[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Draft feeling about my Beloved Boys

Cowboyz1

Well you could be GB and go 15-1 and get exposed by a real Defense. Or the Colts with King Manning who struggled to get buy without one. So yes, we all know a Defense like the Giants with pass rush galore or the Niners with stingy D or the Ravens of years past is a necessary element. So I would say yes a Defense that can close and take the ball away and tackle someone is a prereq for Winning a Superbowl.

I didn't say anything about a Super Bowl. I said winning. Teams with stud QBs and crummy defenses make the playoffs and win playoff games. Dallas has one playoff victory with Romo at the helm. You can blame the defense or whoever else you want, but so far, Romo hasn't got it done when it counts. You don't need me to tell you that.

You can blame the defense or whoever else you want, but so far, Romo hasn't got it done when it counts. You don't need me to tell you that.

:lol:

Which Romo lead team was a legitimate contender? None, but you don't need me to tell you that.

Which Romo lead team was a legitimate contender? None, but you don't need me to tell you that.

So I suppose that when Dallas wins in November its because of Romo?

And when Dallas loses in December its in spite of Romo?

Don't agree with this whatsoever. One example is that pops into my head are the 08 Cardinals that were 9-7 but almost won the SB. Dallas has had ample talent for a number of years to contend.

Don't agree with this whatsoever. One example is that pops into my head are the 08 Cardinals that were 9-7 but almost won the SB. Dallas has had ample talent for a number of years to contend.

Exactly......great QB's put their team on his back and carry them to big wins. Hall of Fame QB's do it over and over again. Romo, up to this point, is neither. He is a good QB, who needs to lead his team to post-season success to move into the 'great' category.

As usual, I agree with Bushwacked. :highfive:

Which Cowboy team from 2004-current would have won a Super Bowl if it had better QB play? The answer is none.

Guess we will agree to disagree, because I couldn't disagree more. If you put Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers type QBs on the Cowboys they would be contenders every year.

I think an additional number of 2nd tier QBs would have won more playoff games than Romo also.

Edited by bushwacked

Guess we will agree to disagree, because I couldn't disagree more. If you put Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers type QBs on the Cowboys they would be contenders every year.

I think an additional number of 2nd tier QBs would have won more playoff games than Romo also.

That's why I love that they have Romo, he's just good enough that they aren't looking to replace him or even sign another QB to push him, but he'll never lead them deep into the playoffs.

That's why I love that they have Romo, he's just good enough that they aren't looking to replace him or even sign another QB to push him, but he'll never lead them deep into the playoffs.

You can think that way if you want to but you can't be good enough to smash Cowboys Records and be on the all time lists above and not be good enough. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he won't. Well see though, a lot of things have to go right to win big in this league and his time is coming just like every other QB that was told he couldn't win big but had the numbers. It's just a matter of time my friend. Just a matter of time.

Can't wait to see how this year pans out though.

You can think that way if you want to but you can't be good enough to smash Cowboys Records and be on the all time lists above and not be good enough.

Best QB to smash all time team records who was not good enough to win in the clutch evah.

You must be crazy. Again, tell me which Cowboys team, 2004 to current, would have won a Super Bowl had theyhad better QB play. You can't do it because there isn't one because every version of the Dallas Cowboys since 2004 has been flawed beyond the QB position. If I thought Romo was the problem I'd let you know. The Dallas Cowboys aren't the Cardinals. As a Cowboys fan, I don't define winning in the clutch as losing a Super Bowl.

So once again, unless someone can tell me which Cowboys team 2004 to current wins a Super Bowl with better QB play, you are just making noise.

You must be crazy. Again, tell me which Cowboys team, 2004 to current, would have won a Super Bowl had theyhad better QB play. You can't do it because there isn't one because every version of the Dallas Cowboys since 2004 has been flawed beyond the QB position. If I thought Romo was the problem I'd let you know. The Dallas Cowboys aren't the Cardinals. As a Cowboys fan, I don't define winning in the clutch as losing a Super Bowl.

So once again, unless someone can tell me which Cowboys team 2004 to current wins a Super Bowl with better QB play, you are just making noise.

Does anbody?

bushwacked 9 posts ago

Well, in fairness, he was referencing Kurt Warner, who took a 9-7 team to within 1:30 of winning the Super Bowl by carrying them on his back. He also had a Super Bowl victory and a couple of MVP's already under his belt.

It's easy to say that another QB wouldn't have won more with the Cowboys, as it can't be proven. I believe strongly that several other QB's would have done much better than Romo, but, once again, none of it can be proven. The fact is that, thus far, Romo hasn't won the significant games that a QB needs to win to become great.

Well, in fairness, he was referencing Kurt Warner, who took a 9-7 team to within 1:30 of winning the Super Bowl by carrying them on his back. He also had a Super Bowl victory and a couple of MVP's already under his belt.

Well, in fairness, Warner's coverage of Holmes in the games' final seconds was a total choke job.

So are you saying that we cannot assess a QB's abilities and potential until he plays on a Superbowl contender?

Again, you can blame the defense for the Cowboys going one and out year after year. But how is that relevant to Romo's performances in those playoff games?

So are you saying that we cannot assess a QB's abilities and potential until he plays on a Superbowl contender?

Again, you can blame the defense for the Cowboys going one and out year after year. But how is that relevant to Romo's performances in those playoff games?

2006 lost to Seattle on botched PAT attempt. If you are telling me you take prima donnas like Breese, Manning, Rodgers or Brady to do the PAT in the cold and rain over a guy who had actully done it before, I say you are full of $hit. It was a bad snap, that team sucked anyways and the only reason the 2006 Cowboys even snuck into the playoffs was thanks to the QB play of Tony Romo. So you can put any QB you want in charge of the 2006 Cowboys and you migt win one more playoff game. Big whoop.

2007 lost at home to the Giants. Romo didn't have a great game but he didn't choke anything away. You can argue the 2007 Cowboys were contenders but you are wrong. They were coached by Wade Phillips. TO was their #1 WR. Your secondary consisted of Ken Hamlin, Henry, Jacquez Reeves, Newman and Roy Williams and they had 11 penalties that day. I suppose you are one of those guys who thinks the Cowboys could have beat the Giants in 2007 had they just had a QB like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers instead of Romo, right?

I bet you are the kind of guy who would blame a 34-3 home playoff loss to the Vikings in 2009 on the QB too. It must be Romo's fault that every other pass Sidney Rice caught that day went for a TD.

Please.

I bet you are the kind of guy who would blame a 34-3 home playoff loss to the Vikings in 2009 on the QB too. It must be Romo's fault that every other pass Sidney Rice caught that day went for a TD.

No. But I bet you're the kind of guy that wouldn't blame Romo for the offense putting up a whopping three points.

Anyway, you appear to be a bit emotional on the subject. I didn't mean to provoke you. My apologies.

• Like 1

2006 lost to Seattle on botched PAT attempt. If you are telling me you take prima donnas like Breese, Manning, Rodgers or Brady to do the PAT in the cold and rain over a guy who had actully done it before, I say you are full of $hit. It was a bad snap, that team sucked anyways and the only reason the 2006 Cowboys even snuck into the playoffs was thanks to the QB play of Tony Romo. So you can put any QB you want in charge of the 2006 Cowboys and you migt win one more playoff game. Big whoop.

2007 lost at home to the Giants. Romo didn't have a great game but he didn't choke anything away. You can argue the 2007 Cowboys were contenders but you are wrong. They were coached by Wade Phillips. TO was their #1 WR. Your secondary consisted of Ken Hamlin, Henry, Jacquez Reeves, Newman and Roy Williams and they had 11 penalties that day. I suppose you are one of those guys who thinks the Cowboys could have beat the Giants in 2007 had they just had a QB like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers instead of Romo, right?

Please.

V

Club your trying to convince a Polar Bear that seals are far to fatty and should be eliminated from it's diet and replaced by berries and veggies. We Cowboys fans have faced the facts that each team over the years has been, as you said, flawed and though tough to admit during the season Slip is far and away the reason we even had any hope at all. Each new year promises hope but this year more so then others as we have a legit RB and perhaps the best coverage of all those teams. We shall see but I am hopeful that the D comes together and Ogletree gets cut.

No. But I bet you're the kind of guy that wouldn't blame Romo for the offense putting up a whopping three points.

Anyway, you appear to be a bit emotional on the subject. I didn't mean to provoke you. My apologies.

Did you even see the game. Allen and co. weren't even blocked a little bit. NO QB would have had a chance in that game. Hardly blame Romo for that game at all. Again a flawed team with poor Oline play that nearly got Romo killed.

• Like 1

:lol: I don't feel emotional. I get annyoed when you put words in my mouth because I know you know I know.

It'll be OK.

I didn't say anything about a Super Bowl. I said winning. Teams with stud QBs and crummy defenses make the playoffs and win playoff games. Dallas has one playoff victory with Romo at the helm. You can blame the defense or whoever else you want, but so far, Romo hasn't got it done when it counts. You don't need me to tell you that.

I agree. As a matter of fact, I don't see why Dallas even suits up this season...they have no chance