[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow to the J E T S JETS JETS JETS

flemingd

Does it ever end:

"before he can join the Jets, Tebow -- because of a procedural issue -- will be required to sign a rewritten contract with the Denver Broncos on Friday and remain on Denver's salary cap for 24 hours thereafter, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder. That means the trade will not be official until 4 p.m. ET Saturday."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems clear then that he thinks it will be a better evangelical recruiting ground, than obviously Jacksonville in the bible belt... It does make some sense in that regard if that's his priority, but at the same time, I don't think he knows what he's walking into, both with the locker-room and fans.

I think he knows exactly what he is walking into.

Tebow has more fortitude in his little finger than most people have and his character is without question. Sanchez is already coddled and makes way too many poor decisions to be a real effective QB at this point.

Tebow is walking into a situation he believes he can win the job.

He is already a household name for his on and off field life. Just because he is in New York it matters not other than he has the acumen to make the media look foolish as they are already baiting him and this will continue without sucess for a time.

Who knows if he will win the job by mid-season or ever but one thing is certain; he will not change his rock solid demeanor. Even the dysfunctional Jets will rally around his team concept example. It will be interesting but my money is on Tebow displacing Sanchez. He already made this organization understand his potential with his 95 yard drive last season. At this point, when you boil it all down, the biggest knock on Tebow from a football perspective is around 8-10 passes out of 100. Will this percentage improve with hard work?

Edited by Ice1

Tebow hold a press conference at noon today?

Just got this email from the NFL.com, I wonder what is up. Don't have time to listen to the press conference but may check back on the NFL site to see if there's a news story afterward regarding the press conference.

Something big being announced, or the NFL just hyping their current media darling?

"Tune into live streaming online for Tim Tebow's press conference today at 12 pm EST.

Please click here for the latest news and information."

Jesus, they've got a whole section of "stories" on NFL.com dedicated to Tebow in a section on the upper right of the home page? :wacko:

ETA OK, this just appears to be an overhyped press conference to officially announce his signing to the Jets. And the NFL really thought that was worth emailing everybody on their list as some sort of "important news story". Tebowmania in NY, with the NFL on his jock, along with ESPN and many others = :sick:

Edited by stevegrab

Tebow hold a press conference at noon today?

Just got this email from the NFL.com, I wonder what is up. Don't have time to listen to the press conference but may check back on the NFL site to see if there's a news story afterward regarding the press conference.

Something big being announced, or the NFL just hyping their current media darling?

"Tune into live streaming online for Tim Tebow's press conference today at 12 pm EST.

Please click here for the latest news and information."

Jesus, they've got a whole section of "stories" on NFL.com dedicated to Tebow in a section on the upper right of the home page? :wacko:

There's no big news, just a typical player press conference. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be a part of such a great organization, blah, blah, blah.

There's no big news, just a typical player press conference. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be a part of such a great organization, blah, blah, blah.

Funny thing is there's been many of these press conferences this off season, its the first time I recall getting an email from NFL.com about it. May be time to unsubscribe from whatever that is. Or just route any email with "Tebow" in the subject to my junk folder ;)