[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow to the J E T S JETS JETS JETS

flemingd

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim's already winning over the locker room...

http://msn.foxsports...ow-trade-032112

Dude, this is just the beginning. Honestly, if you asked me the absolute most effed-up situation you could move Tebow into, I'd pause and think for about 2 seconds and then realize it was the Jets. No freaking question.

Honestly, just try to think of a worse fit. I really can't.

From way out in left field:

Tebow eventually displaces Sanchez, Jets go on to win the wild card. They visit DEN, who wins the AFC West, in the first round. Manning goes 1 and done like he has 7 times already as Tebow scores on a QB sneak with 11 seconds left in the game.

My gawd, DEN would be declared a national disaster area after the fallout of the exploding heads here

I would absolutely love it!

Sanchez will have a mental meltdown at some point as he cuts blood supply off to his brain by constantly twisting his neck looking over his shoulder.

And... a devout/overt Christian going to a highly liberal city that hates Christian displays??

This is gonna be ugly and funny all at the same time. Sort of an NFL version of Pulp Fiction. :celb:

apparently john elway said on the radio that the broncos had similar offers on the table from the jags and jets, and they gave tebow the choice. he chose the jets. strange.

Seems clear then that he thinks it will be a better evangelical recruiting ground, than obviously Jacksonville in the bible belt... It does make some sense in that regard if that's his priority, but at the same time, I don't think he knows what he's walking into, both with the locker-room and fans.

This is gonna be ugly and funny all at the same time. Sort of an NFL version of Pulp Fiction. :celb:

I agree. No matter what happens... you'll watch it unfold, even if it's a train wreck. Heard on the radio this morning from a local sports writer that he'd go for two every time with Tebow assuming they'd make it three out of four times, which I agree with and is worth the price they paid. He also said the Doncos didn't mind Tebow, but didn't want Tebowmania to be an issue Peyton had to deal with. I think the Broncos pulled the trigger too fast and should have wound up with a decent BU QB. Face it, like him or hate him, you're going to watch and that makes money.

Say what you want about Tebow, he did create some very loyal followers in Denver while he was there...

Colorado man’s obituary says he ‘wanted out’ before Broncos acquired Manning

These are the real first two paragraphs of the obituary for an Eagle, Colo., man, which appeared in the

Columbia Daily Tribune on Wednesday:

Jim Driver, 1933-2012

James H. “Jim” Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.

A service is planned for late May at Jim’s favorite place on Earth, the “Big Rock” at Sylvan Lake’s Yeoman Park in Eagle, Colo.

In lieu of flowers, those who knew Jim are asked to Tebow for him at 3 p.m. sharp.

Jim Driver, 1933-2012 [Columbia Daily Tribune]

And Pat Robertson :blink:

“Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured,” Robertson said. "If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”

:clap:

I just watched a Michael Irvin rant about Tebow going to the JETS (he likes it, btw). And I really enjoyed and agreed with what he said. It was just on NFL Total Access. Anyways, he basically called out Sanchez and implied that Sanchez is distracted by the nightlife. I dunno, I've always liked Irvin, love his passion and his rant tonight got me hyped up to see Tebow in NY when I never really cared about Tebow until now.

Just a few years back the Jets had a dominant O Line , top notch running game and fiesty opportunistic D. Now they are spiraling. Tebow will right the ship. Sanchez can suck it

Edited by whomper

One can reasonably make the argument that Tebow is at least as good of a passer as Sanchez, and that he brings more versatility and intangibles to the table. That would imply that Tebow may eventually displace Sanchez. It ought to be very interesting to watch.