are valuable assets they can use to shore up other areas of the team. Why the he11 keep all three, not to mention that they have a RB playing QB also?

Makes no sense to me.

I don't see them trading the younger, lower-mileage RB. Deangelo's got $17.2 mill cap dollars on him still so cutting him is out. A trade for a late round pick is the only thing that makes sense IMO.

I also didn't see them throwing that much money at Williams when they had Stewart and Goodson just came off a season where had 60+ catches in limited work, but the Panthers seem to have an identity crisis at RB like a socially akward 13 year old girl.

I guess if they think Tolbert can handle a good portion of the work, then they could easily let Stewart go to fill other holes, and have Tolbert, Williams, Goodson (and of course Cam vultures all the TDs anyway) in sort of a RBBC.

Stupid. Just plain dumb IMO. Those are valuable assets they can use to shore up other areas of the team. Why the he11 keep all three, not to mention that they have a RB playing QB also?

Makes no sense to me.

This.

Why would D Will get cut? He played great last year, 5.4 YPC, 850 yds rushing, 8 TDs on only 155 carries. It's not like he underperformed, they just didn't use him. Stupid of Carolina to give that much money to a guy they barely ran the ball with. If he does get cut, it's bad business IMO. Stewart is an FA next year, trading him is a much better move IMO.

There's no reason they sign Tolbert unless they are planning to be without either J Stew or D Will in the near future

Edited by efi4eye

Cincy or green bay should trade a second round pick for jstew immediately

If the Packers gave up a second rounder for more offense with their defensive needs I would have to return to the area to shoot the GM's dog. (Any GM whose first and lst name initials are the same should be aware that there is precedence for this type of senseless, cruel, ignorant violence)

I think we may be jumping the gun. Tolbert is one of the best special teams players in the league. I think he's going to be all over special teams, play fullback, and be an emergency ball carrier. I like TOlbert a lot, but lets not act like he's the same skillset/talent of DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart.