[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco: "I'm the best QB in the NFL"

Bronco Billy

Ok, keep moving your goal posts. And YES Flacco should get a distinct nod up since he started producing playoff victories at a faster pace than Aaron Rodgers while not being a 3 year apprentice.

But you think a guy who's just won his fiist playoff game in the same time frame as a guy who won NINE is about the same. :wacko:

Stick around to 13000 posts and you might learn something here.

I have learned a lot here, but nothing from you in this thread. Except that you like to twist words and backpedal, then tell others that they are changing their position.

PS No I don't think Rodgers is better than Flacco, I KNOW IT. So does 99.99999% of the population.

I did some digging and found some stats that will put this argument to rest...won't say which side the stats are for or against...you'll have to wait until I am done writing my article first...I think they call that a teaser

i have high praise for flacco, but how can you ignore the other elements these team brought with them to the playoffs

I tend to agree but let's not forget the Ravens D gave up 35 and 31 in two of their playoff games this yr. They also scored 34, 28, 38 and 24..it's not like the D carried them this postseason.

Flacco impressed me alot in the last month. Id be thrilled to have him if I was a Ravens fan

I did some digging and found some stats that will put this argument to rest...won't say which side the stats are for or against...you'll have to wait until I am done writing my article first...I think they call that a teaser

Merrill Hodge already put it to rest. :woot:

I tend to agree but let's not forget the Ravens D gave up 35 and 31 in two of their playoff games this yr. They also scored 34, 28, 38 and 24..it's not like the D carried them this postseason.

Flacco impressed me alot in the last month. Id be thrilled to have him if I was a Ravens fan

i have already spoken to his exemplary post season.... but my comment that you quoted had more to do with his/their earlier success, when his defense was still very potent and he has not lacked talent at rb since he came in. he started out looking great this year....fizzled a bit and then had a couple of up-ticks in the 2nd half of the season. i am currently looking at 24 passing categories...he is top 10 in 4: yds/pass comp (10th); pass int % (5th); game winning drives (5th); and comebacks (3rd)... he had 22 td's with 10 ints. he is a fine qb.. still not elite.

i have already spoken to his exemplary post season.... but my comment that you quoted had more to do with his/their earlier success, when his defense was still very potent and he has not lacked talent at rb since he came in. he started out looking great this year....fizzled a bit and then had a couple of up-ticks in the 2nd half of the season. i am currently looking at 24 passing categories...he is top 10 in 4: yds/pass comp (10th); pass int % (5th); game winning drives (5th); and comebacks (3rd)... he had 22 td's with 10 ints. he is a fine qb.. still not elite.

are you looking at just this year or his entire 5 yrs?

Ok, keep moving your goal posts. And YES Flacco should get a distinct nod up since he started producing playoff victories at a faster pace than Aaron Rodgers while not being a 3 year apprentice.

But you think a guy who's just won his fiist playoff game in the same time frame as a guy who won NINE is about the same. :wacko:

Stick around to 13000 posts and you might learn something here.

Roethlisberger had far more playoff success (with better overall statistics), than Flacco has at this point in his career, so, I assume based on the main points of your agrument that you believe that Roethlisberger was better than Flacco at this point in their careers, right ?

Ben had two Super Bowl appearances and wins.

HIs QB Ratings during those 5 years: 98.1, 98.6, 75.4, 104.1, 80.1

Flaco's ratings during his first 5 year: 80.3, 88.9, 93.6, 80.9, 87.7

Edited by Menudo

Roethlisberger had far more playoff success (with better overall statistics), than Flacco has at this point in his career, so, I assume based on the main points of your agrument that you believe that Roethlisberger was better than Flacco at this point in their careers, right ?

Ben had two Super Bowl appearances and wins.

HIs QB Ratings during those 5 years: 98.1, 98.6, 75.4, 104.1, 80.1

Flaco's ratings during his first 5 year: 80.3, 88.9, 93.6, 80.9, 87.7

Yes, and I alluded to such in one of my earliest posts. Absolutely. Look, I'm just not swooned with regular season statistics. This is a postseason game and what you do there is all that matters. How someone can argue that Flacco is only as good as Matt Ryan when he has 8 more playoff victories in the same career span dumb. Not a fan of the guy personally, but there's no doubt Roeth knows how to win and yea another ring to get him to 3? Well, chives he's good and yes 3 rings in a career is elite. So what if he doesn't break passing records. Dan Marino anyone?

Yes, and I alluded to such in one of my earliest posts. Absolutely. Look, I'm just not swooned with regular season statistics. This is a postseason game and what you do there is all that matters. How someone can argue that Flacco is only as good as Matt Ryan when he has 8 more playoff victories in the same career span dumb. Not a fan of the guy personally, but there's no doubt Roeth knows how to win and yea another ring to get him to 3? Well, chives he's good and yes 3 rings in a career is elite. So what if he doesn't break passing records. Dan Marino anyone?

Is Flacco better than Peyton Manning?

Is Flacco better than Peyton Manning?

If I'm starting a team today, I'm taking Flacco over Manning. At this point in time, I'd say they're more or less equal although Manning's first 5 regular seasons were very impressive compared to Flacco's he just clearly didn't have the postseason success.

Just don't get me started on Manning's one SB ring. :angry:

Edited by Pope Flick

If I'm starting a team today, I'm taking Flacco over Manning. At this point in time, I'd say they're more or less equal although Manning's first 5 regular seasons were very impressive compared to Flacco's he just clearly didn't have the postseason success.

Way to avoid the question.

I'm not a fan of the guy personally, and he QB's my favorite team. :bash:

You can look someone in the face and say that Joe Flacco is "more or less" equal to Peyton Manning as a QB. :shocking: You are entitled to your opinion, but, wow. :shocking:

• Like 1

I evaluate QB's with equal parts ability, statistics, post-season success, championships, ability to win and team circumstances. My current top 10, based on accomplishments to this point in their career.

1. Peyton Manning - He and Brady are close, but, I believe he is the best QB to ever play the game.

2. Tom Brady - He is phenomenal, and his numbers and accomplishments speak for themselves.

3. Drew Brees - The guy is lethal in the passing game, and has had a great career for a guy considered too small to succeed

4. Aaron Rodgers - (I see him surpassing Brees by the time their careers are over.) - Still on the rise and does so many things well

5. Eli Manning - The guy has simply got it done when it has mattered most. He has some phenomenal clutch performances.

6. Ben Roethlisberger - The guy knows how to win, but, is lower than Eli despite one more SB appearance, as he has benefitted from team strength.

7. Joe Flacco - He wouldn't even have been on this list prior to this year's playoffs, but, his epic run can't be ignored.

8. Matt Ryan - He is missing the post-season success, but, he is still young, and I think that success will come.

9. Phillip Rivers - The guy is very talented, but, just hasn't been able to put it together and go all the way.

10. Tony Romo - Another guy with a lot of skill who seems to be missing the "it" factor that leads to winning. He is starting to run out of time to get it done.

(I believe that Andrew Luck, RG3 & Kaepernick have great shots at moving up the list throughout the years, but, it is too early for them to be there now. Stafford, Newton, Wilson & Dalton have potential as well.)

Edited by Menudo
  • Like 1