[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

You forgot -sucked Dick Lebeau's left tit while Cowher sucked his right

Obviously, you are over-playing Lebeau's influence a bit, and down-playing Roethlisberger and Cowher's roles in the Steelers success. However, I completely agree with the general consensus. The one person most responsible for the Steelers success over the last 10 years is Dick Lebeau. It is absolutely amazing that his defenses continue to rank towards the top, despite the turnover and aging that has taken place. It will be sad day in Steelerland when Lebeau hangs it up.

I agree with you and would trade Romo for Flacco in a hearbeat. Flacco can manage a game, and make throws when needed. That is the true formula for winning in the NFL. Has nothing to do with stats, it's all about wins and losses.

Just my opinion. Flame on!

This. A few years back, Rivers looked like he could make a push into the conversation. Didn't happen. Same with Romo. And sorry if you apples to apples Flacco and Matt Ryan on an NFL level it isn't close quite honestly.

Flacco came into this year on an upward trajectory with a fantastic 4 year run in the playoffs and just ran to the SB MVP in his 5th. He's done more in his first 5 years than any of the elite QBs that most of us agree on than anyone besides Brady. And that includes Rodgers (rode the pine for 3), Brees (ok but only ok in SD for 6) and Peyton Manning who went 0-3 in the postseason his first 5 years.

This. A few years back, Rivers looked like he could make a push into the conversation. Didn't happen. Same with Romo. And sorry if you apples to apples Flacco and Matt Ryan on an NFL level it isn't close quite honestly.

Flacco came into this year on an upward trajectory with a fantastic 4 year run in the playoffs and just ran to the SB MVP in his 5th. He's done more in his first 5 years than any of the elite QBs that most of us agree on than anyone besides Brady. And that includes Rodgers (rode the pine for 3), Brees (ok but only ok in SD for 6) and Peyton Manning who went 0-3 in the postseason his first 5 years.

i have high praise for flacco, but how can you ignore the other elements these team brought with them to the playoffs. for the record, i have been more harsh on qb's who have had strong rb's and defenses during the early periods of their careers (roethlisberger and brady come to mind).

i have high praise for flacco, but how can you ignore the other elements these team brought with them to the playoffs. for the record, i have been more harsh on qb's who have had strong rb's and defenses during the early periods of their careers (roethlisberger and brady come to mind).

I don't get it either. Or saying Flacco is better than Rodgers and using the latters 3 years backing up Favre as part of the justification. Its beyond nonsense so I gave up arguing with him. He says we play with semantics when we want to say "he isn't the best", well he isn't and most rational people know that.

If you are only going by winning, then Roethlisberger accomplished more, faster.

Playoffs first year (14-1 regular season), lost in AFC Championship

Super Bowl Champs 2nd year (He had a terrible Super Bowl, but, an almost perfect playoff run)

3rd Year - No Playoffs

4th Year - Lost 1st round of playoffs

5th Year - Super Bowl Championship

6th Year - No Playoffs

7th Year - Super Bowl Appearance

That is all well in good, but, I think everyone agrees that Roethlisberger does not belong in the top tier with Peyton, Brady, Rodgers & Brees. It is a combination of winning and performance. You can't base it solely on one or the other. You have to take a combination of both.

Exactly.

I don't get it either. Or saying Flacco is better than Rodgers and using the latters 3 years backing up Favre as part of the justification. Its beyond nonsense so I gave up arguing with him. He says we play with semantics when we want to say "he isn't the best", well he isn't and most rational people know that.

You can't read. I'm not saying 'he's the best' I'm saying he belongs in the "Elite QB" conversation. I said people who laughed at him should eat some crow. That's about it.

Serious question - do you think Rodgers benefitted at all from not taking a snap for 3 years and getting up to speed behind Favre? If your answer is no then you should walk away. But I'll respectfully submit that Flacco coming out of Delaware as a starting NFL QB from the get go has done some extremely impressive things in his first 5 years. Things very few have EVER done. Each QB has their own circumstances they succeed under. I'm not taking anything away from any of them, simply pointing out that out of the gate Flacco has done well for himself, and deserves his spot in the conversation.

• Like 1

With all due respect, we are arguing about who is thebest QB in football right now. To argue that at this exact moment in time it is anyone other than the Super Bowl MVP who outduled every QB in his path, makes little sense.

Bier reads me like an old book. :lol:

With all due respect, we are arguing about who is thebest QB in football right now. To argue that at this exact moment in time it is anyone other than the Super Bowl MVP who outduled every QB in his path, makes little sense.

Bier reads me like an old book. :lol:

:D

the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. but i will say that flacco's 2013 playoff performance ranks as top notch.

"I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best.

And like Manning before him Flacci stakes out his position and delivers.

You can't read. I'm not saying 'he's the best' I'm saying he belongs in the "Elite QB" conversation.

He said he was the best. You said he staked his claim and delivered. Now you say you aren't saying he's the best, just "elite".

So either you've changed your mind, forgotten what you said in the first place, or are trolling. Which is it?

Trolls are people with about 1700 posts trying to wiggle out of being caught in their own game and continues using semantics.

I'll play: you said:

And that's why we want X more years. Fleeting success, especially with that kind of support, doesn't get one in the conversation. The big 4 have done it year in, year out, with far less support than Flacco got.

Yet, in fact Rodgers has only been off the bench for as many years as Flacco's been active; has as many SB rings and nearly HALF the playoff wins.

Yet to you Rodgers is elite and Flacco sucks.

Drew Brees has only really been "elite" in his career only once he went to NO and was joined by Sean Payton which was... six seasons ago. Another guy you pegged as "elite" who has as many SB rings and - again - as many playoff wins as Flacco but it took him twice the years in his career as he wasn't all that for those 5 years in San Diego.

But Brees is elite and Flacco sucks.

Who's trolling again? You're ignoring your own arguments to not have to say you're wrong... chives off and stop talking out of your ass. Even if your BS semantics game was spot on (and it's far from it) the CRITERIA you throw around to back up your position of the ELITE definition are met by Flacco. :rofl:

Mine is a matter of opinion which isn't really disprovable (he belongs in the conversation because he backed up his talk) - but you are creating your own criteria with this argument that Flacco meets but you exclude him because you can't admit you're wrong.

Child.

Edited by Pope Flick

I never said Flacco sucks. I said I like him, and that he's ascending, not sure how that's so confusing.

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm not? Gotcha.

You still haven't addressed the contradiction between your statements.

Dropping F bombs? Really? That's super productive, congrats on that.

In the absence of a rational discussion, I'm done here.

Your discussion has been anything but rational:

You: he needs to show X, Y, and Z like the others have.

Me: He has, look at the stats you are making a criteria.

You: Oh, nevermind about that, he still sucks.

That's not an opinion, that's a failure to recognize what you're saying.

Rationality, flemingd stlye! :woot:

And you never answered my question from above but I guess I shouldn't be surprised from the guy who started calling people "trolls" :lol: when his own logic falls apart. Well done! :clap:

Edited by Pope Flick

You can't read. I'm not saying 'he's the best' I'm saying he belongs in the "Elite QB" conversation. I said people who laughed at him should eat some crow. That's about it.

Serious question - do you think Rodgers benefitted at all from not taking a snap for 3 years and getting up to speed behind Favre? If your answer is no then you should walk away. But I'll respectfully submit that Flacco coming out of Delaware as a starting NFL QB from the get go has done some extremely impressive things in his first 5 years. Things very few have EVER done. Each QB has their own circumstances they succeed under. I'm not taking anything away from any of them, simply pointing out that out of the gate Flacco has done well for himself, and deserves his spot in the conversation.

Actually I can read fine. You started the tread about his staement he is the best. I laughed at that then. After he won the SB and was named MVP you popped off that we should all eat crow, and if we do not we are just haters. Well I still laugh at his statement that he is the best, and have no reason to eay any crow. (I never said he wasn't good. Just that he is in no way near the best.)

Now does he deserve to be in the discussion of elite QBs in the NFL, sure in tier 2 with Ryan, Ben, and some others. But in tier 1 (the best) with Peyton, Brees, Brady and Rodgers, NO WAY.

Sure Rodgers benefited from sitting and learning, but he also didn't have 3 years to play and make the playoffs and win games. You seem to give Flacco extra points for having an opportunity that Rodgers did not.

Not sure why I bother to respond, its clear you're trolling, fishing or just being a dick. As DOG pointed out, you have made it sound like you agree with his statement that he is the best, and are now wiggling out of that.

PS You're 13000+ posts don't mean squat except you post alot and have been here for a long time. Doens't make you an expert.

Ok, keep moving your goal posts. And YES Flacco should get a distinct nod up since he started producing playoff victories at a faster pace than Aaron Rodgers while not being a 3 year apprentice.

But you think a guy who's just won his fiist playoff game in the same time frame as a guy who won NINE is about the same. :wacko:

Stick around to 13000 posts and you might learn something here.