[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning a Bronco

alexgaddis

Vice versa if he signs with Miami.

My guess is that Smith signs with SF. If he doesn't, it's because Miami throws out way more money, but I'd guess that Smith isn't going to hold this against the Niners and those are the only reasons why you leave a team as good as SF for Miami. Spite or a ton of money. The kid has seen a lot and is not stupid. This is, after all, Peyton Manning we're talking about. It's not like the Niners were flirting with bringing in Chad Henne or something. Hell, I could see him being bent if they were going after Flynn. But, for a lot of very good reasons, it made sense for them to kick the tires on a guy who is one of the two best QBs of his time.

It's like we all have the mythical "free pass" with our wives if Selma Hayak or whomever is on your top 5 comes calling. I think a guy like Smith, who's had exactly one good season, owes his team that get out of jail free card.

I do see your point, but saturday and dallas clark actually both make a lot of sense.

On a serious note, I'll take Thomas/Green at TE over Clark given where Clark is in his career. Both those kids are awfully athletic and both have shown pretty surly dispositions towards the D when blocking.

• Like 1

My guess is that Smith signs with SF. If he doesn't, it's because Miami throws out way more money, but I'd guess that Smith isn't going to hold this against the Niners and those are the only reasons why you leave a team as good as SF for Miami. Spite or a ton of money. The kid has seen a lot and is not stupid. This is, after all, Peyton Manning we're talking about. It's not like the Niners were flirting with bringing in Chad Henne or something. Hell, I could see him being bent if they were going after Flynn. But, for a lot of very good reasons, it made sense for them to kick the tires on a guy who is one of the two best QBs of his time.

It's like we all have the mythical "free pass" with our wives if Selma Hayak or whomever is on your top 5 comes calling. I think a guy like Smith, who's had exactly one good season, owes his team that get out of jail free card.

SF has shown they aren't exactly enamored with Smith. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they brought in Josh Johnson to compete with Kaepernick now that the Manning derby is over.

SF has shown they aren't exactly enamored with Smith. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they brought in Josh Johnson to compete with Kaepernick now that the Manning derby is over.

Odd, the only indication at all that they weren't "enamored with Smith" was that they were entertainig bringing in Manning. And, at that, they were sort of a last minute entry into the field. Which makes me think that they just realized that they'd be stupid to not at least kick the tires on it. Like I've been saying, assuming he's as costly as it sounds, I'm glad they didn't, but I think they had to at least entertain the notion.

However, other than that, the word was that they were committed to Smith and I still think he's the best option currently out there. Assuming K is not ready, they were too close to the SB to jerk things around for just anyone.

If his neck holds up I think they got an incredible QB and I know the neck is a big if. If they keep Tebow it could be the best thing for him as Manning is as intelligent as you can get when it comes to the QB position. If I am a Broncos fan I am not dissapointed

Edited by whomper

Thought it would be Denver, the thought SF for sure, then wait maybe Titans becauseof the local ties. Manning is my dynasty QB so will be interesting. Also have Vernon Davis and Moss as well as Decker so fallout will be interesting.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Dunno if I'd take Clark or not. He'd be expensive and he's showing his age now. Let Manning make the young guys look good. Julius Thomas and Virgil Green (suspension I know) are the future TE's here anyhow.

not sure why clark would be expensive. what other teams are lining up to pay him a bunch of money?

Maybe they like Kaepernick and think he is their future?

He may be there future, but they almost made it to the superbowl last year and the championship window is open. It' s not an ideal time to develop a project QB.

Edited by bushwacked

Well put.

If his neck holds up I think they got an incredible QB and I know the neck is a big if. If they keep Tebow it could be the best thing for him as Manning is as intelligent as you can get when it comes to the QB position. If I am a Broncos fan I am not dissapointed

Have you seen BB's comments...... Don't get it, but he's not happy about Manning to Mile High..... :doh:

• Like 1

I love the national perception that Denver is a cold and snowy city! Denver is in the top 5 or 6 major cities that get the most sun and over 52 seasons the average temperature at kickoff is 60.1 degrees... :rofl:

KC is a lot colder than Denver....

I love the national perception that Denver is a cold and snowy city! Denver is in the top 5 or 6 major cities that get the most sun and over 52 seasons the average temperature at kickoff is 60.1 degrees... :rofl:

It's a perception I appreciate ;)

Now the wind is a different story, or at least his year :tdown:

• Like 1

Have you seen BB's comments...... Don't get it, but he's not happy about Manning to Mile High..... :doh:

some people feel that Manning may still not get them over the hump and these next few years would have been better served developing Tebow or another younger qb. I can see that point as well. I was just speaking from my perspective. The NFL is strange . Teams get hot and ride lightning to the sb as we saw with the Giants. I think Denver can win right away with Manning if he is healthy.

Ok I'll take your word for it. But playing in DEN weather is certainly going to be colder and have more snowfall than SF, TEN (Nashville), MIA, AZ (Phoenix), the other serious contendors at one time. And certainly far colder and snowier than the dome in IND that he's played his career in.