[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Augusta National - Practice Round - Merchandise Shop

Scooby's Hubby

Anyone ever been to a practice round at the Masters? I am going to Monday's practice round and am wondering what to expect. I imagine big crowds for merchandise. Do they ever run out of shirts? I figure I better have some good walking shoes. I imagine I will be there for 8+ hours. Hopefully, the firends I go with are going to want to get there early, but is that necessary? We will be taking a cab from the hotel. Anyone who has ever been please shed some light on the subject. I am starting to get excited about the trip. TIA.

I grew up in Augusta and actually worked concessions a few years. Plus Ive attended the full week a few times. They will not run out of gear especially during the practice rounds. They are well stocked. It is a great time. You will enjoy it. I hope the weather works out, b/c it is awesome sitting on that grass drinking cold ones.

Kind of off subject but I just came across a club hat and bought it for $100. I jumped at the opportunity since in all my years Ive never come across one. I have a ton of Masters gear but never had a hat that was just a Augusta National hat.

I grew up in Augusta and actually worked concessions a few years. Plus Ive attended the full week a few times. They will not run out of gear especially during the practice rounds. They are well stocked. It is a great time. You will enjoy it. I hope the weather works out, b/c it is awesome sitting on that grass drinking cold ones.

Kind of off subject but I just came across a club hat and bought it for $100. I jumped at the opportunity since in all my years Ive never come across one. I have a ton of Masters gear but never had a hat that was just a Augusta National hat.

I heard that Fedex has a station outside the merch shop for mailing your souvies so that you won't have to carry them during the practice rounds...any truth to this? Please advise.

great time, players a little more accesible obviously. also, remember that the course is much much much hillier than it appears on television. the beauty of it is unbelievable. also, i dare you to find a Josh Gordon. you will notice that everything they sell comes in dark green containers so that if one of the billions of garbage pickers they employ misses it, it wont be visible on television. enjoy the trip, and try not to get behind any japanese business looking types in the souvenir line.

I'm heading down this year myself and this will be my 5th time but all of this is for work so I'm not at the course a whole lot. They do have shipping onsite so you can send your merchandise home directly from the course if you like. Make sure you bring a camera since they are allowed on the course for practice rounds only. You'll be able to get some great shots of the course and some of players as well. The merchandise shop runs out of a lot of stuff but not until much later in the week than Monday. The concessions on the course are so cheap too. There are no sponsors so I think beer is around $1.50 or so (maybe $2 max I think) and sandwiches are so cheap too. You can get pretty tipsy there (if you want) for $10.

• 2 weeks later...