[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bountygate audio of Greg Williams

keggerz

Personally, I'm glad these audio tapes were destroyed just like the Spygate tapes from NE.

Go(o)dell laying down his "fair" laws again. IMHO, this makes Go(o)dell a JELLY BEAN and liar. A lot of respect lost for him that these tapes were released instead of destroyed.

The commish didn't release the tapes the guy making the documentary did

Point taken.

Nevertheless, I fail to believe that the control-monger RG1 has proven to be over the years, any all audio of anything and everything inside/outside/around/near any NFL facility/property is indeed actual property of the NFL and subject to his control. IMHO, this proves he had NO desire to keep this under wraps like he did when he allowed his best buddy Bob Kraft's organization off with a comparative slap on the wrist to what they should have received.

Gleason: Tape release not authorized

April, 6, 2012

Apr 6

10:13

AM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

Former New Orleans safety Steve Gleason has issued a statement saying he did not authorize release of tapes of former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams speaking to his players the night before a January playoff game with San Francisco.

The tapes were released by Sean Pamphilon, a filmmaker who was working on a project with Gleason, who is fighting ALS. Through Gleason, Pamphilon gained extensive access to the Saints last season.

“Sean Pamphilon and I have an agreement that all recordings ultimately belong to me and my family,’’ Gleason said in the statement. “Nothing can be released without my explicit approval. I did not authorize the public release of any recordings. A multitude of feelings have passed through me. I feel deflated and disappointed. I feel frustrated and distracted.’’

IMHO, this proves he had NO desire to keep this under wraps like he did when he allowed his best buddy Bob Kraft's organization off with a comparative slap on the wrist to what they should have received.

IIRC the Patriots didnt deny having the tapes and argued that it wasnt against the rules to make the tapes. They were wrong.

Now if they were sent memos and warned for 3 years and said they wouldnt make any tapes, and yet got caught 3 years later still making them , then you'd have something here

Gleason: Tape release not authorized April, 6, 2012 Apr 6 10:13 AM ET By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com Former New Orleans safety Steve Gleason has issued a statement saying he did not authorize release of tapes of former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gregg Williams speaking to his players the night before a January playoff game with San Francisco. The tapes were released by Sean Pamphilon, a filmmaker who was working on a project with Gleason, who is fighting ALS. Through Gleason, Pamphilon gained extensive access to the Saints last season. “Sean Pamphilon and I have an agreement that all recordings ultimately belong to me and my family,’’ Gleason said in the statement. “Nothing can be released without my explicit approval. I did not authorize the public release of any recordings. A multitude of feelings have passed through me. I feel deflated and disappointed. I feel frustrated and distracted.’’

the saints are victims!

• Like 1

Don't try to give the haters facts, they don't want to hear them. They hate that the new sheriff is killing their violent blood sport and want to crucify him.

So now we are back to Spygate somehow influencing what The Saints did og how they are punished................. :bash:

Nothing to do with the Saints, but I think there are still a lot of people, myself included, that think the Patriots got off way too easy for that. The Saints case only amplifies that thought because some think the Saints penalties, specifically for Payton, were too harsh and point toward Goodell acting on personal feelings between him & Payton rather than fitting the punishment to the crime.

Don't try to give the haters facts, they don't want to hear them. They hate that the new sheriff is killing their violent blood sport and want to crucify him.

Again, I fail to believe that RG1 didn't 1) know about these tapes and 2) have them confiscated. Heck, look at the back of any ticket stub - you can't so much as fart in any NFL venue without them trademarking the scent and copywriting your ass... RG1 makes it a point to know EVERYTHING about what happens in and around the League.

If asking for equitable treatment is being a hater, then, yes, I am a hater. And really... I have no allegiance to GW, the Saints, or feel that the Rams (my team) got shafted now that we're looking for a new DC this late in the game.

Just my :2cents: though.

My problem isn't that he's supposedly trying to clean up the game and make it more safe for the players. My problem is why he's doing it & the hypocritical nature of it. Just a few short years ago the league was trying to dismiss and hide the effects of long-term head trauma to avoid the law suits they are facing now. Now all-of-a-sudden they are all about cleaning up the game and acting all righteous, but at the same time fighting to add more games to the season which IMO is a slap in the face to the idea of player safety.

Again, I fail to believe that RG1 didn't 1) know about these tapes and 2) have them confiscated. Heck, look at the back of any ticket stub - you can't so much as fart in any NFL venue without them trademarking the scent and copywriting your ass... RG1 makes it a point to know EVERYTHING about what happens in and around the League.

If asking for equitable treatment is being a hater, then, yes, I am a hater. And really... I have no allegiance to GW, the Saints, or feel that the Rams (my team) got shafted now that we're looking for a new DC this late in the game.

Just my :2cents: though.

My guess is this tape is actually what ultimately did the Saints in with Goodell. But I'm guessing this guy has more copies. ESPN had a guy from Yahoo on this morning that said Pamphilon was having financial problems & sold him the tape. Pamphilon's excuse for giving it to Yahoo was that he was doing it "for the kids" and not the money, which makes no sense to me. The story is already out, why release this tape?

Nothing to do with the Saints, but I think there are still a lot of people, myself included, that think the Patriots got off way too easy for that. The Saints case only amplifies that thought because some think the Saints penalties, specifically for Payton, were too harsh and point toward Goodell acting on personal feelings between him & Payton rather than fitting the punishment to the crime.

This makes sense except for the part about Goodell acting on behalf of his personal feelings. Come on, this is nonsense and you know it!

This makes sense except for the part about Goodell acting on behalf of his personal feelings. Come on, this is nonsense and you know it!

Why is it nonsense? If you don't believe the punishment fits the crime then what other reason does Goodell have for making it so harsh? He could have gotten the same message across with a far lesser penalty. And if you think I'm the only one that feels this way then take a quick browse around the internet. Even most of the folks who were really butt-hurt over this said they thought the punishment was too stiff.

Edited by rajncajn

Why is it nonsense? If you don't believe the punishment fits the crime then what other reason does Goodell have for making it so harsh? He could have gotten the same message across with a far lesser penalty. And if you think I'm the only one that feels this way then take a quick browse around the internet. Even most of the folks who were really butt-hurt over this said they thought the punishment was too stiff.

So if the punishment doesn't fit the crime, then personal feelings are the only reason why?

I'll have to take your word for it, no time to browse around the internet. While I guess some think the punishment is harsh that has come from a few groups

1) Saints fans

2) people who just don't like Goodell and think he is ruining the NFL

3) former players and others who say "everybody is doing it"

While most other people seem to think a large part of the severe punishment is due to the lying, cover up, and failing to do what the NFL told them (cut it out). Really no different than somebody being punished for a crime and getting the stiffer sentence for not showing remorse, not cooperating with authorities, denying they ever did anything.

Its your choice to believe that Goodell is doing it for personal reasons. But don't expect others to agree with that.

I'll have to take your word for it, no time to browse around the internet. While I guess some think the punishment is harsh that has come from a few groups

1) Saints fans

2) people who just don't like Goodell and think he is ruining the NFL

3) former players and others who say "everybody is doing it"

While most other people seem to think a large part of the severe punishment is due to the lying, cover up, and failing to do what the NFL told them (cut it out). Really no different than somebody being punished for a crime and getting the stiffer sentence for not showing remorse, not cooperating with authorities, denying they ever did anything.

Its your choice to believe that Goodell is doing it for personal reasons. But don't expect others to agree with that.

Even some of the harshest critics were saying this.

So, having cameras in a place they are not supposed to be is on the same level as having a money for injuring opposing players system and having the coaching staff giving 'inspirational' speeches to the team on hitting the heads of concussed players, complete with requests for players taking out other players ACLs and potentially ending careers? All the while with the coaching staff forking over a few large per hit?

:okay: Gotcha.

I have been mostly quiet on this because I really understand what you are going through. I did not think 'spygate' was anywhere near as big of a deal as others did, but that says it all, no? Really...don't try and drag another organization down with you. It just makes things worse for you.

BTW, Note that the Pats did not appeal any spygate punishment. BB Paid his $500,000 fine and the team choked up it's draft pick quietly.

This would be best served if it Saints Homers just let it go.

So, having cameras in a place they are not supposed to be is on the same level as having a money for injuring opposing players system and having the coaching staff giving 'inspirational' speeches to the team on hitting the heads of concussed players, complete with requests for players taking out other players ACLs and potentially ending careers? All the while with the coaching staff forking over a few large per hit?

:okay: Gotcha.

Where do you get that I was saying that at all? I was only commenting on why it continues to be brought up. A lot of people didn't think Goodell came down hard enough on the Patriots. A lot of people think he came down too hard on the Saints. The crimes have no relation whatsoever. The only implication that I was making was that Goodell may have shown preferential treatment to the Patriots, while doing just the opposite with the Saints. In no way was I trying to say the two crimes were alike. :rolleyes:

I have been mostly quiet on this because I really understand what you are going through. I did not think 'spygate' was anywhere near as big of a deal as others did, but that says it all, no? Really...don't try and drag another organization down with you. It just makes things worse for you.

Well of course you don't, you're a Patriots fan.

BTW, Note that the Pats did not appeal any spygate punishment. BB Paid his $500,000 fine and the team choked up it's draft pick quietly.

This would be best served if it Saints Homers just let it go.

Why would they appeal? They got off easy. :shrug:

My guess is this tape is actually what ultimately did the Saints in with Goodell. But I'm guessing this guy has more copies. ESPN had a guy from Yahoo on this morning that said Pamphilon was having financial problems & sold him the tape. Pamphilon's excuse for giving it to Yahoo was that he was doing it "for the kids" and not the money, which makes no sense to me. The story is already out, why release this tape?

Since the story is already out why NOT release the tape? If anything it does away with the "he said, she said" it clearly shows what was going on...people that hear it can now make their own INFORMED decision based on what they have heard, and not just on what has been REPORTED to have happened/been said.

Nothing to do with the Saints, but I think there are still a lot of Saints fans and Patriot haters, myself included, that think the Patriots got off way too easy for that. The Saints case only amplifies that thought because some think the Saints penalties, specifically for Payton, were too harsh and point toward Goodell acting on personal feelings between him & Payton rather than fitting the punishment to the crime.

Fixed