[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swiss' mock draft

Swiss Cheezhead

1 Indianapolis Colts – A. Luck

2 Washington Redskins (from St. Louis) – R. Griffin III

3* Buffalo Bills (from Minnesota Vikings) – M. Kalil

4 Cleveland Browns – T. Richardson

5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – M. Barron

6 St. Louis Rams (from Washington) – J. Blackmon

7 Jacksonville Jaguars – M. Claiborne

8 Miami Dolphins – R. Tannehill

9 Carolina Panthers – Q. Coples

10* Minnesota Vikings (from Buffalo Bills) – Stephon Gilmore

11 Kansas City Chiefs – L. Kuechly

12* Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle Seahawks) – F. Cox

13 Arizona Cardinals – D. DeCastro

14* New York Jets (from Dallas Cowboys) – M. Ingram

15* Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia Eagles) – M. Brockers

16* Cleveland Browns (from New York Jets via Dallas) – M. Floyd

17 Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland) – D. Poe

18 San Diego Chargers – S. Hill

19 Chicago Bears – W. Mercilus

20 Tennessee Titans – D. Hightower

21 Cincinnati Bengals – R. Reiff

22* Dallas Cowboys (from Atlanta via Cleveland) – D. Kirkpatrick

23 Detroit Lions – T. Johnson

24 Pittsburgh Steelers – C. Glenn

25 Denver Broncos – D. Martin

26 Houston Texans – R. Randle

27 New England Patriots (from New Orleans) – C. Upshaw

28 Green Bay Packers – C. Jones

29 Baltimore Ravens – K. Zeitler

30 San Francisco 49ers – I. Silatolu

31 New England Patriots – D. Still

32 New York Giants – C. Fleener

Interesting with some trades thrown in.

I wasn't considering the chance that somebody trades with MIN and then doesn't take Richardson.

I think they're leaning toward Kalil, and that's their leverage -- much like it was for the Browns in 2006, when Phil Savage was ok with Ngata or Wimbley, but convinced Ozzie Newsome he was leaning toward Ngata, the Ravens' target. He got Newsome to trade a 6th-round pick to move up one spot, just based on Savage's poker face.

I also think Buffalo is still in "splash mode," trying to turn their decent team into a playoff contender. They know OT is by far their biggest need, and I don't think they'd have to give up next year's 1st-rounder to move to #3. Probably a 2nd and 3rd.

I think the Vikings will want more than a 2nd or 3rd to move back 7 spots. They will be looking for a Rams type of deal. Here is the quote by Speilman:

“Can you still get an impact player by trading back?” Spielman said. “Looking at our draft board and the depth of this board, we still think there’s a lot of good value in that first round if you go back X amount of spots and can still get an impact player.”

Spielman said it would take an offer “almost too good to be true” to finalize a trade before the draft begins. Instead, the Vikings are likely to take a more patient approach.

I think the Vikings will want more than a 2nd or 3rd to move back 7 spots. They will be looking for a Rams type of deal. Here is the quote by Speilman:

Well, I did say a "2nd and a 3rd."

And the "almost too good to be true" quote was specifically referencing a trade prior to the start of the draft. Once they're on the clock, it certainly won't take a blockbuster, RGIII-type of offer. That's just silly. They have a lot of needs, and if they're not in love with Kalil, they can still get great value at 10. And if they ARE in love with Kalil, I'm not sure what all the posturing is about.

If I were Spielman, I'd take Kalil and call it a day. Then I'd sleep well tonight.

Best Vikes hope for trading #3 is to Tampa bay and still gettting an impact player at #5 (Kalil?). Buffalo just does not have enough to offer (even if they give up #2 & #3 round picks)

I've heard this floated around, and it makes almost as little sense as St. Louis trading down, just to trade back up (yes, it might net them a profit, but if you're so sold on a guy, and only that guy you get at 3, then why even trade down in the first place if you're not sure you can even move back up or for much cheaper?).

Bucs can sit back, and nab either Claiborne, Richardson or Kalil, any of which would go a long way for a team in the middle of a rebuild. Again, it might make some sense if there's just 1 guy they really like, but when you're sitting in that position to nab any of 3 elite players who give a massive upgrade at the position, why even mess with giving away picks to move up?

they just got a 3rd to move back ONE spot...strike that, updated that they gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th Edited by keggerz