[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Bush signs 4 year deal with Chicago bears

bpwallace49

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Forte insurance for sure . . .no details yet, but it could show that the Bears are just planning on a one year franchise for Forte

Which is a HUGH kick in the balls for Forte after he played his azz off last year

I've waited years for Bush to get out of the Oakland RBBC, and he lands right smack dab in the middle of another one! :bash:

Fixed

Yeah but those guys are at least still on the team, and I doubt Barber makes it to Sept with them unless an injury hits or Forte sits out. This is actually a really good chess move by Chicago.

And no, we havent won the off season unless we draft seven linemen because once again every FA OL has gone elsewhere.

I've waited years for Bush to get out of the Oakland RBBC, and he lands right smack dab in the middle of another one! :bash:

There are very few teams that don't have a RBBC approach these days so I think it would take someone special to leave a RBBC and get handed the reigns fulltime somewhere else. I don't think Bush is that "someone special".

Man, looks like Marshall and Bush are set to suck all of the value right out of Forte. Really feel bad for the guy after he's busted his butt for around the league minimum for 4 years.

Bigger question now becomes who backs-up McFadden....a role that, if history serves as any indication, is good for 150 carries minimum.

I see them bringing in a less injury-prone backup than Taiwan Jones, but I love what he could do as a COP back. The guy could probably make some big noise with just 10 carries and a few catches a game.

Edited by delusions of granduer

The team is still carrying Chester Taylor, the backup running back in 2010, on the books. He will count $1 million vs. the cap this season after he earned

Fixed

Considering Barber (250K), C. Taylor (1 mil) and Bell (restricted free agent) will only count 1.25 million against the cap this year, I think they are in great shape. Emery is killing it!

except that CHI offered Forte a lot of money (30+mil) and he turned it down.

Well, I'd probably hold out for as much as I could get too, if I spent the last 4 years as a feature back getting paid around the league minimum at the position most likely to have your career ended.

I sometimes think people don't realize how little league minimum is when your career is at risk playing that many snaps. I mean, say he's been able to save a million of what he's made, which would be very frugal with his salary... If he suffers a career-ending injury, he isn't exactly set for life, epseically if he ends up with medical bills not covered by the NFL (didn't they make some cuts to insurance for former players?)...

Further, sometimes contracts have to do just as much with rewarding a guy who's been vastly underpaid and GREATLY outplayed the value of his contract, as it is just about what their perceived future value is...

I see no need to panic if you own Forte. I'm sure this move is to solidify our backup RBs. Bush is an upgrade over Barber, imo. Forte is still going to be the guy. As a Bear fan and fantasy fan, I'm pleased as punch.

Bush is similar to Forte in talent. This is not good news for Forte owners in my view at all. It is very good news for the Bears.

I think the Broncos did, got Peyton and got rid of Tebow.

No doubt... If there is anything worse than the fans not letting you be able to move past a QB you felt wasn't the answer, it was that he actually made the playoffs and raised the expectations to where anything less than a playoff berth and win was going to look like a failure for Elway and Fox... Trust me, it's happening in Atlanta right now, that many fans can't just enjoy being a perennial playoff contender, like we've never been before in our history. You raise the expectations to where you gotta start winning playoff games or at least making it most years, which may be pretty tough when defenses can now adjust to him like they did with Vick.

There was absolutely no better way they could wipe their hands clean of the Tebow experiment without pissing off the fans, than bringing Manning in.

ETA: and this is all looking at it from a purely business decision. It could turn out to be a great football decision too.

Bush is similar to Forte in talent. This is not good news for Forte owners in my view at all. It is very good news for the Bears.

Really?

I strongly disagree. Forte, imo, is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL right now. Bush will be limited to backup duty only, imo.