[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D. Ryans to the Eagles

RJV

Mike mayock said he was the slowest MLB in the NFL last year after his achilles injury....but he still had like 65 tackles and 4 int I think in a 3-4 defense that he really isn't suited for....now he will go back to a 4-3 and maybe help stuff the run...

They had asked DeMeco to take a pay ut because he was only playing running downs in the 3-4 that Phillis put in. My guess is he said no. The team is losing their defensive leader, I don't know who will step up in his place.

The Texans let Mario Williams walk, and now this. Are they really loaded on defense? Texans homers what's the story?

As a long time Texans fan who saw these guys come in (along with Eric Winston) and start the process of building a winning team I hate to see them move on to pther teams. Especially Demeco, who WAS the teams defensive leader. But with that being said, Cushing is coming into his own as a leader himself and will man the LB corps with the young guys like Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed playing the outside spots. I think they actually did better with Reed starting in place of Mario, IMO. I am not totally disappointed in these moves as I believe in the Texans braintrust and the way they have went about building this team. I like the young defense and look forward to seeing them add some more pieces through the upcoming draft. I think a lot of the fans that are blowing up about the players are thinking way too much with their heart and not as much with their heads.

As a long time Texans fan who saw these guys come in (along with Eric Winston) and start the process of building a winning team I hate to see them move on to pther teams. Especially Demeco, who WAS the teams defensive leader. But with that being said, Cushing is coming into his own as a leader himself and will man the LB corps with the young guys like Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed playing the outside spots. I think they actually did better with Reed starting in place of Mario, IMO. I am not totally disappointed in these moves as I believe in the Texans braintrust and the way they have went about building this team. I like the young defense and look forward to seeing them add some more pieces through the upcoming draft. I think a lot of the fans that are blowing up about the players are thinking way too much with their heart and not as much with their heads.

I agree, last year Mario played in just 5 games, and Ryans was clearly not himself (combo of ACL and Shoulder issues) and the D still played VERY well...I do think they will miss Ryans in the locker room and as a leader, but they showed they have the horses to play VERY good D again this year.