[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peters lost for season

i_am_the_swammi

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere, but the Eagles suffered a hugh loss today when All-Pro LT Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles tendon on Tuesday during team drills. An enormous loss for the Eagles running game and pass protection, as Peters was often the lineman you saw taking out LBs ad CBs downfield when the Eagles ran the patented delayed-draw. The Eagles could run that play so successfully because he is a tremendously athletic lineman capable of getting off blocks and getting downfield.

He will be missed this season, and potentially beyond.

I am assuming there is sarcasm here

:lol:

Yeah, there was. But at least they'd have a back-up. I found it interesting that the local paper is already penciling Justice in at RT. We'll see I guess. But surely the Eagles wouldn't have traded him if they knew Peters was gonna be done for the year. Would they?

Probably wouldn't have mattered. Justice can't play LT so he wouldn't have helped and I don't think they view him as an adequate RT either. They don't really have another LT on the roster riht now. Haven't heard anything about Herremans moving to LT which would have been the only way Justice would have gotten on the field

:lol:

Yeah, there was. But at least they'd have a back-up. I found it interesting that the local paper is already penciling Justice in at RT. We'll see I guess. But surely the Eagles wouldn't have traded him if they knew Peters was gonna be done for the year. Would they?

One could only hope we would still move him and maybe sign Ryan McNeil