[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Player Position changes in MFL

Caveman_Nick

Does anyone know when player positions typically get shifted in MFL?

Thanks.

Commissioner can do this manually. Commissioner Abilities -> Setup -> Change Player Position (left side, middle of Players and Rosters section).

The last one is right before the regular season. It will be very interesting to see where Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney land . . .

My guess is that both will be classified as LB.

I would agree...shouldn't even be any question about it.

I definitely see Mathis going to LB, but Freeney, I'm not so sure. I could see him still being classified a DE like Terrell Suggs. Right now, Rotoworld has Mathis as a LB, and Freeney as a DE.

I definitely see Mathis going to LB, but Freeney, I'm not so sure. I could see him still being classified a DE like Terrell Suggs. Right now, Rotoworld has Mathis as a LB, and Freeney as a DE.

While MFL does a better job than it use to on player classification, in our league the Commish makes the last call on player positions. Not sure how MFL lists Suggs but we designated him as an OLB in our league and have for years. We use the teams official roster designation and coach speak. We do allow an owner to challenge if they think they have a real case. Additionally, we will also give owners a one week notice if needed during the season if a position switch is warranted to allow for roster.

So far the Colts have stated they will both be OLB's but have yet to change their roster designation.

Some teams like the Redskins will designate a player a OLB/DE which complicates matters but in the end we make the call, not a website.

While MFL does a better job than it use to on player classification, in our league the Commish makes the last call on player positions. Not sure how MFL lists Suggs but we designated him as an OLB in our league and have for years. We use the teams official roster designation and coach speak. We do allow an owner to challenge if they think they have a real case. Additionally, we will also give owners a one week notice if needed during the season if a position switch is warranted to allow for roster.

So far the Colts have stated they will both be OLB's but have yet to change their roster designation.

Some teams like the Redskins will designate a player a OLB/DE which complicates matters but in the end we make the call, not a website.

Suggs went to arbitration over the Ravens listing him as LB when they franchised him....his argument was that he played more DE....the arbitrator settled on an average of the two positions for the FT amount....for that reason alone, I fully expect the Colts to list Freeney as an OLB, especially since he is in the final year of his contract, should they decide to franchise him (doubtful but you never know), doing so would be cheaper as an OLB....and fwiw, a few years ago I did a breakdown on the snaps that Suggs played and he did indeed play more at DE than he did as a LB....actually I think I posted those numbers as my very first tweet on twitter.

fwiw, I asked Mathis the following question, "How are you feeling about transitioning to a rush OLB in the new scheme?"...his response was "love it!"

When Mathis was originally drafted, there was a lot of talk about trying to make him a linebacker. I think he will do great. I don't think Freeney will. I still think the Colts trade him at some point.