[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints players Suspended

Darkhorse1251

Drew Brees is a hard core union stooge. Anything he alleges against the league should be taken with a large degree of skepticism.

Man, are you a hater. Drew Brees became a named Plaintiff against the NFL because he is (1) a member of the union, and (2) a high profile player known for his ability, intelligence, and willingness to give back to the community. But to you, he’s a “union stooge.”

Edited by White lightning

Brees says that he's been told that some of the coaches statements (That would imply more than just Gregg Williams) were manufactured by the league.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/06/drew_brees_soothes_fans_worrie.html

"Have I been told that some of the statements that were supposedly released have been said by the coaches were actually statements that were actually drawn up and manufactured by the NFL and then basically put out there as their words?" Brees asked. "Yes. If that's the case, that's unfortunate. It makes them sound like they're trying to manufacture something, fabricate it or hide the truth and the facts."

"To this point, none of us have seen any proof that would justify the punishment or show that there was indeed a pay-to-injure scheme going on," Brees said. "I think they've tried to confuse the issue by combining pay-to-injure with pay-for-performance, which are obviously two very different things. These are heinous accusations."

I honestly think the real issue is just what Brees said in that last paragraph. The league is punishing the Saints for having a "bounty" system because pay-for-performance is lumped into the same rule as bounties are. But the league seems to refuse to recognize the difference which is why a lot of people, especially Saints fans, players & coaches think the punishments and the accusations are unfair.

Jesus H Christ, WL. Are you turning into a stalker? Brees just filed a complaint with the union whining that the Saints are being unfair by only offering him Brady/Manning money while he wants $2M per year more than that. I disagree with Brees' position that he's worth 11% more in compensation than those guys. He is a well documented activist member of the union and has taken diametrically oppositional positions to the league on multiple occassions. He's more than affable to publicly biting the hand that feeds him. Where's the hate in recognizing the obvious?

Stalker? No. Willing to call you out on describing Brees as "a hard core union stooge" because he disagreed with the NFL on several matters? Yes. BB I get it, you're anti-union, anti-pension, and anti (fill in the blank), just don't try and backtrack from your comments.

Edited by White lightning

Jesus H Christ, WL. Are you turning into a stalker? Brees just filed a complaint with the union whining that the Saints are being unfair by only offering him Brady/Manning money while he wants $2M per year more than that. I disagree with Brees' position that he's worth 11% more in compensation than those guys.

Brees filed a complaint with the union? That's news to me. Can you provide a link? And where are you getting those contract numbers? From ESPN or NFL.com?

He is a well documented activist member of the union and has taken diametrically oppositional positions to the league on multiple occassions. He's more than affable to publicly biting the hand that feeds him. Where's the hate in recognizing the obvious?

Just what do you think a union is for? :shrug: I guess he should have just sided with the league all along and told the players to shut up and be happy with whatever the league decides is best for them. :rolleyes: It doesn't mean that he hates the league, it just means that he's interested in protecting himself and his fellow players. The league has THEIR best interest in mind and nobody elses, make no mistake about that.

Why do you think Brees refuses to name who told him? Tired old trick that has zero credibility.

Well if he thinks that they are worried about further repercussions then how much of an CHEETO would he be to say who it was? :shrug:

:lol: well I heard from this guy who says he knows Brees screws dead poodles.

So sorry for your loss.

You still didn't answer my questions though.

Brees filed a complaint with the union? That's news to me. Can you provide a link? And where are you getting those contract numbers? From ESPN or NFL.com?

Edited by rajncajn

From Rotoworld:

Commissioner Roger Goodell has upheld the "Bounty Scandal" suspensions of Saints MLB Jonathan Vilma, Saints DE Will Smith, Browns OLB Scott Fujita, and Packers DL Anthony Hargrove.

This was certainly not unexpected. An arbitrator ruled last month that Goodell retained the power to impose discipline on players involved in the scandal from 2009-2011. "None of you has offered any evidence that would warrant reconsideration of your suspensions," Goodell explained in a letter to the players. "Your lawyers raised a series of jurisdictional and procedural objections that generally ignore the CBA."

:rofl: