[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(Somewhat) bold predictions for the 2012 Fantasy season

Papajohn

Now THAT'S bold.

I'm not so sure. He has had his first real offseason and is apparently an animal now. 5 lbs more muscle in upper body, faster and has done constant off season work in the film room.

Last year he came into camp completely out of shape, not knowing what to expect. His YPC was second in league and with Tolbert gone, will get more touches.

Yes, I get that Turner is known as a passing coach, but look what he did with Emmit and later Gore in SF! Turner will pound the ball until you stop it and if you don't, will be happy trying to out score you in a shortened game.

The BIGGEST key will be improvement on the D. If they can get off the field on third down and not have to get into air wars, then the Boltz will rely much more on Mathews.

I think he is in for a BIG season.

My bold prediction is that because of Mathews production, Rivers will finish out of the top ten but still ends up with a 110+ passer rating while Gates returns to form and breaks back to the top three.

Adrian Peterson will once again prove he ain't human and rush for 1200 yds

Randy Moss will have one final resurgence and go for 1000 yds

Aaron Rodgers will have a stellar season leading the Packers to a 15-1 season and a first round bye only to suffer a fluke season ending injury in practice leading up to the first playoff game. Desperate, Ted Thompson reaches out to Brett Favre to come in and save them. Favre guts out a win in the first playoff game only to lose the NFC championship game by throwing 4 INTs.

I'm not so sure. He has had his first real offseason and is apparently an animal now. 5 lbs more muscle in upper body, faster and has done constant off season work in the film room.

Last year he came into camp completely out of shape, not knowing what to expect. His YPC was second in league and with Tolbert gone, will get more touches.

Yes, I get that Turner is known as a passing coach, but look what he did with Emmit and later Gore in SF! Turner will pound the ball until you stop it and if you don't, will be happy trying to out score you in a shortened game.

The BIGGEST key will be improvement on the D. If they can get off the field on third down and not have to get into air wars, then the Boltz will rely much more on Mathews.

I think he is in for a BIG season.

My bold prediction is that because of Mathews production, Rivers will finish out of the top ten but still ends up with a 110+ passer rating while Gates returns to form and breaks back to the top three.

A few tweets from Evan Silva:

Norv has had 14 RBs with 270+ carries. 10 with 300+. Only used RBBC when forced. Tolbert's exit, no replacement indicates Mathews next up.

A hint at #Chargers plan for Mathews: Norv has been OC/HC for 21 seasons. His top backs have avg'd 282 carries & 43 catches per year.

A few tweets from Evan Silva:

Norv has had 14 RBs with 270+ carries. 10 with 300+. Only used RBBC when forced. Tolbert's exit, no replacement indicates Mathews next up.

A hint at #Chargers plan for Mathews: Norv has been OC/HC for 21 seasons. His top backs have avg'd 282 carries & 43 catches per year.

I'll put it this way... IF Mathews plays 16 games, the only running back that can outscore him is Arian Foster.

I got on the Mathews hype train during his final season at Fresno State, and I've never stepped off. This guy can be special.

Edited by piratesownninjas

I'll put it this way... IF Mathews plays 16 games, the only running back that can outscore him is Arian Foster.

I got on the Mathews hype train during his final season at Fresno State, and I've never stepped off. This guy can be special.

Hasn't played a full season Forever. This one won't be any different. Dude sits with a hangnail and is fragile to boot. More like an uneducated prediction.

Hasn't played a full season Forever. This one won't be any different. Dude sits with a hangnail and is fragile to boot. More like an uneducated prediction.

Good job on being a prick.

I could talk about being uneducated in regards to Mathews... About how he missed substantial time in his rookie year while dealing with his contract, or how he came into camp last year out of shape because he was unable to train under the supervision of his strength and conditioning coach which led to him working out improperly, but you'd probably just not read it and stick to your safe picks. You're probably the guy that had unreasonable expectations on Mathews as a rookie, and because he disappointed you then he must suck. Labeling him fragile and sits with a hangnail leads me to believe that you haven't watched Mathews play.

Read the thread, drop the elitist attitude. Follow what everyone else is doing and what the ADP says.

And Mathews has played two seasons. His rookie year his ankle injury could have been a lot worse. Not sure how you prevent that. And I'd be willing to wager that his injuries in 2011 had more to do with playing catch up with his fitness than just being injury prone.

Edited by piratesownninjas

. Follow what everyone else is doing and what the ADP says.

That's great advice if you want to finish in 5th place.

As for Matthews, he is loaded with talent, but probably lacks the DNA to be an every down running back in the NFL. The departure of Tolbert means nothing, the job was Matthews for the taking but he hasn't taken it. Ball security and lack of preparation have dogged him in his first two seasons. Pirates excuse for failing the conditioning workout is absurd, nobody was at any facility and I didn't hear about other feature backs failing. Maybe this is the year he puts it all together but I won't wager a first round pick on that gamble.

Good job on being a prick.

I could talk about being uneducated in regards to Mathews... About how he missed substantial time in his rookie year while dealing with his contract, or how he came into camp last year out of shape because he was unable to train under the supervision of his strength and conditioning coach which led to him working out improperly, but you'd probably just not read it and stick to your safe picks. You're probably the guy that had unreasonable expectations on Mathews as a rookie, and because he disappointed you then he must suck. Labeling him fragile and sits with a hangnail leads me to believe that you haven't watched Mathews play.

Read the thread, drop the elitist attitude. Follow what everyone else is doing and what the ADP says.

And Mathews has played two seasons. His rookie year his ankle injury could have been a lot worse. Not sure how you prevent that. And I'd be willing to wager that his injuries in 2011 had more to do with playing catch up with his fitness than just being injury prone.

No just calling a spade a garden tool. What excuse do you have for him for missing time due to injury at Fresno? And no I never drafted him too early or at all because of what I know about his history.I followed his Conference in College closely, and thought and stated he went too high when drafted. With the WR corps the Bolts currently have, he will be especially keyed on in games this year. Which doesn't bode well for your "Ifs" Oh and I'm sure there is only one strength and conditioning coach that a fine student of the game such as him could use, right? Yet you dare to compare him to Foster, whom wasn't even drafted yet made the team with work ethic and conditioning, became an All Pro and battled through injuries last year to still be a stud RB.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Another bold prediction: Calvin Johnson will have a down year, sustain an injury that causes him to miss several games, or do something down the stretch that severely hurts his team.

Will he then have his name legally changed to Andre Johnson?

No just calling a spade a garden tool. What excuse do you have for him for missing time due to injury at Fresno? And no I never drafted him too early or at all because of what I know about his history.I followed his Conference in College closely, and thought and stated he went too high when drafted. With the WR corps the Bolts currently have, he will be especially keyed on in games this year. Which doesn't bode well for your "Ifs" Oh and I'm sure there is only one strength and conditioning coach that a fine student of the game such as him could use, right? Yet you dare to compare him to Foster, whom wasn't even drafted yet made the team with work ethic and conditioning, became an All Pro and battled through injuries last year to still be a stud RB.

Time to find the ignore button on the new layout.

I didn't look up the scoring, but the guy's own comment says that TE's get an improved amount of PPR in that format. So in that format it might make sense. If everybody starts taking TEs in the first 20 or so picks, I'm just going to assume this is the new fools gold and pick up some value. Maybe I've just been lucky, but TE is a spot where I've either found value, been able to platoon two reasonable players into good scores, or grabbed a guy off the WW that produced well. If I can get a top %er at a decent price, I'd consider it, but 1.10 is too rich for my blood.

It is only Gronk and Graham that will go that early. In a dynasty league where you must start a TE and with a TE bonus I think it is reasonable.

Our league scoring and starting requirements surely plays into things...few things: can start 0-3 RBs, 1-3 TEs, TEs get 1.25 ppr (WRs 1.0, RBs .5)..also it is a 16 team dynasty idp league

Time to find the ignore button on the new layout.

With all due respect, it seems like Hugh backed up his points pretty well. In fact, he didn't even rise to the bait of being called a prick and simply laid his points out. You may disagree, but...

Has anyone said that Alex Smith with be a reliable starter in 12 team leagues? Because I'm calling top 10. Not top 5, mind you, but somebody is going to be able to pick him up late and will be starting him by week 4.

Josh Cooper wins Cleveland's slot wr spot and out-produces Justin Blackmon - who he played with at OK state. haha, ok maybe not the last part. but this article actually suggests it's possible he could get the gig: http://nflsoup.com/?p=26222

He did play with Weeden at Ok state, after all. and the Browns wr's are turrible. thoughts?

you also got on the Portis and Ingram hype trains.....- i think i'll pass.