[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MIN - CLE swap

DMD

Me and a coworker were trying to figure out why in the blue hell the Vikes did that swap, and once we saw it was also for Clevelands 4, 5, and 7 picks (if I recall correctly), then it seemed like a no-brainer for MN. Granted we're giving Spielman a lot of credit to not piss those extra picks away, but as a Vikes fan I thought it was a very good trade.

Me and a coworker were trying to figure out why in the blue hell the Vikes did that swap, and once we saw it was also for Clevelands 4, 5, and 7 picks (if I recall correctly), then it seemed like a no-brainer for MN. Granted we're giving Spielman a lot of credit to not piss those extra picks away, but as a Vikes fan I thought it was a very good trade.

I thought the Vikes did a good job there and then they turn around and mystify me at the end of the round.

Agreed

Vikes were able to swing a deal where they picked up extra picks with no risk of losing their guy. Hard to see that as anything but a positive :tup:

I suspect there were teams that wanted to move into the #3 that were willing to give MN a higher pick/picks than Cleveland did, but likely gone would have been the guarantee they would get Kalil, too. So they took the best deal that still allowed them to get their guy. No problem with that.

I thought the Vikes did a good job there and then they turn around and mystify me at the end of the round.

Why is that? If you have watched the Vikes over the past few years, it is the one position where they have had trouble finding playmakers. The Vikings have one of the worst pass defenses in the league year after year. With that said, I think it was a great move. They filled a position of need and still have 10 picks left to play with. I would anticipate that both players will be starting this fall. Edited by Outshined