[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wallace wants Fitz/CJ $$$

Bronco Billy

Really? Per Rotoworld:

Citing a league source, the Sacramento Bee reports that restricted free agent Mike Wallace is searching for a long-term contract in excess of the eight-year, $120 million deal signed by Larry Fitzgerald last August.

The Bee's Matt Barrows has been tracking the situation because the team he covers -- the 49ers -- made an inquiry about signing Wallace to an offer sheet. It's not happening if he insists on becoming one of the top three highest paid receivers in football. (Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald are Nos. 1 and 2.) Wallace may still leave Pittsburgh if his asking price comes down, but the Steelers couldn't sign him, either, on that lofty of a demand.

Related: 49ers

Source: Sacramento Bee

Mar 22 - 8:40 AM

Dude is nuts. No wonder he hasn't been signed yet. These guys and their agents who let 1-2 good seasons go to their heads are amazing. Worse is they sometimes find a desperate/dumb team willing to sign them to these outrageous deals.

Maybe he is fairly happy playing in Pittsburgh but he figures if someone wants to be crazy stupid then it's worth a shot. He is certainly not a top three WR. However, he is bordering on being a top 10. So you never know what some idiot owner will pay him.

Maybe he is fairly happy playing in Pittsburgh but he figures if someone wants to be crazy stupid then it's worth a shot. He is certainly not a top three WR. However, he is bordering on being a top 10. So you never know what some idiot owner will pay him.

On a side note, I would like to give you some high commendations for entering a thread where I have posted, actually reading the post and commenting on its content, and not flying into full-blown attack mode.

On a side note, I would like to give you some high commendations for entering a thread where I have posted, actually reading the post and commenting on its content, and not flying into full-blown attack mode.

Can't resist poking the bear can you?

I don't think Wallace is going to get top 3 money unless a team is very desperate (though I've heard the barely top 10 talk before and disagree. From a purely skill/speed perspective, IMO, he's closer to top 5).

Sucks for the Steelers though (aside from 1st round compensation) because I'd bet he's pricing himself well out of their market, and you know no team wants to let an uber-talented guy like him walk, regardless of need.

BB, would you feel any better about the Broncos hitching their wagon to Manning if they could land Wallace to go with him? I think those 2 pieces can make up for a lot of short-comings, because Wallace isn't jsut a deep threat you need the O-line to hold up to hit. You can use his speed in so many ways to get the ball to him quicker.

I don't think Wallace is going to get top 3 money unless a team is very desperate (though I've heard the barely top 10 talk before and disagree. From a purely skill/speed perspective, IMO, he's closer to top 5).

Sucks for the Steelers though (aside from 1st round compensation) because I'd bet he's pricing himself well out of their market, and you know no team wants to let an uber-talented guy like him walk, regardless of need.

BB, would you feel any better about the Broncos hitching their wagon to Manning if they could land Wallace to go with him? I think those 2 pieces can make up for a lot of short-comings, because Wallace isn't jsut a deep threat you need the O-line to hold up to hit. You can use his speed in so many ways to get the ball to him quicker.

The Broncos have a lot more pressing needs then WR. If they spend their money on him it will be one more dumb move from a team that seems to be making a lot of them. (ie resigning Joe Mays, not signing Bunkley, not going out to get a top tier CB when they desperately need someone better then Goodman. I am nuetral on the QB situations and will see how they play out before I bash them for those moves, but the rest of their offseason has been crap!)

• Like 1

The Broncos have a lot more pressing needs then WR. If they spend their money on him it will be one more dumb move from a team that seems to be making a lot of them. (ie resigning Joe Mays, not signing Bunkley, not going out to get a top tier CB when they desperately need someone better then Goodman. I am nuetral on the QB situations and will see how they play out before I bash them for those moves, but the rest of their offseason has been crap!)

I think this is an excellent response, and I agree with it.

this seems really dumb on his part. what's he make this year under the RFA tender? I am assuming something like VJax money would be a raise from that, with some long term security and a signing bonus. by holding out for fitz money, he's basically guaranteeing he doesn't get the nice little longer term contract he's worth. and then he probably makes the same sort of demands and gets franchised next year. wouldn't he be better off negotiating a tasty contract now for what he's actually worth?

Here is how I look at this.

Pitsburgh slaps him with a Round 1 tag which means he is one of the better WRs in the game.

Wallace says,"Hey, how can I get market value for my services if you are going to slap a Round 1 tag on me?" Pay me what I am worth Pitsburgh....

Pitsburgh thinks Wallace will come crawling back to sign their low ball offer (which they have to make).

Wallace thinks, "No way!"

Is Wallace worth top 5 WR money - Yes, he is. He has the ability and was PIT's primary WR. The big hang-up is the Round 1 tag is a big problem for Wallace. He can't shop his services for fair market value.

What I see is a big stalemate. Thanks to PIT's tag.

I said a long time ago that I feared by the things that I was hearing that he would price himself right out of Pittsburgh. Well, now I am thinking that he is pricing himself at a point that he will have no choice but stay put. He must have one totally asinine agent that is blowing way to much smoke up his ass. Sports radio has been laughing at his desire. Now I know that all the people on sports radio doesn't mean squat but it just shows what the Steeler nation even thinks of this crazy pay day desire. I can only hope that it is a negotiation point where the talk much higher then they are willing to accept but you never know with these agents.

:shocking:

it is funny but when someone asks me to the name the best WR in the NFL, Mike Wallace does not come to mind. He is really good with the potential to get better, but there is no WAY he gets Fitz/MegaTron money. He should be shooting for VJack money - a 5 year deal arounf 55 million. As he is only 23 (I think) he will be able to sign another more lucrative deal at the end if he thinks he is a s good as Fitz.

I would have sworn he would have been gone by now. But after that claim, I am guessing he stays in Pittsburgh.