[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathon Stewart to Denver?

BearBroncos

Stewart needs to be the one to go, and it's should not even be a debate IMO. He's only got one year left on his deal and he's had multiple issues with injuries to his feet. He's a very good RB and can bring back value to the Panthers, but his skill set can easily be replaced by Tolbert. Cam has stolen all of Stew's value as a goal line runner anyway.

If they can get a second or early third in return I think that CAR would jump on it. They aren't going to openly place him on the market and diminish his value.

By the way, are we just pulling names out of the air now that might also go the Denver? I mean this isn't an actual rumor out there, is it? If so, what is the source?

I have no idea if the OP game up with this on their own, or read/heard something elsewhere. A quick searched turned up

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/03/19/mike-tolbert-to-carolina-might-mean-jonathan-stewart-to-denver/

This thread at The Huddle was also on the first page of results.

Hard to say how much is people throwing out names, and how much is rumor (some sports writer, blogger or other person on the internet throwing out names). In the Manning to Denver thread BB was talking about the Broncos pursuing every free agent that every played with the Colts.

To me its almost all baseless rumor, created to get readers/viewers.

Stewart needs to be the one to go, and it's should not even be a debate IMO. He's only got one year left on his deal and he's had multiple issues with injuries to his feet. He's a very good RB and can bring back value to the Panthers, but his skill set can easily be replaced by Tolbert.

And here we go with the "injury" arguement :lol: good grief...so how many games has Stew missed again???

And you're smoking CRACK if you think Tolbert is even remotely close to Stew in skill set :oldrollseyes:

By the way, are we just pulling names out of the air now that might also go the Denver? I mean this isn't an actual rumor out there, is it? If so, what is the source?

This is what drives me crazy when there's a thread for every specualtive rumor, often multiple ones for the same guy... So glad Manning finally signed for this reason, because I keep on clicking on these rumor threads expecting to maybe find some confirmation.

Edited by delusions of granduer
  • Like 1

The latest buzz keeps dropping Pittsburgh in a trade for Stewart. I'll believe it when I see it. Stewart doesn't really exist much to me (sorry Taz) because his prime is being squandered in Carolina. The fantasy window is shutting if Stewart doesn't get the hell out of Carolina and nails down a 16-20 carry gig.

Technically, the Panthers have 4 stud RBs - Newton, DeAngelo, Tolbert and Stewart. If something doesn't change I won't even have Stewart on my draft board. I'd rather swing for the draft-fence with some new rookie than play the Panther shuffle again.

I'm also sour on DeAngelo too, don't get me wrong. It goes both ways.

The latest buzz keeps dropping Pittsburgh in a trade for Stewart. I'll believe it when I see it. Stewart doesn't really exist much to me (sorry Taz) because his prime is being squandered in Carolina. The fantasy window is shutting if Stewart doesn't get the hell out of Carolina and nails down a 16-20 carry gig.

Technically, the Panthers have 4 stud RBs - Newton, DeAngelo, Tolbert and Stewart. If something doesn't change I won't even have Stewart on my draft board. I'd rather swing for the draft-fence with some new rookie than play the Panther shuffle again.

Please....PLEASE let Stew go to Pitt.

[skipBayless]Free Stew!![/skipBayless]

Go easy Taz! I'm a big believer in Stewart and I know he'd do well as a feature guy. BUT! He will never get that chance here in Carolina. He's a good all around back, but he's easily replaced by the combined talents of DWill and Tolbert. The Panthers could use the combo of Will and Tolbert and not miss Stewart a bit IMO.

They just signed Tolbert and they won't be able to move DeAngelo's monster contract, so why shouldn't Stewart be the one to go? ( except for the Taz man crush of course ),

The overall buzz I get from Panthers fans is confusion over Tolbert's signing, but most seem to think Stewart should be the one to go now given the current 3 back situation.

Go easy Taz! I'm a big believer in Stewart and I know he'd do well as a feature guy. BUT! He will never get that chance here in Carolina. He's a good all around back, but he's easily replaced by the combined talents of DWill and Tolbert. The Panthers could use the combo of Will and Tolbert and not miss Stewart a bit IMO.

They just signed Tolbert and they won't be able to move DeAngelo's monster contract, so why shouldn't Stewart be the one to go? ( except for the Taz man crush of course ),

The overall buzz I get from Panthers fans is confusion over Tolbert's signing, but most seem to think Stewart should be the one to go now given the current 3 back situation.

Agreed on all counts...Stewart is rotting in Carolina.

This

I disagree a little as I think he could end up flourishing later in his creer like Priest Holmes if he lands on a team in a few years that will make him a starter....his mileage is low considering the talent level...

This was discussed in a local format. It makes practical sense in the McGahee isn't the answer here. He is part of the answer, but a solid ponder is absolutely needed to keep defenses honest. Knowshow is a done deal and will have little relevance here so they need to solid backs here.

Who else is there? Addai surely isn't the solution and I'm glad the passed on Jacobs. We just traded one distraction and don't need another. I would have loved if they went after Tate but doubt they could afford that.