[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

Haters gonna hate, that's how people say dumb things: without Jacoby Jones then 300 yards and 3 TDs make him the goat of the game. That's simply one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.

Playoff wins in every one of his first 5 years and hit the jackpot this year. Yes he's in the conversation for sure. :rofl:

Edited by Pope Flick

i knew this was gonna happen. Pope comes running to a thread he was right on. Wow....way to contribute to a thread and call somebody out WAaaaaaY AFTER the post was made. MaN..YOu my friend, are genius.

And I would LOVE...LOOOOOVE to see your short list.

You're drunk, again.

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate, that's how people say dumb things: without Jacoby Jones then 300 yards and 3 TDs make him the goat of the game. That's simply one of the stupidest things I've ever read here.

Playoff wins in every one of his first 5 years and hit the jackpot this year. Yes he's in the conversation for sure. :rofl:

What conversation ?

If you are saying he is in the conversation with Rodgers, Brady, Manning & Brees, I disagree.

If you are saying he is in the conversation with the next tier down, then I agree, he is at least "in the conversation".

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate, that's how people say dumb things: without Jacoby Jones then 300 yards and 3 TDs make him the goat of the game.

When you say "without", it's usually more accurate to "take out" the without part. 287 yards - the 56 from Jones' catch = 231 and 2 TD's. Offense went dormant in the 2nd half. That's very mediocre, and without Jones' TD's it's a 31-20 loss and Flacco would have caught the brunt of the criticism. Goat might be a strong word, but you can bet no one would have blamed Reed, Lewis, or Ray Rice for it.

Face it Pope, you and Flacco are the only ones that think he is the best, or even in the conversation for the best. As others have stated top QBs (Brady, Rodges, Brees, Peyton), how is he in that conversation? Sure you can include him with the next tier down.

I get kegs point that these guys have to believe in themselves. But saying you're the best, when you clearly are not even close is just crazy. People are going to call him out, and they're not haters, just people who recognize bullchives when they see it. If he was asked if he was elite and threw out "I'm the best" he was foolish.

Face it Pope, you and Flacco are the only ones that think he is the best, or even in the conversation for the best. As others have stated top QBs (Brady, Rodges, Brees, Peyton), how is he in that conversation? Sure you can include him with the next tier down.

I get kegs point that these guys have to believe in themselves. But saying you're the best, when you clearly are not even close is just crazy. People are going to call him out, and they're not haters, just people who recognize bullchives when they see it. If he was asked if he was elite and threw out "I'm the best" he was foolish.

Face it what? We're of different opinions. You want 5 more years of stats. I say in his 5 years in the league and career record for road playoff wins, throwing 11 TDs to 0 INTs this post season he is in the short list group for NFL QBs, if we're assuming results actually matter. So waht if he's not putting up Aaron Rodgers stats? He doesn't have to because he's got a D. All things considered, in this 'what have you done for me lately' league you most certainly can talk about him in the top tier w/ Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers. You could have said the same thing about Rothlisberger at one point but that's another story, as he wouldn't be included currently.

This stuff fluctuates, but he delivered. The numbers speak for themselves. You disagree - face it that's ok dude.

Face it what? We're of different opinions. You want 5 more years of stats. I say in his 5 years in the league and career record for road playoff wins, throwing 11 TDs to 0 INTs this post season he is in the short list group for NFL QBs, if we're assuming results actually matter. So waht if he's not putting up Aaron Rodgers stats? He doesn't have to because he's got a D. All things considered, in this 'what have you done for me lately' league you most certainly can talk about him in the top tier w/ Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers. You could have said the same thing about Rothlisberger at one point but that's another story, as he wouldn't be included currently.

This stuff fluctuates, but he delivered. The numbers speak for themselves. You disagree - face it that's ok dude.

Ok, so reading this your sole basis for Flacco's ability at QB is what his team has done. You said he doesn't need to put up Rodger's stats becuase he has a good D. Does that make him as good as Rodgers. BTW, I did say the same thing about Ben when people were saying he was great. But then he never said he was the best, and neither was anybody else.

You seem to be saying "Flacco is elite, and in discussion for the best, that is enough to justify his statement." The vast majority of people (including here) disagree with that. We're not haters as you label us.

I'm trying to figure out which other QB won the Super Bowl this year.

So Trent Dilfer was the best QB in the NFL the year he won the SB? Is that your sole criteria? It seems to be a big part Pope's argument. Them winning a title doesn't make them better than the proven elite QBs.

All things considered, in this 'what have you done for me lately' league you most certainly can talk about him in the top tier w/ Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers. You could have said the same thing about Rothlisberger at one point but that's another story, as he wouldn't be included currently.

And that's why we want X more years. Fleeting success, especially with that kind of support, doesn't get one in the conversation. The big 4 have done it year in, year out, with far less support than Flacco got.

So Trent Dilfer was the best QB in the NFL the year he won the SB? Is that your sole criteria? It seems to be a big part Pope's argument. Them winning a title doesn't make them better than the proven elite QBs.

No he meant Brad Johnson. Dilfer would just be silly.

No, that's oversimplifying it, thanks. He wins playoff games every year and if you want someone who looks to be on an upward trajectory this is a nice example. He's slowly and steadily delivered whereas flashier guys like Rivers, Cutler (cough) and Romo - time and again - have not. He's earned his spot in the conversation and told us so last August. Well played. :clap:

When you say "without", it's usually more accurate to "take out" the without part. 287 yards - the 56 from Jones' catch = 231 and 2 TD's. Offense went dormant in the 2nd half. That's very mediocre, and without Jones' TD's it's a 31-20 loss and Flacco would have caught the brunt of the criticism. Goat might be a strong word, but you can bet no one would have blamed Reed, Lewis, or Ray Rice for it.

and don't forget that on that long td reception, jones had to work for it. that ball was tremendously underthrown. he had at least 5-10 yards on the db and had to dive for a short ball. then db misses a touch while down. he gets up, makes a great effort to get in the ez.

edit: changed 10=15 yards to 5-10.

Edited by Bier Meister

No, that's oversimplifying it, thanks. He wins playoff games every year and if you want someone who looks to be on an upward trajectory this is a nice example. He's slowly and steadily delivered whereas flashier guys like Rivers, Cutler (cough) and Romo - time and again - have not. He's earned his spot in the conversation and told us so last August. Well played. :clap:

You must think you're being funny and insightful. Flacco isn't the best QB in the NFL, but he has proven he is better than he was getting credit for by some. But you seem to keep playing this game of gotcha where you think you've proven everybody wrong who claims there is no way he is the best QB, and doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation. Its funny how this last post compares him to guys that nobody here has thrown into the discussion of BEST NFL QB. Rivers, Cutler and Romo, seriously.

top QBs - Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton

next tier - Eli, Ryan, Ben, Flacco

next tier - a bunch of guys including Rivers, Cutler and Romo

You're either delusional or just playing games, either way I'm done.

This is pure comedy.

which part?

i think he is an excellent qb, but not on the level of payton, brady, rodgers, brees. i see him as being very similar to matt ryan and would be happy to have either on the 9ers. better than eli, rivers. hard to assess vs ben and romo.

• Like 1

which part?

i think he is an excellent qb, but not on the level of payton, brady, rodgers, brees. i see him as being very similar to matt ryan and would be happy to have either on the 9ers. better than eli, rivers. hard to assess vs ben and romo.

Everyone is taking his statement far too literally. It was a pep rally type event, hosted by a radio station. What did you want him to say?

That is certainly a big part of my criteria. I am also basing it on the list of QBs he defeated AND out played along the way to winning that game.