[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tourney II

muck

I got lucky with a couple of 7 letter words at the start.

Guess I am waiting for the gopher's wife v. Chief jay/timmy..... Right?

Yep... You're ahead of everyone else. You are in the Final Four, while ChiefJay and Timmy are still in the round of 16.

Updated... DS and Dug are in the Final Four.

#32 Gopher's Wife

vs

#8 Timmypg vs #24 Chiefjay

#4 Tonorator

vs

#5 Dug

#15 Swammi

vs

#23 CapN'Grunge

#3 DMD

vs

#6 Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez defeats DMD

495 - 246

434 - 322

Never had a chance. Nothing like starting out with no vowels while falling behind by 100+ and then having to end up setting him up for big words the rest of the way. I was pitiful.

Never had a chance. Nothing like starting out with no vowels while falling behind by 100+ and then having to end up setting him up for big words the rest of the way. I was pitiful.

I told you after you didn't pass a game to me....No mercy, Dorey! Then you went and swapped tiles on a bad rack instead of passing to me the next turn! :nono:

Good tight game with Swammi until the end where I had a couple openings and was able to capitalize 415-344.

Sanchez...looks like we got next. Not sure I like my chances given the outcome of your matches with DMD who is a damn good player. shanson24 when you are ready.

Good tight game with Swammi until the end where I had a couple openings and was able to capitalize 415-344.

Sanchez...looks like we got next. Not sure I like my chances given the outcome of your matches with DMD who is a damn good player. shanson24 when you are ready.

Yep, a very worthy opponent...one in which I now know never to leave the slightest door open. :lol: solid wins after dropping the opening match....good luck going forward :tup:

She texted me, saying that she feels kind of bad that she's been getting mostly great letter combinations.

I'll say. I figured she would beat me but a few of those words lined up perfectly for her. Not sure I would have saw the same thing had I had them but they aren't even crazy words, pretty normal.

I'm toast in one game, hoping for a comeback in the other.

I was able to pull out ahead right near the end in two tightly contested games with Dirty Sanchez to advance to the final round.

427 - 389

444 - 401

Well played Dirty.

Good luck. Watch out for CaP'N and his 7 letter bombs. Still can't believe I lost that first game!

Updated....

#32 Gopher's Wife / #5 Dug

vs

#23 CapN'Grunge

Sounds like Chiefjay ran into the buzzsaw that is my wife, combined with the fact that she caught a bunch of breaks (making it pretty ugly). If I remember right, she said one score was 500-something to less than 200. The other one was closer, but still a pretty good beatdown. No worries, Chief... You're not the first to have that happen to you. I'm in the middle of two games with her right now, and I'm contemplating resigning in both of them. :lol:

Not sure what the status is, between her and Dug, but I think she said she's winning that one as well. So, the question becomes this... What happens if she wins this thing, given that she was a last-minute fill-in? Do we invite her back, as the defending champ, or just conveniently forget to tell her about WWF Tourney III (assuming we can easily fill 32 teams)? :whistle: