[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow Watch 2012

DEN obviously wanted no part of McDaniels' vision for Tebow and made no effort to develop him as a NFL QB. Tebow can throw the ball - he didn't just suddenly "get it" in the 4th quarter of games and move the team relentlessly and successfully down the field and then just as suddenly forget "it" at the beginning of the next game, game after game after game. That said, like a whole lot of young QBs, he needs a lot of training and refinement.

Personally I'd love to see Tebow swallow his pride a bit and go to GB, where they are looking at him as a 2nd stringer. McCarthy places a hugh committment on offseason time to developing all of his QBs' skills, including Rodgers, and his QB camp training shows. Let Tebow go through 2 years of that, and then let's see what the kid can do.

DEN obviously wanted no part of McDaniels' vision for Tebow and made no effort to develop him as a NFL QB. Tebow can throw the ball - he didn't just suddenly "get it" in the 4th quarter of games and move the team relentlessly and successfully down the field and then just as suddenly forget "it" at the beginning of the next game, game after game after game. That said, like a whole lot of young QBs, he needs a lot of training and refinement.

Personally I'd love to see Tebow swallow his pride a bit and go to GB, where they are looking at him as a 2nd stringer. McCarthy places a hugh committment on offseason time to developing all of his QBs' skills, including Rodgers, and his QB camp training shows. Let Tebow go through 2 years of that, and then let's see what the kid can do.

I dunno if that were the case, BB. I think they were extremely concerned with the mechanics. I mean yes, some of those passes were brilliant and not even Elway could have thrown, but the vast majority were beyond horrific. And yes, they might have had an opportunity to fix the mechanics, but at what cost to the franchise? Denver is known for being a strong team under the Bowlen regime. Since 2006, the Broncos have been a below average team. Tebow brought excitement, but the unknown. Manning brings an immediate "We can win" mentality back to this organization.

I'm a Tebow fan and hope by some miracle that Denver some how finds a way to hold onto him, but even if he's traded, I honestly think this was the best thing for the franchise. Even if Manning ends up hurt, it shows there is a "WIN NOW" mentality which is needed after so many years of disappointment.

I dunno if that were the case, BB. I think they were extremely concerned with the mechanics. I mean yes, some of those passes were brilliant and not even Elway could have thrown, but the vast majority were beyond horrific. And yes, they might have had an opportunity to fix the mechanics, but at what cost to the franchise? Denver is known for being a strong team under the Bowlen regime. Since 2006, the Broncos have been a below average team. Tebow brought excitement, but the unknown. Manning brings an immediate "We can win" mentality back to this organization. I'm a Tebow fan and hope by some miracle that Denver some how finds a way to hold onto him, but even if he's traded, I honestly think this was the best thing for the franchise. Even if Manning ends up hurt, it shows there is a "WIN NOW" mentality which is needed after so many years of disappointment.

You may be right. But I think results are more important than how good a QB looks delivering the football. I think most coaches would agree. Does he need work on his footwork and body alignment? Yep, but that can be trained in through repetition.

But again, like the overwhelming majority of young QBs, Tebow needs additional training and refinement. If he doesn't get that, he won't improve markedly and he'll go down as a bust. That would be a shame, IMO, given some of the intangibles he's shown.

You may be right. But I think results are more important than how good a QB looks delivering the football. I think most coaches would agree. Does he need work on his footwork and body alignment? Yep, but that can be trained in through repetition.

But again, like the overwhelming majority of young QBs, Tebow needs additional training and refinement. If he doesn't get that, he won't improve markedly and he'll go down as a bust. That would be a shame, IMO, given some of the intangibles he's shown.

There is one argument that can't be avoided (to your point), at one time, they were calling for Elways job when he was a rookie.

I'm extremely curious to why GB would have such an interest in Tebow? Seems to me he is a polar opposite fit for their system unless they are just adding some trickery to their play book?

If they do, I would guess its because they see more potential in Tebow as a NFL QB than DEN does. They could also use a QB who might have to step in for a short stretch and manage a couple of Ws in the event Rodgers misses a little time. tebow seems to fit that bill also.

I'm extremely curious to why GB would have such an interest in Tebow? Seems to me he is a polar opposite fit for their system unless they are just adding some trickery to their play book?

Because making him a passing QB might be the biggest challenge evah? Like in the history of the league?

EDIT: or maybe they want him to play running back or H-back?

Edited by bpwallace49

I am thankful for what Tebow brought to the Broncos last year and think the guy would be able to help the Broncos or another team asa package player. IMHO he will never be a relaible starter at QB in the NFL, his mechanics have not changed after two years in the NFL and probably never will. Watching him play in person was painful for 55 minutes of the game, then he gave me some of the best mememories of Broncos football in the last decade... One of my favorite qoutes from last year was when Mark Schlereth was watching Tebow at practice and asked one of the Broncos brass, "Are you sure he's left handed?"

Wow, Tebow in NY, that will certainly keep the whole Tebow story going. How long until Jets fans start calling for him to start when Sanchez falters.

Does Vegas have odds on that?

that will start later today