[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J.Stewart watch 2012

tazinib1

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said after Friday's Mike Goodson deal that the team will not be trading Jonathan Stewart this offseason. :angry:

Take nothing from that comment. Stewart is the hot commodity right now. He is pushing Stewarts trade value...that is all that is.

WHatever. Care to dive into Stew's injury history for those of us that are not as informed as you?

I thought you followed Stewart. He's had a foot issue since coming into the league. 2 years ago he has surgery on his Achilles and it was reaggrevated last season. That's the same Achilles tendon that he has problems with in 2009. He also had ankle issues before the 2009 season. He's had surgery for bone spurs in his heel before the 2010 season and he has recurring issues with turf toe that he had surgury on when he was in college - all in the same foot, which likely was a causal factor for the Achilles injury and the ankle injury.

He plays through pain, but he always seems to have to play through pain - his entire career. It appears like he has a permanent structural problem in his foot, which could very well prevent him from ever being a bell cow RB. He also got carted off the field in 2010 with a concussion that affected him for a month. The guy seems to be a permanent every week listing in the injury report - and most of that has to do with something related to that foot.

You knew all this stuff, right?

The guy is set to make only $1.3M this season. He was the 13th pick in the 2008 draft. He can put up eyepopping numbers when he is healthy enough to get 14+ carries. He's only 25. If he is all that, why hasn't some team offered up a 2nd rounder for him already - which CAR would take? Could it be that NFL teams know the injury risk for him that you don't seem to?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Yes I understand that, but when you give a guy the label "injury prone" it usually entails missing games. Again, how many games has Stewart missed? Thats all I'm getting at. You can waste your time giving me his injury history all you want. And the Panthers are in no rush to trade Stewart...they will get a 2nd in a heart beat if indeed, the Panthers put him on the block. I really hope he goes to Denver so I can watch you squirm in the forums about another "injury risk" addition to the Donkies.

Yes I understand that, but when you give a guy the label "injury prone" it usually entails missing games. Again, how many games has Stewart missed? Thats all I'm getting at. You can waste your time giving me his injury history all you want. And the Panthers are in no rush to trade Stewart...they will get a 2nd in a heart beat if indeed, the Panthers put him on the block. I really hope he goes to Denver so I can watch you squirm in the forums about another "injury risk" addition to the Donkies.

:lol:

• Like 1