[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening day is upon us again

buddahj

For the 2nd straight year, I'm taking my son to the Pirates home opener. I want to make it a tradition for as long as I possibly can. This year, my wife is off work, so, she is going on the trip with us. Hopefully my son will last more than 1 inning this year, but, if he does want to leave, my wife can just pick him up, as our hotel is right across the street from the stadium.

:coach: Lets Go Bucs !!!

• Like 1

For the 2nd straight year, I'm taking my son to the Pirates home opener. I want to make it a tradition for as long as I possibly can. This year, my wife is off work, so, she is going on the trip with us. Hopefully my son will last more than 1 inning this year, but, if he does want to leave, my wife can just pick him up, as our hotel is right across the street from the stadium.

:coach: Lets Go Bucs !!!

What, you didn't buy her a ticket? :lol:

Don't have opening day tickets this year for the first time in probably 15 years. Sad about it, but no biggie. Royals don't open at home until next Friday, so I may try and get some next week.

If they start out 1-5, they should be easier to get.

Went to the Dbacks opener. Was the 9th straight year I've gone. And I must say it was the best experience I've had yet. Was a sold out stadium, and the fans for the first time actually boo'ed when they were supposed to - when Lincecum took the mound, throws to first - nor did they cheer for EVERY fly ball. The place was electric - never been to a postseason baseball game, but now I wanna go.

Best of all, was a 3 game sweep of the Giants. Well on our way to a PERFECT season!

(And for what it's worth - Paul Goldschmidt is the real deal. Dude has a MONSTER swing!)

I attended the Tigers opening day again with ChuckB. Good game and the boys are off to a great start.

We could have met Furd for some pre-game debauchery. :sad:

Another beer and I would have puked on your Pumas. It was one of those beer buying frenzies when groups of people that know one another meet each other unexpectedly. We were in the tent at Nemos most of the pregame.

I'll be at the Mariners' home opener.

It's about 63 and sunny today (again), The King is on the hill, and the team of hungry little kids have started out 4-4. :yay:

Thought you weren't going?

Picking up my boy at school here shortly and driving down to Seattle to meet his grandpa and uncle. Looking forward to my first time wathcing Felix. This year I won't be sitting next to GTS's drunk foul mouthed friends with my son like last year. :yay:

Thought you weren't going?

Picking up my boy at school here shortly and driving down to Seattle to meet his grandpa and uncle. Looking forward to my first time wathcing Felix. This year I won't be sitting next to GTS's drunk foul mouthed friends with my son like last year. :yay:

Well if your son would have been a little more willing to chip in for his beer tab, I'm sure the situation wouldn't have escalated. :glare:

• 5 months later...

Went to the Dbacks opener. Was the 9th straight year I've gone. And I must say it was the best experience I've had yet. Was a sold out stadium, and the fans for the first time actually boo'ed when they were supposed to - when Lincecum took the mound, throws to first - nor did they cheer for EVERY fly ball. The place was electric - never been to a postseason baseball game, but now I wanna go.

Best of all, was a 3 game sweep of the Giants. Well on our way to a PERFECT season!

(And for what it's worth - Paul Goldschmidt is the real deal. Dude has a MONSTER swing!)

:D

A long hard fought season has turned into one of the many memorable moments the Giants have given me in recent years! Being this many games up on the Dodgers and Arizona is an amazing accomplishment and just goes to show you... It's not how you start it's how you finish :headbang:

:coach: Let's Go Giants!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

• 6 months later...