[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Round 2 predictions/discussion

BeeR

As a Colt fan I plan to be tuned in right off the bat for this one.....Rams can go several directions and most are also great prospects for the Colts. Lot of people saying Colts should nab Fleener and agree it'd be a very good pick for various reasons (need, the Luck/Fleener thing etc), but I would not be at all surprised to see Rams take him. Honestly have they EVER had a great TE? And it would still give Bradford a much-needed extra receiving option, with plenty of time to still get a superior WR later down the list. Some are mocking Glenn to them, who the Colts could also use. Others you see these 2 looking hard at? Still lot of really good prospects out there. If Fleener goes I think Colts should nab Glenn or a WR (I think Hill is still out there?). Course they need help almost everywhere, I just hope they don't reach on a "who tf??" kinda pick.

Edited by BeeR

I would be surprised if St Louis didnt go for randle from LSU. They wiffed on Blackmon, and have a big need at WR. Kendricks was also hurt last year, aso I dont think they take another second round TE this early without addressing the WR position first.

Of course they could go Fleener with the WR depth left becasue the drop off at TE is bigger than the drop off at WR

I think the Browns have to go WR at 2.05, either Randle or Hill. If both are gone then maybe OL or DL.

Local chatter is that they panicked at 1.22 when Wright was taken a couple picks earlier. So they just took Weeden then (couldn't find trade partners or didn't try).

Please make it happen with one of these guys. The Vikings are desperate for a WR IMO:

RECEIVERS NOW TOP PRIORITY

http://www.startribu.../149191125.html

With an offensive tackle and a safety added Thursday night, you’d have to figure the Vikings will want to land a receiver with their next pick. Currently, they don’t figure to be back on the clock until late Friday night when the 66th overall pick comes up. But don’t discount Spielman scratching that trade itch once more if there is a player he really wants. With 10 picks left in the arsenal, the Vikings have the flexibility to move around again if so desired.

As for the top receivers left on the board? Georgia Tech’s Stephen Hill and LSU’s Rueben Randle will likely be nabbed early in Round 2.
The Vikings would love to see South Carolina’s Alshon Jeffery fall into Round 3. Though if they are sold on him – and we’ve heard there’s serious interest – they could trade back into Round 2 and jockey into position like they did for Smith.
Other receivers that might be worth a look at pick 66 include Appalachian State’s Brian Quick, Wake Forest’s Chris Given and Rutgers’ Mohamed Sanu.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I think the Browns have to go WR at 2.05, either Randle or Hill. If both are gone then maybe OL or DL.

Local chatter is that they panicked at 1.22 when Wright was taken a couple picks earlier. So they just took Weeden then (couldn't find trade partners or didn't try).

prob was everyone knew browns wanted weeden. so if they trade back, and anyone else wants him, they would then trade ahead of clev. who knows if another team would've done that, but they apparently didn't want to take that risk.

prob was everyone knew browns wanted weeden. so if they trade back, and anyone else wants him, they would then trade ahead of clev. who knows if another team would've done that, but they apparently didn't want to take that risk.

Also I think that once Wright went off the board, it was kind of a mini tier drop-off, to where none of the WRs really seem worth it over the ones that should be available at the 2.02.

I think St. Louis might go Lavonte David from NE with their 7th or 13th. He put on the weight and got up to 233 at the combine so that issue shouldn't come up. He has always been a very instinctive LB and his explosive speed and playmaking ability should find a home in the top half of the 2nd round IMO. I think the dude will be a stud at the next level but I'm no expert on NFL defenses (don't even play IDP). He has just always been a difference maker and has a nose for the ball.

I think St. Louis might go Lavonte David from NE with their 7th or 13th. He put on the weight and got up to 233 at the combine so that issue shouldn't come up. He has always been a very instinctive LB and his explosive speed and playmaking ability should find a home in the top half of the 2nd round IMO. I think the dude will be a stud at the next level but I'm no expert on NFL defenses (don't even play IDP). He has just always been a difference maker and has a nose for the ball.

Size is his only knock. The guy is a hell of an athlete with a nose for the ball.

Guessing the first 4 picks are going to be pretty pat:]

2.01 STL Adams Glenn fills an obvious need with talent that would have justified his going anywhere in the 2nd half of rd 1. Outside chance of Hill if they feel a distinct need to add a WR, but I'm guessing a guy like Fisher prefers a starting OT to a WR whose route tree consists of a go route.

2.02 IND Fleener obvious need after losing Clark & Tamme in the offseason, and Luck needs targets as well as some comfort from a guy who played pretty damned well at TE with and without Luck at QB in college.

2.03 BAL Konz completely awesome job of trading down from 1.29 and netting a higher 4th rounder than DEN, as the guy who they loved as a Rd 1 pick is available to them here in rd 2.

2.04 DEN Worthy completely dumbass job of trading down, and they drop from 1.25 and get only a 4th rounder for the honor of drafting Haynesworth-lite.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Guessing the first 4 picks are going to be pretty pat:]

2.01 STL Adams fills an obvious need with talent that would have justified his going anywhere in the 2nd half of rd 1. Outside chance of Hill if they feel a distinct need to add a WR, but I'm guessing a guy like Fisher prefers a starting OT to a WR whose route tree consists of a go route.

2.02 IND Fleener obvious need after losing Clark & Tamme in the offseason, and Luck needs targets as well as some comfort from a guy who played pretty damned well at TE with and without Luck at QB in college.

2.03 BAL Konz completely awesome job of trading down from 1.29 and netting a higher 4th rounder than DEN, as the guy who they loved as a Rd 1 pick is available to them here in rd 2.

2.04 DEN Worthy completely dumbass job of trading down, and they drop from 1.25 and get only a 4th rounder for the honor of drafting Haynesworth-lite.

Mike Adams (OT OSU)? Is he even the best OT left? I was looking at a couple things on NFL site and both have Glenn ahead of Adams

mock 2nd round draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828a8579/article/secondround-mock-draft-fleener-osweiler-still-available?module=HP11_content_stream

Mike Mayocks best available

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828ab25a/article/mike-mayocks-best-available-players-entering-second-round

Mike Adams (OT OSU)? Is he even the best OT left? I was looking at a couple things on NFL site and both have Glenn ahead of Adams

I think you could make a reasonable argument for either one. Personally I like Adams better, but that doesn't mean he's the better choice as determined by a team. I don't think Glenn can play left OT in the NFL, whereas I think Adams could grow into it. I see Glenn as the superior run blocker while Adams is the better pass blocker.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think you could make a reasonable argument for either one. Personally I like Adams better, but that doesn't mean he's the better choice as determined by a team. I don't think Glenn can play left OT in the NFL, whereas I think Adams could grow into it. I see Glenn as the superior run blocker while Adams is the better pass blocker.

I've seen it speculated that he could go anywhere from first to third since the character concerns arising from the positive Josh Gordon test at the combine along with the OSU scandal, but he seems to have settled in in the second.

I think Falcons would be jumping for joy if he fell at 55, but with Glenn having the versatility and a lot less questions, you really have to be in love with Adams and see him as a much better fit to pass Glenn for him (IMO, can probably say the same for Martin too, if you want someone safe who could be a quick contributor too).

I've seen it speculated that he could go anywhere from first to third since the character concerns arising from the positive Josh Gordon test at the combine along with the OSU scandal, but he seems to have settled in in the second.

I think Falcons would be jumping for joy if he fell at 55, but with Glenn having the versatility and a lot less questions, you really have to be in love with Adams and see him as a much better fit to pass Glenn for him (IMO, can probably say the same for Martin too, if you want someone safe who could be a quick contributor too).

Okay, I'm persuaded. Shall we make the Rams' pick Glenn instead?

Okay, I'm persuaded. Shall we make the Rams' pick Glenn instead?

Well, I didn't mean to go that far, just that the concerns could scare some teams off, so you'd really have love his skills...

But Charlie Casserly was just on the NFLN talking about how, despite the character concerns, Adams might be the 2nd best pure tackle in the draft.... Also the more I look at Glenn and Martin, the less I feel that they're as safe, having some on-the-filed-concerns themselves, especially playing left tackle.

Maybe you're right that he could make more sense for St. Louis's needs of a pure tackle, whereas a guy like Glenn could fit a lot better for a team like the Falcons (and I certainly hope we trade up if he starts sliding) who could use a versatile guy like that, with upgrade and depth needs just about everywhere on a plug-and-play line. Perhaps that's where Glenn's value really lies...