[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaCanfora reports Vilma suspended for season

loaf

Wow !!!! This must have been played during a Steelers game, as this is my first time seeing this footage. It is truly disgusting and I'd like to see the Saints fans try to defend this one. Throw them all out of the league NOW !!! Unbelievable.

The refs were obviously in on it too, as I didn't see one flag !!!! :rant:

Edited by Menudo

This footage is not allowed to be reused without the permission of the Saints and the NFL. It should be disregarded. What we need to ask is why would this footage be illegally broadcasted now. The timing is suspicious.

Even if the NFL didn't have any evidence and decided to gamble hoping somebody would confess to the bounty program they have succeded.

You're right, they have no evidence of anything, all punishment of the Saints should be overturned and they should be awarded some extra draft picks and money to compensate them for their hard ship. :bash:

If it was your team then wouldn't you want something more definitive? Again, I don't need to "see the evidence," but I certainly am interested to see what happens when the NFL has to present it's case to someone other than itself. Believe me, I'll be the first one here to say the Saints deserved every bit of the punishment they recieved if it all turns out to be as accurate as the league has portrayed it. But if it's not, and I've seen more than enough evidence to at least suggest that, then how many of you will step up to the plate?

You're right, they have no evidence of anything, all punishment of the Saints should be overturned and they should be awarded some extra draft picks and money to compensate them for their hard ship. :bash:

You're wrong, they have an email!

If it was your team then wouldn't you want something more definitive? Again, I don't need to "see the evidence," but I certainly am interested to see what happens when the NFL has to present it's case to someone other than itself. Believe me, I'll be the first one here to say the Saints deserved every bit of the punishment they recieved if it all turns out to be as accurate as the league has portrayed it. But if it's not, and I've seen more than enough evidence to at least suggest that, then how many of you will step up to the plate?

I hope I'd be handling it better than you. Everytime you read something that has the slightest hint of backing up your defense of the Saints you post it here with a :shrug: or some remark implying it supports you view that

1) The Saints are being unfairly targeted/punished by the NFL

2) that they didn't really do this, there is no evidence

3) that the media is in some giant cospiracy to smear the good name of the Saints

Seriously, it has become almost laughable. I cannot tell if you really believe it, or if you just like to argue and debate.

So you say you don't need to see the evidence, and will say the Saints deserve the punishment if it all turns out to be accurate. Based on what? The Saints coming out and admitting it? The media removing any doubt? The NFLPA being able to see the evidence and saying "yep Saints are guilty"? You're basically asking to either see the evidence, of have the accussed admit they dit it. Short of that you'll keep not believing your team anything wrong.

I hope I'd be handling it better than you. Everytime you read something that has the slightest hint of backing up your defense of the Saints you post it here with a :shrug: or some remark implying it supports you view that

3) that the media is in some giant cospiracy to smear the good name of the Saints

Seriously, it has become almost laughable. I cannot tell if you really believe it, or if you just like to argue and debate.

So you say you don't need to see the evidence, and will say the Saints deserve the punishment if it all turns out to be accurate. Based on what? The Saints coming out and admitting it? The media removing any doubt? The NFLPA being able to see the evidence and saying "yep Saints are guilty"? You're basically asking to either see the evidence, of have the accussed admit they dit it. Short of that you'll keep not believing your team anything wrong.

bolded is my favorite part from his ridiculous post...absolutley laughable. This gets worse for him every day. I have never seen anyone on this site make such a fool of himself. Usually whena story comes out about something or someone that you support, there is a period of denial that is at least to be expected in some cases. But that usually does not last this long. This guy is taking it to a level that is embarrassing to watch.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that I wasn't allowed to post anything that supports my point of view, silly me. :doh:

Personally, I thought I’ve handled myself just fine. Despite the obvious personal attachment to the subject, I haven’t attacked anyone aside for calling all of you a collective bag of dicks (which was a joke BTW), I’ve kept everything civil, I’ve stood by everything I’ve said, I’ve remained mind-numbingly consistent in all of my views, I’ve backed up & clarified everything I’ve said and all this in the face of being continually ridiculed, misinterpreted and/or having my posts blatantly twisted to make me out to be some conspiracy theorist nut-job as you are doing now.

So let’s get on with it. It wouldn’t be right for me not to continue to humor you with my laughable conspiracies and ridiculously blind homerism:

1) Yes, I believe, based on the evidence that has been presented and the standards set for punishments, that the Saints are being unfairly punished by the NFL.

Note the change in wording & I’ll explain. I don’t think that any team, including and especially mine, is above scrutiny or “targeting” from the league. The Saints have certainly opened themselves up for an investigation & the evidence would suggest that there very well could have been a system in place that included knocking out a player for a cash reward. In fact, what has been said by the NFL & media would make it seem likely. Gregg Williams certainly seems to fit the bill with his brashness and doesn’t seem to shy away from bending the rules a bit. But I do question the leagues motives in pursuing this in the manner they have & especially with which they have so publicly accused the Saints I do believe that the league saw this as a prime opportunity to show how they are taking player safety seriously and I have to wonder if they exaggerated the accusations and punishments to back up their position in way of the lawsuits they are facing from former players and if that is the case, then yes, I think that it is unfair to make the Saints the proverbial sacrificial lamb. Furthermore, regardless of the Saints guilt or lack thereof, I disagree with the length of suspensions for Payton, Vilma & Hargrove based on comparisons with suspensions of other players and coaches that the league has levied in the past several years. That opinion won’t change one way or the other. Not you or anyone else can tell me that it’s fair to give a person the same punishment for lying about and continuing a pay-to-injure scheme as you would someone who killed a person, but as I’ve said many times before, I am willing to accept it if they are in fact guilty.

2)That the Saints didn’t really do this, there is no evidence.

What exactly happened & when it all occurred, I’m wondering if we will ever really know the truth. But I’m not one to condemn a person, or a team in this case, based on hearsay from disgruntled former employees, whining from butt-hurt coaches/players who lost their own chance at a Super Bowl, contrived statements from coaches or conjecture from a media who’s only real agenda is drawing and holding your attention. Call me a homer for that if you like, but unlike you, at least I can say with all honesty that I’m willing to listen to both sides of an argument rather than having my opinion spoon-fed to me. Nor am I stupid enough not to see that the other side has their own agenda as well. To be completely honest, I don’t know who or what to believe, but at least I’m willing to say that. I know what I want to be true, but I’m not gullible or naïve enough believe it based on wishes & hope. But this is my team, how could I call myself a fan if I didn’t at least give a chance to whatever hope I can find, even if I know and are willing to admit it may not be true? Isn’t that what being a true fan is all about? So yes, until I see either see some real proof or at least some definitive agreement from someone a bit more impartial, then I will continue to question whether the Saints did everything they have been accused of. (Again, note the wording… I said question, not deny). I will say this, if Vilma has done what he is being punished for & has been lying & misleading fans all along then I hope the team cuts him. Not for the act that he has already been punished for, but for betraying the fans faith in him.

3)That the media is in some giant conspiracy to smear the good name of the Saints. .

I think it’s obvious, but if anyone has actually listened to what I’ve said through all this then they would know that you are overstating my opinion here for affect, which tells me that you are really only interested in trying to humiliate me into submission rather than have an actual debate. If you don’t care enough about your position not to resort to mockery as a tactic then you really shouldn’t debate at all.

So in conclusion, if the Saints were to come out & admit the whole thing were true, or the NFLPA and/or court actually gets to see all the evidence & agrees with the NFL’s findings or the NFL decides to release everything to the public and it shows that the NFL does in fact have the evidence to back up their accusations and punishments, then I would be more than willing to agree that the NFL was justified. Until then, I won’t “continue to believe that my team didn’t do anything wrong,” but rather continue to hold out hope, keep an open mind and be willing to listen to both sides of the story before I decide.

Edited by rajncajn

bolded is my favorite part from his ridiculous post...absolutley laughable. This gets worse for him every day. I have never seen anyone on this site make such a fool of himself. Usually whena story comes out about something or someone that you support, there is a period of denial that is at least to be expected in some cases. But that usually does not last this long. This guy is taking it to a level that is embarrassing to watch.

I guess you're just not used to seeing somebody stand up for something they believe in. If you think me a fool for that then I'll take it as a compliment.

Edited by rajncajn

I guess you're just not used to seeing somebody stand up for something they believe in. If you think me a fool for that then I'll take it as a compliment.

Don't let people knock on your support of your team. I does not hurt anybody to believe what you believe until you see something definative.