[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas @ NYG

KOKIDKOKID

opening the season on a wednesday is ghey IMO

edit: 1st time I tried to type this my entire post had a line through , now you need a magnifying glass to read it. LOOOOOVIN this new board

Wednesday opening is because of the closing of one of the political conventions. Not sure if its ghey but its sucks if you're trying to hold a draft that week (we do ours on Tuesday, which means a mad rush to get rosters updated that night).

As far as your post and it being hard to read, sounds like at first you pressed the strikethrough button then maybe a font size button.

My biggest gripe so far (not expressed yet) is when I try to reposition the cursor (with the mouse, arrow keys, etc) it disappears and cannot tell if I got it right.

I always thought the first game was between the Super Bowl winner and the team it played in the conference championship (i.e. Giants vs 49ers). Guess not.

Nope. Actually, since they started having the defending Super Bowl champs host the kickoff game in 2004, they've only played the team they beat in the conference championship twice: Indy @ New England in 2004 and Minnesota @ New Orleans in 2010.

Nope. Actually, since they started having the defending Super Bowl champs host the kickoff game in 2004, they've only played the team they beat in the conference championship twice: Indy @ New England in 2004 and Minnesota @ New Orleans in 2010.

And it wouldn't be possible to have that game every season as those 2 teams may not play each other again the following season (because of current scheduling setup, although it would be possible since the top team in each division within the conference do play each other).

I assumed it would be Green Bay @ New York.

Me too, or the Saints, then BountyGate happened. Dallas is still a marquis matchup and the game will do a hugh number for NBC. Never know what will happen when these two meet.

Opening night, defending SB champs, division matchup, two big market teams, "America's Team" :sick: ....it will do a huge number.

Wasn't arguing that at all...it will do a hugh number for sure...but it could have been San Fran/New York, or Green Bay/New York, or New Orleans/Green Bay, or Baltimore/Pittsburgh, or Philly/New York, or Houston/New England...and it would have been equally as large.

The only reason Dallas could even be considered a "marquis" matchup is the support they get from the mindless drones that still think its the 1970's, and who's allegiance was determined by who was winning and on TV the most 40 years ago.

Wasn't arguing that at all...it will do a hugh number for sure...but it could have been San Fran/New York, or Green Bay/New York, or New Orleans/Green Bay, or Baltimore/Pittsburgh, or Philly/New York, or Houston/New England...and it would have been equally as large.

The only reason Dallas could even be considered a "marquis" matchup is the support they get from the mindless drones that still think its the 1970's, and who's allegiance was determined by who was winning and on TV the most 40 years ago.

5>0

Its all about ratings, not a team that is necessarily anygood. Current marquee ratings teams include DAL, PIT, NE, GB and to a lesser degree NYG, PHI, IND (with Peyton), maybe evne CHI, NO, NYJ, etc.

As an Eagles fan you should understand that, they're on national TV a lot whether they're winning or not. Often because they play other marquee teams (the whole NFC East more or less.) I'm no DAL fan or supporter, but do understand the NFL is a business, ratings = $$ and that is what the NFL and its broadcasters care about.

And to your other post about other potential matchups, I doubt most of those would be as big ratings in the opener, especially BAL/PIT, SF/NYG or HOU/NE, each with a teams that draw fewer fans. I know most of us would tune in even if it was CLE-STL because its the first real NFL game in 8 months, but we're not the casual fan which swells the ratings for big games.

Well I guess my decision on who to start - Eli or Matty Ice - in week 1 is now made. Let's Go Eli!!!

Last year they had the opportunity to have the Bears and Packers and didn't do it.....seems the idea is to get ratings so sponsors pay more each year......Packers ~Saints was a great game though!!