[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning fallout

flemingd

Now that this is solved, what other deals that were pending his destination will happen now?

- Teblow to Miami

- Alex Smith back to SF

- Clark and Saturday to Denver?

- Mike Wallace - does Denver have the cap room? Wallace, Thomas, Decker, Clark would be absurd.

What else?

As much as I'd love to see Wallace here in Denver, I think it's not pratical. I think Denver is extremely at RB, even after the great year from McGahee, I think they needa better option there. McGahee is on the cheap so holding him wouldn't hurt but bringing in Stew would make this back field down right dangerous!

As for Clark, Don't need him, IMHO!

My hunch is he's gone, good-bye. Jags possible for sure. also rumors of possibly to the Pats

Strange that he would go to the Pats. Purely as a backup, or a long term project to take over for Brady? Or would they have some other plans for him (gadget plays, etc.) What about Miami if Smith stays in SF? (No rumor just tossing out another team that has been shopping for a QB).

Alex Smith resigns with 49ers for more money than they want.

Matt Moore stick with the Dolphins

Tim Tebow gets traded to the Patriots where he wont challenge Brady. But Belichick and McDaniels LOVE him and would definately have some schemes set up for him.

Alex Smith resigns with 49ers for more money than they want.

Matt Moore stick with the Dolphins

Tim Tebow gets traded to the Patriots where he wont challenge Brady. But Belichick and McDaniels LOVE him and would definately have some schemes set up for him.

I thought that's why they drafted Mallet, or at least trade bait later on.

Strange that he would go to the Pats. Purely as a backup, or a long term project to take over for Brady? Or would they have some other plans for him (gadget plays, etc.) What about Miami if Smith stays in SF? (No rumor just tossing out another team that has been shopping for a QB).

My guess is it would be some of both. Tebow wants to be a qb, but if pats said, we'll put you in for packages, learn behind brady, if things work out, you could possibly be his successor in a few years, he might be willing to do that.

My hunch is he's gone, good-bye. Jags possible for sure. also rumors of possibly to the Pats

Curious where you heard the rumor because it makes no sense to me. Not only does he not fit the system, but with NE drafting Mallet last season there's no need for it.

Fallout - Alex Smith is the most curious to me. With Seattle adding Flynn, the 49ers better be looking over their shoulders to stay in contention. Sure, the 49ers have a great defense, but without a veteran at QB, there could be trouble. They really cannot afford a learning curve at QB, now, if they expect to win the division. I see negotiatons with Alex Smith heating up and they may be looking to re-sign him quickly. St. Louis and Seattle should not be underestimated ...

If NEP wants Tebow, I wonder what it would take to get them to give up Mallett? I thought we should've taken him in the 2nd, so if we could get him now, that'd be nice.

:huh:

You think Belicheck and McDaniels will do anything that will help Denver? Mallet looks to me early on to be the real deal in being Brady's successor. I can easily see a Favre/Rodgers scenario taking place there after the 2013 season.

:huh:

You think Belicheck and McDaniels will do anything that will help Denver? Mallet looks to me early on to be the real deal in being Brady's successor. I can easily see a Favre/Rodgers scenario taking place there after the 2013 season.

And vice versa - no way Denver trades Tebow to the one team that has both the balls and the genius to use him in ways that no one can defend.

it would be fun to see what sort of plays and packages NE would come up with for Tebow - but I just don't see them picking him up.

Sure, making a team need to prep for a Tebow package would stress their resources - but it also takes up NE's practice time and puts Brady on the sidelines for those gadget plays during the game. I'd rather have Brady taking every snap.

Every freakin' O FA out of IND who had ever been on the field with Manning is being linked to DEN now.

Per different reports, the following players are expected to be playing in DEN this season:

RB Joseph Addai

WR Brandon Stokley

TE Dallas Clark

TE Jacob Tamme

C Jeff Saturday

Geez - these guys managed to win exactly 1 SB together when Manning was on the very top of his game. Now DEN's goiing to add all of them to appease Manning after they're all well on the downhill sides of their careers (except maybe Tamme who has years left as a backup, and Saturday who at 36 yrs old is still way better than Walton can ever hope to be) AND is also going to win at least 1 SB carrying all the dead weight?

This has got trainwreck written all over it. This is going to be a circus that will make the 2011 Eagles dream team disaster look like child's play.

San Fran, having demonstrated that they are not committed to Smith, and having drafted his replacement in Kaepernick, should not expect loyalty from him. Why would he sign with them unless the contract has enought guaranteed money to assure him of at least two or three years?

Geez - these guys managed to win exactly 1 SB together when Manning was on the very top of his game.

And 7 seasons of one and done. Last year your boy did better in the playoffs than Manning typically does.

For the past few years now, there's always a team that goes out and goes ballz to the wall in free agency. The 2010 NY Jets.. The 2011 Philadelphia Eagles.. This recent track record of going out and making a big splash in Free Agency doesn't exactly seem to give anyone the warm and fuzzies.. While the Bronco's haven't done it yet, they still have money to spend and Manning's boys (Saturday, Clark, Tamme, Addai) are all still available..

Someone a few posts back said it - this has the potential to be a collossal train wreck!

Every freakin' O FA out of IND who had ever been on the field with Manning is being linked to DEN now.

Per different reports, the following players are expected to be playing in DEN this season:

RB Joseph Addai

WR Brandon Stokley

TE Dallas Clark

TE Jacob Tamme

C Jeff Saturday

Geez - these guys managed to win exactly 1 SB together when Manning was on the very top of his game. Now DEN's goiing to add all of them to appease Manning after they're all well on the downhill sides of their careers (except maybe Tamme who has years left as a backup, and Saturday who at 36 yrs old is still way better than Walton can ever hope to be) AND is also going to win at least 1 SB carrying all the dead weight?

This has got trainwreck written all over it. This is going to be a circus that will make the 2011 Eagles dream team disaster look like child's play.

I'm with you here BB.

RB Joseph Addai

WR Brandon Stokley

TE Dallas Clark

TE Jacob Tamme

C Jeff Saturday

Put the rat poison down, take the bullets out of the gun, and put the cap back on the drano.

Do you really believe every rumor you read/hear? Do you serioulsly think the Broncos will sign all of those guys?

I cannot tell if you're really worried about the future of the Broncos or just heart broken about the future of Tebow.